The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Working (?) NB builds in VR

ArRashid
ArRashid
✭✭✭✭
Angry Mosquito
For those who like shifting in and out of sight before the enemy can react to their presence..

- vampire (for a usable ultimate that won't get you killed - I'm looking at you, Soul Strike!)
- full light (your stealthy attitude makes you defense capped almost 100% time anyway)
- full Warlock is a must (all abilities are magicka heavy)
- full Magicka Furnace is really helpful too (although you do NOT want to be hit anyway)
- ranged weapon (Inferno Destruction staff would be probably better than bow or resto staff, as Fire Elemental Ring provides great AoE)

esobuild.com/?MwbgbCAsIGYHQCYFzsARiArDAXGOAhgQAzFqEEDGxwOAjMRScfRZTsIgo3Utx3EikKkfnTgxKIJJQCcAdkzjgmOQA4AJgTiNiQA=

1. Elemental Ring/Pulsar (whichever you prefer)
2. Shadowy Disguise
3. Surprise Attack (both morphs are equally useless, so pick whatever)
4. Volcanic Rune
5. Funnel Health
R. Clouding Swarm

Shadowy disguise is the core ability
- gives you Armor and Resist cap for 4 seconds after you use it - 3 seconds of near-immortality followed by 4 seconds of capped defenses
- makes Surprise Attack guaranteed crit (not worth much since it crits like wet noodle anyway)

Funnel Heath essentially gives you 8% max magicka and a medium self (or even group) heal. IF you feel like Rambo and don't think you need healing (which is tad *** in VR), use Power Extraction instead for MASSIVE boost to weapon damage (that is ultimately only used for Elemental Ring though)

Elemental Ring provides some mediocre AoE damage you so sorely need as Nightblade, although as you'll want to cast it more often than every 10 seconds, you can as well pick Pulsar instead.

Volcanic Rune is the only CC NBs have access to, and even has fairly tolerable magicka cost. It has small radius so precise aiming is required - leaving a mob or two out will make you take unnecessary (and probably lethal) damage. Better run for caster and let melees follow you there - Shadowy Disguise will shake off any projectiles you collected while running.

Clouding Swarm just enables you to go on PewPew for 5 seconds without fear of anything worse than light attack hitting you, as you'll vanish out of sight each time you use any ability for the duration. Also makes you defense capped for the whole duration and following 4 seconds, which is always nice.

Initiate with Volcanic Rune from medium distance while running towards a pack. Use Elemental Ring as soon as you reach them - Volcanic rune should have just launched them up. Charge heavy attack on highest priority target (fire mage above all other since you are vampire) and as soon as you release, use another Elemental Ring. By now mobs are not stunned anymore, so cast another Volcanic rune just before you hit Shadowy Disguise. Use Surprise Attack on the highest priority target immediately followed by another Elemental Ring and Volcanic Rune... and repeat and repeat and repeat till you finally bring them down.

Warlock set bonus paired with Magicka Furnace set should provide you with a lot of magicka, although I do not advise pulling another pack while Warlock is on CD. RUNNING OUT OF MAGICKA MEANS YOU DIE.. in matter of about 1 second.

Both Shadowy Disguise and Surprise Attack are bugged right now and have high chance to fail - Shadowy Disguise won't stealth you and Surprise attack won't put target off balance from stealth - both can be fatal if you don't notice it immediately.
Edited by ArRashid on April 30, 2014 10:44PM
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    I run double destruction staffs. Build out 1 is single target 2 is aoe. Single target: swallow soul, cripple, destructive reach, inner light, and impale. Soul assault for the ultimate. Aoe swallow soul, ring of elements, unstoppable, drain power and I forget last one. Soul tether for ultimate. I wreck most encounters, solo world bosses. Hold block while spamming aoe. Stats all health enchanted all magika. 5/2 light/heavy.
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    The siphon ability for Stam/magika is my 5th ability