The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low xp for veterans in PVP.

mareemreeeb17_ESO
I was wondering if whats up with the VR point rewards in Cyrodiil. It would literally take ages to get to VR 10 now, because i get like 4-5 VR points / kill, and 0 for healing. For capturing keeps its not much either, i get like 200 vr xp for a capture. Tonight 3-4 hours of play with a good guild grp rewarded me with 2% xp.. I know if i kill someone in 1v1 its good xp, but since there is like no 1v1 in this game, its nonsense. I heard that in the next patch they will double the vr xp for kills, well then i'll get 8-10 points per kill, nice.. Something should be done about this, or many ppl who only wants to do pvp will leave the game.

'Go play PVE' is not an option, im not interested in questing or grinding zombies now.

Moderator Edit: Changed Thread Title
Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 30, 2014 11:43PM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!

Enjoy your break from the forums! You will most likely get one for circumventing the swear filter in your thread title.
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    many ppl who only wants to do pvp will leave the game.

'Go play PVE' is not an option, im not interested in questing or grinding zombies now.

This isn't a new development. People under 50 dont' get XP in PVP either. It isn't just a Veteran problem.

If PVE didn't give experience and 3 or 4 patches rolled out that didn't even mention it, how many PVE players you think would still be around to complain this far in?

An entire playerbase worth of pvpers have already bought this game expecting to just play in Cyrodiil and have fun pvping, found out they are required to PVE in this game before they can PVP well, and quit.

This is just the way it is. ESO requires us to quest and there is little outcry from the community on any topic that isn't related to AOEs and vampires.

I have to add though. I personally think this aspect of the game is damaging to the game overall. Having only 1 viable path to progression can cause a lot of burnout in players of all types.
    Edited by Ramanadjinn on May 1, 2014 1:29AM
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid pvping for 2 weeks with just daily kill quests and the odd scout quest and I've almost gone from vr5 to vr6. Could do that in a day or two pve ing but I don't want to, especially with bugged quests. Sort it out !
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well can say if its to easy then not worth doing look at eve 26 years to max out every skill
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if whats up with the VR point rewards in Cyrodiil. It would literally take ages to get to VR 10 now, because i get like 4-5 VR points / kill, and 0 for healing. For capturing keeps its not much either, i get like 200 vr xp for a capture. Tonight 3-4 hours of play with a good guild grp rewarded me with 2% xp.. I know if i kill someone in 1v1 its good xp, but since there is like no 1v1 in this game, its nonsense. I heard that in the next patch they will double the vr xp for kills, well then i'll get 8-10 points per kill, nice.. Something should be done about this, or many ppl who only wants to do pvp will leave the game.

We did 7 hours of PVP this night, got 200 -300k exp, I am a Vet 3 healer... so you are just encountering a bug I think
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're about to double PvP experience, but it probably needs to be doubled yet again.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XP for players kills has been more than doubled in the next patch. I've tested in on the PTS.

Its nice. :D
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU