The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A couple things to address in the next patch (IMO)

Prizz
Prizz
Soul Shriven
1. If you skip the tutorial you get a choice of 3 weapons. A greatsword, a bow, and a one hand sword. So if you plan on being a staff user you are screwed. (*) This should be fixed by offering the full assortment of weapons available to you if you were to go through the tutorial.
:o 2. Resetting your skill points needs a complete overhaul or significant price reduction or both. So if you like searching out the skyshards for the additional skill points you get totally screwed via how much it costs per skill point used. 100g per point? wtf? My 1st experience cost me 3200g, it completely wiped out all my gold. I can't tell you how to fix it but unless you know exactly what you want to do with a character down to the last point you literally have to bankrupt your account in order to try different things. :o 2a. Say you want to change 1 thing, this will cost you the full amount because you have to reset every point to make the change. :) 2b. This would be awesome to implement> When resetting your points it would be nice to not have them "set permanently" until you are done placing points, so that you can go back and make changes if need be. Maybe have a confirmation box at the end confirming your choices. I've actually done this where I get like 20 points in and mis-click then have to spend 2k to reset again and hope I get it right. I don't buy gold so it's not like I have an infinite amount ya know.
:'( 3. Pre-Ordered / Collector Edition items: I spent the extra money during the beta to pre-order the CE version of the game. I assumed that the items I was to receive would be delivered to all my characters, I assumed wrong! Anyone else out there feel ripped off? I accidentally deleted a character that I had opened my mail on, again assuming that my mail was character based and not account based, and now I no longer have my CE maps and a number of other pre-order items. Does anyone else think that you should get these items on all characters you create? Also, the pets would be nice to have on all toons. I should not have to take up the limited bank space for pets to hang out in either. These items should be in a different tab all together, or be available in the stable or something.
:| 4. Bank: Depending on how many characters you have this gets filled quickly! Almost my entire bank is filled with crafting mats. It would be awesome if 4a: you had separate tabs like you have in you inventory instead of one giant list. 4b: There was a search ability. 4c: It did not cost an arm and a leg to upgrade. 4d: Maybe have character bank and an account bank, at least this way I could funnel all my provisioning mats to one character and all my woodworking mats to another, etc.
:| 5. Guild Stores: It would be nice if the search ability actually worked. I try to search for blue items and nothing comes up. I search for all items and greens, blues, purples, etc. come up. 5a: A search box so I can type in a key word like recipe or armor or crest or whatever. I waste so much time searching through the "all" list because the other ones do not work. 5b: Sort by cost/level/rarity hi/low.
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    1. Screwed is a bit too much. You can get the weapon that you need from merchant in the city, where you start of you can craft it yourself. Besides, there's no full selection of weapons in Coldharbour starter quest itself.
    2. The price is totally reasonable, resetting is not meant to be a regular thing and spending a few thousand gold even once every 10 levels is not too costly IMO. You can use one of many skill calculators before assigning points so that you can fiddle with them as much as you want.
    3. There is/was a big warning to ensure there are no CE items on your character if you decide to delete it. It's just like walking past the sign saying 'DANGER: Cliff edge' and eventually falling off the cliff. No one can help you if you decide to ignore warnings.
    4. Sort of agree, but then again, once I pulled through initial grief of bank space being too small, I'm actually having fun now with micromanaging of bag/bank space. I'm weird like that. :smiley:
    Edited by pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO on April 30, 2014 11:55PM
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. The price is totally reasonable, resetting is not meant to be a regular thing and spending a few thousand gold even once every 10 levels is not too costly IMO. You can use one of many skill calculators before assigning points so that you can fiddle with them as much as you want.

A skill calculator is never going to let you know how the game play feels, if you like how these skills or weapons work. A bare skill description is no where near how it feels in game, especially paired with other abilities.

Even if it could, what new player is going to shop around for an external website, and plan out a build on a new game before placing any points.
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Besides, there's no full selection of weapons in Coldharbour starter quest itself.

There used to be one though. I have no idea why they've gradually reduced weapon variety for newbies.

• Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Prizz wrote: »
    1. If you skip the tutorial you get a choice of 3 weapons. A greatsword, a bow, and a one hand sword. So if you plan on being a staff user you are screwed. (*) This should be fixed by offering the full assortment of weapons available to you if you were to go through the tutorial.
    :o 2. Resetting your skill points needs a complete overhaul or significant price reduction or both. So if you like searching out the skyshards for the additional skill points you get totally screwed via how much it costs per skill point used. 100g per point? wtf? My 1st experience cost me 3200g, it completely wiped out all my gold. I can't tell you how to fix it but unless you know exactly what you want to do with a character down to the last point you literally have to bankrupt your account in order to try different things. :o 2a. Say you want to change 1 thing, this will cost you the full amount because you have to reset every point to make the change. :) 2b. This would be awesome to implement> When resetting your points it would be nice to not have them "set permanently" until you are done placing points, so that you can go back and make changes if need be. Maybe have a confirmation box at the end confirming your choices. I've actually done this where I get like 20 points in and mis-click then have to spend 2k to reset again and hope I get it right. I don't buy gold so it's not like I have an infinite amount ya know.
    :'( 3. Pre-Ordered / Collector Edition items: I spent the extra money during the beta to pre-order the CE version of the game. I assumed that the items I was to receive would be delivered to all my characters, I assumed wrong! Anyone else out there feel ripped off? I accidentally deleted a character that I had opened my mail on, again assuming that my mail was character based and not account based, and now I no longer have my CE maps and a number of other pre-order items. Does anyone else think that you should get these items on all characters you create? Also, the pets would be nice to have on all toons. I should not have to take up the limited bank space for pets to hang out in either. These items should be in a different tab all together, or be available in the stable or something.
    :| 4. Bank: Depending on how many characters you have this gets filled quickly! Almost my entire bank is filled with crafting mats. It would be awesome if 4a: you had separate tabs like you have in you inventory instead of one giant list. 4b: There was a search ability. 4c: It did not cost an arm and a leg to upgrade. 4d: Maybe have character bank and an account bank, at least this way I could funnel all my provisioning mats to one character and all my woodworking mats to another, etc.
    :| 5. Guild Stores: It would be nice if the search ability actually worked. I try to search for blue items and nothing comes up. I search for all items and greens, blues, purples, etc. come up. 5a: A search box so I can type in a key word like recipe or armor or crest or whatever. I waste so much time searching through the "all" list because the other ones do not work. 5b: Sort by cost/level/rarity hi/low.

Didnt read LOL

You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    1. Yes, that is good point
    2. You had to be very low level - 3200g? I already spent 40000g on horse, and I think the same on additional bag/bank space. Later I actually have nothing to do with gold. You simply want game not to have option (your second proposal means everybody would left one skill point unused and could reset at any time).
    I have never done points reset yet, so I got no idea how morphed skills work - this is actually only one point that requires decision - there is so many skill points that you can choose whatever you need and still have few more.
    3. Agreed, Vanity items could have indeed separate tab and not included in bag/bank space. If you deleted these items before ZOS placed warning then probably you can ask for return.
    4. Yea, infinite bank, infinite bag space, best loot and weak bosses. That all we want.
    5. Then again 100% agreed.
    Taid wrote: »
    Didnt read LOL

Then don't comment...
    Seraseth wrote: »
    A skill calculator is never going to let you know how the game play feels, if you like how these skills or weapons work. A bare skill description is no where near how it feels in game, especially paired with other abilities.

Even if it could, what new player is going to shop around for an external website, and plan out a build on a new game before placing any points.

I agree but what do you suggest in terms of reskilling? Re-assign points, then run around for a couple days to see how the new build feels and then, if you're not pleased, re-assign them again for free? That seems totally reasonable :lol:

• Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 sides however about resetting your skill points. First thing is that there are 300 skill points in total in the game when all is accounted for. This means that you can afford a couple of screw ups, though, it is a bit hard on lower levels if that messes up your levelling build.

There can however be a middle way. You could say that once every month you get the option to clean up a bit on your skill points, allowing you to purchase a kit that refunds 50 or so skill points, and can be used once every month (that is, 1 month cool down). The price could then be 5000 gold which is quite reasonable and easily obtainable. 50 points should cower what ever mess you made, and if you have more than 50 point mess to clean, well, then I'd suggest a read on Teso elite before you venture on :)

In terms of deleting items, sorry but that's just an oversight of you. If you delete a character and doesn't check for valuables to store in the bank, it's more your fault than the system's fault.

Bank wise, I haven't had that much of a problem with that, you just have to be selective about what you pick up and take on. I've chosen woodcrafting and clothing to start with, and haven't managed to fill my bank yet. And, you can have up to 8 characters, so if you have 1 main character and 7 bank alts, you'll get 420 extra slots. But your best option is to be a bit more selective in what you pick up and keep. You won't get far by focusing on all professions anyway so best bet is, select a couple and run with it. I have 110 item slots on my character and 90 on my bank, and I normally run on 30 item slots filled on my character and 70 or so filled on the bank. And those are mostly crafting supplies and loads of gems. So I don't think it's that much of an issue in the bank in terms of space, you just have to be selective. The bank works like a restriction as well as the skills, you're not suppose to be able to have all professions that easily, so, be selective. Have to be anyway in terms of skill points and what to spend them on so it's good practice. Prices on expanding your bank and inventory isn't that unreasonable either. For your inventory, just invest around 10 points on your horse and there you have 10 extra inventory slots.

For the guild store, yes, a search option would be highly beneficial. It would be a middle ground, don't need an AH but at least give us search options on the trade guilds we have :)
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    3. It is pretty weird that you only get the maps on the first character or so. I thought you'd get it on every character you made. Also weird that you cant put the maps you do have into the bank so your alts on the other sides can't access them.
    3. It is pretty weird that you only get the maps on the first character or so. I thought you'd get it on every character you made. Also weird that you cant put the maps you do have into the bank so your alts on the other sides can't access them.

How come? You can easily put all the maps that you want into the bank if you take them out of the box.

• cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How come? You can easily put all the maps that you want into the bank if you take them out of the box.

It doesn't let me put any of my map boxes into the box with the exception of the Cold harbour one. I have an AD toon with all 3 faction maps and everytime I try to drop the Pact or Covenant maps into the bank it says "Not allowed to do that right now"
    Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on May 1, 2014 2:46AM
    It doesn't let me put any of my map boxes into the box with the exception of the Cold harbour one. I have an AD toon with all 3 faction maps and everytime I try to drop the Pact or Covenant maps into the bank it says "Not allowed to do that right now"

Not the boxes. 'Unzip' your boxes and put maps in the bank for the other toon to withdraw.

• cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Not the boxes. 'Unzip' your boxes and put maps in the bank for the other toon to withdraw.

Oh cool. Thanks.

But arggh! Something else to eat bank slots.
    Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on May 1, 2014 3:04AM
    Oh cool. Thanks.

But arggh! Something else to eat bank slots.

I feel your pain. When I started I've done a stupid thing by opening all of the boxes. Still not sure why I did it. So much space wasted until I created a special mule for maps and trophies :smile:

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to respond to 2 (because the others have all been beaten to death): No.

The respec cost is just fine, and you have no reason to be respeccing so early and so often. The game offers you over 300 skill points to invest, which means that you can max out at least 2-3 crafting trees and still invest the majority of your points in combat skills. A respec should be a significant choice, and you should not be doing it every few levels just for funzies.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see them add to the skip tutorial option, the option to go directly to the starter island. 3 choices instead of 2 shouldn't be that hard.

