The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why do I have to do it again?

michaeljones161b16_ESO
I was most of the way through the a quest - the one where you have to rescue Lyris Titanborn from Coldharbour- and had to log out because life got in the way.
When I came back a couple of days later to continue the quest, I logged in and found myself standing outside the Harbourage.
I went in and spoke to the Prophet, entered the portal to Coldharbour and found I had to rescue her all over again.
Are quests supposed to reset like that?
I cant bothered re-doing quests just because I can't finish them in one go,
Edited by michaeljones161b16_ESO on April 30, 2014 10:36PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main story quests are meant to be finished in one sitting, because they take place in specialized instances. They reset if you leave the game for any extended period of time. They take about 15-20 minutes on average, so this is not an undue burden on you.
    ----
    Murray?
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    This is how games have worked for years from RPG's to Action games if you don't finish some things in one go you have to do it again it's the most basic way for a game to add challenge.

MMO's have been doing it pretty much as long as there have been MMO's until recently these could sometimes be 2-3 hour spans that had to be completed in one try since this is hard for some people they now save progress in raids often and such quests have been carved down to 20-30 mins but if you can never play longer then 15 mins at a time you'll have trouble with any MMO.

MOB's were made for players that can't play for more then 15mins at a time MMO's target people who may play for hours on end.
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 1:13AM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think any are like this outside the introduction, for what it's worth.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldkye wrote: »
    This is how games have worked for years from RPG's to Action games if you don't finish some things in one go you have to do it again it's the most basic way for a game to add challenge.

MMO's have been doing it pretty much as long as there have been MMO's until recently these could sometimes be 2-3 hour spans that had to be completed in one try since this is hard for some people they now save progress in raids often and such quests have been carved down to 20-30 mins but if you can never play longer then 15 mins at a time you'll have trouble with any MMO.

MOB's were made for players that can't play for more then 15mins at a time MMO's target people who may play for hours on end.
    Was there any need to be so condescending?
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    oldkye wrote: »

Was there any need to be so condescending?

It wasn't condescending lol it was informative contrary to popular belief not everyone on the internet is a troll who's only goal is to hurt your feelings ^.^ some of us just like exchanging information and MOB's are indeed custom built for people who can only play 15mins at a time.

I myself have several I play because some days 15mins is all I have as it is with many people we have jobs, families, friends you name it now how you read my post, what tone you read me sounding like, and whether you feel I was somehow sarcastic is really more of "your" mind working on it lol.

I find this is a common problem online since I'm not speaking the words and thus can't use a gentle soft tone like I normally use when I talk to people you can think I sound like however you want lol to you the same words may be someone yelling lol.

Which means all I can do is tell you to not think that's how I talk ^.^ i'll add more smileys on my end I love smileys lol.
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 7:43AM
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most the quests won't reset, but I think the ones that have an instance special to you do, as Nerevarine pointed out. So the ones that may be likely to reset are going to be Fighter/Mage guild quests when you get to the portion instanced to yourself, and the main story quest.

I'm not totally sure on that as I've never logged out in the middle of any of those, but that would be my best guess. You only get one of each of the three every five levels though. So the large majority of quests shouldn't behave that way.
    Edited by Lalai on May 1, 2014 7:37AM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This raises another issue, the next main quest part where you rescue the general who switch side I found 3 style books, had I known about this I might have logged off to do it again in hope of more
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    I cant bothered re-doing quests just because I can't finish them in one go,

If you can't be bothered with a 15-20 min quest then you won't survive questing in general, repeating dungeons for loot, etc. If your interest is gonna wane so incredibly fast then you should not be wasting your precious time with MMOs.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild