Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Crit Resistance On Armor

csoler1993b14_ESO
csoler1993b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
hey everyone! I would just like to know how does " Crit Resistance" actually work on armor? I heard all Veteran Rank 10's stack it. Does it work as 60 critical resistance means if a player crits me for 200 the crit is reduced to 140? Thanks for any valuable information.
  • janschuetteb16_ESO
    I THINK critical resistance reduces the chance opponents have to critically hit you.
    It probably works as a reversed crit rating (where potions with 300 crit rating would increase your crit chance by ~30%)
    Also, i never noticed a NPC to crit me, so it only seems to apply to PvP
    Edited by janschuetteb16_ESO on May 9, 2014 10:09AM
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure have been struck with a crit by monsters before. Its not very frequent, and usually only bosses do it. I add this resistance to 2-3 pieces of my armor now, and I have never been one-shotted since.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We do not have a way too determine if its a Direct Reduction or a reduced chance either way for tanking its needed, i made a non Crit defiance set of amour and i am constantly being hit by larger hits then before when i had it on, in vet dungeons bosses crit allot more then lvls 1-49, also wanted too point out that if you have a whole set of legendary amour your impenetrable stat reaches 100 on each piece of amour, you could effectively have 800 Crit deff if that was a direct reduction that is huge! If its not a direct reduction and its chance then 100=10% reduction that 80% reduction in chance too crit which is also amazing either way don't matter.
    Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on May 13, 2014 1:53AM