1 Do Tutorial
    2 Skip Tutorial to Starter Island
    3 Skip Tutorial and Starter Island

Or just take us to the starter island and allow us to move on from there. It just makes more sense (especially following the actual storyline) to start on the starter island. They're always like oh, we fished you out of the water, and I'm like huh, how did that happen when I took a ship?
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I'm still miffed that they took out the fully stocked table at all. If you've been in the beta, you remember the weekends where ALL you got was a sword? Ugh. >:(

I wasn't aware they give you a choice if you skip now. That's nice, instead of pigeon-holing you into one. Still no way to get a restoration staff in either method, though. Grind those Flame Atronachs, potential healers! GRIND!

2. This is meant to be a gold sink and not something you do lightly. I agree it kind of stinks, but if you're really spending enough on this that it's seriously causing problems, you're probably respecing too much. Hit up some third-party guides and look for a build you'll want to stick with. I agree that the ability to just change one or two things at a time instead of wiping the whole slate would be nice, but that's not the method the devs chose and it's just something we have to adjust to.

You know, by never making a mistake on your build. :lol:

3. This was a huge problem during Early Access, as people made their first characters just to hold names they liked then deleted them. They have put multiple warnings in the game AND on the forum to not delete your first character if you have any bonus items on them.

That said, you can email the support team at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask and state your case, and they might be able to work with you to get the items back.

Different tabs for vanity items would be nice. Pets, trophies, and costumes are a lot of fun to collect, but not worth transferring to a bank alt every time.

4. The account bank is both a blessing and a curse... it lets you pool everything so you're not constantly mailing between characters (as I've done in other MMOs), but that pool can get REALLY big. I use my bank solely for crafting mats, and my characters get to carry anything else they want to keep. Because I hate fiddling with bank mule alts with a vengeance.

Between the bank and the small hotbar, it seems like fiddly resource management is part of the game design. The best thing to do seems to be to upgrade your bag and bank when you can and try to quell those pesky pack-rat tendencies.

It's not easy. This I know from experience. :(
    Edited by BlackSparrow on May 1, 2014 1:41PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of all the "special" stuff that was not thought out well - I think the maps take the cake. For farks sake ... considering all the stupid holes in the system and they are worried about map transfers. Hell, if you aren't careful and unpack all your maps you are really hosed.
  • Prizz
    Prizz
    Soul Shriven
    1. Screwed is a bit too much. You can get the weapon that you need from merchant in the city, where you start of you can craft it yourself. Besides, there's no full selection of weapons in Coldharbour starter quest itself.
    Why should I level up a 2 handed using the starter greatsword when what I want to be leveling is Restoration staff? =screwed. When I get into town I sell my Soul shriven armor for 4g, I buy a horse for 1g which leaves me 3g to buy a restoration staff? what vendor sells one for 3g? Keep in mind a noob fresh off the boat no money.
    There is/was a big warning to ensure there are no CE items on your character if you decide to delete it. It's just like walking past the sign saying 'DANGER: Cliff edge' and eventually falling off the cliff. No one can help you if you decide to ignore warnings.
    There was not a big warning at the time this happened. I put in a ticket and the only thing I got was the Imgakin pet back. I want all my pets back and my CE maps. If they can restore the Imgakin they should be able to restore the other items as well.
    Sort of agree, but then again, once I pulled through initial grief of bank space being too small, I'm actually having fun now with micromanaging of bag/bank space. I'm weird like that. :smiley:
    You may be weird for liking to micro manage things, most people like myself are not. I'm the type of person that likes to have a person for each type of crafting so that I can be versatile and provide my guild and other characters with all sorts of items and abilities. So this means that unless I want to spend thousands upon thousands of gold to hold every type of crafting mat available funneling from all characters into one bank, I am kinda screwed since I flat out cannot afford it. I'm up to the next upgrade that will cost just under 7k, after having to reset my skills twice on one toon costing me over 12k I am so broke I cant upgrade unless I bankrupt all my other characters for 10 slots.
    Selstad wrote: »
    Bank wise, I haven't had that much of a problem with that, you just have to be selective about what you pick up and take on. I've chosen woodcrafting and clothing to start with, and haven't managed to fill my bank yet. And, you can have up to 8 characters, so if you have 1 main character and 7 bank alts, you'll get 420 extra slots.
    1. Try Provisioning. There are SO many ingredients available. Not like 5 types of wood or cloth or metal, hundreds of ingredients. That is what fills my bank. Put in crafting banks/bags or something. 2. Who makes just 1 character to level all the way up and 7 banks slots? Where is the fun/variety in that? This is a new game, I want to try different builds and not burn out on just one guy.
    Taid wrote: »
    Didnt read LOL
    Then don't comment...
    Couldn't have said that any better myself.
    Seraseth wrote: »
    A skill calculator is never going to let you know how the game play feels, if you like how these skills or weapons work. A bare skill description is no where near how it feels in game, especially paired with other abilities. Even if it could, what new player is going to shop around for an external website, and plan out a build on a new game before placing any points.
    I agree but what do you suggest in terms of reskilling? Re-assign points, then run around for a couple days to see how the new build feels and then, if you're not pleased, re-assign them again for free? That seems totally reasonable :lol:
    All I am saying is that as you level you may want to try new things. Go off on a new path. I can't see why there isn't a flat rate for this like 5000g or maybe scaled per character level like 5k for up to level 20 then 10k for up to 40 etc. Basically it gives the player zero options for wanting to know if a certain ability is going to work with their play style. Say you morph an ability then was like damn I wonder if it would have been better if I morphed it the other way.
    The respec cost is just fine, and you have no reason to be respeccing so early and so often. The game offers you over 300 skill points to invest, which means that you can max out at least 2-3 crafting trees and still invest the majority of your points in combat skills. A respec should be a significant choice, and you should not be doing it every few levels just for funzies.
    So you're saying that if you have 250 points you are completely cool with paying 25000g if you decide you want to change your profession, or you want to change your weapon class or just a point into something else. Then after you make this change you realize that this is just not going to work for you, you are cool with paying that much again because there is NO option to just change out certain points? I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of money, I'm not a gold farmer.
    Selstad wrote: »
    There are 2 sides however about resetting your skill points. First thing is that there are 300 skill points in total in the game when all is accounted for. This means that you can afford a couple of screw ups, though, it is a bit hard on lower levels if that messes up your levelling build.
    By the time I get 300 points I'm sure I won't need to respec at that point. I was referring more as you level vs. end game stats.
    jpp wrote: »
    2. You had to be very low level - 3200g? I already spent 40000g on horse, and I think the same on additional bag/bank space. Later I actually have nothing to do with gold. You simply want game not to have option (your second proposal means everybody would left one skill point unused and could reset at any time). I have never done points reset yet, so I got no idea how morphed skills work - this is actually only one point that requires decision - there is so many skill points that you can choose whatever you need and still have few more.
    1. Until you have actually done something, don't comment on it like you know what I'm talking about. 2. Granted that yes there are 300 points in the game, I'm talking about as you level not overall. 3. Allowing you to confirm your choices and/or you have points left over. I'm not saying you can reset at any time if you have points left over. Say you have 100 points to use and you only spend 90, have a box confirm you are spending the 90 and lock them in once you get them where they need to be. Then, you can spend the other 10 when you want which would then pop up a box to confirm your choice again to make sure you put it where it intended to go. If you reset again you pay 5000g and reset as many as you want, confirm the choices etc. I'd like to see at least options instead of having to reset all at the same time and every time you place a point it locks in when you place it. If you are spending the gold to reset 1 point or 100 you should have the option of exactly which ones you want to reset instead of it being all or nothing.

I'm here to play and have fun, I'm not here to do it as a profession. Getting stuck into a skill line that doesn't fit the character or my play style is not fun. If I am constantly broke because I have to pay a ridiculous fee to try something new it's is eventually going to make me just leave the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.