The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quests are much higher level?

drews14
drews14
I'm not new to elder scrolls or MMO's. I was in a top 10 world raiding guild in WoW and played Skyrim through all the dlc's ect. My problem is i'm level 8 and all the quests i have are level 11? I'm stuck right now because the quest I have at the end is a boss fight and all he does is just 2 hit me even while blocking. I spent my talent point in stuff I would need later because I didnt think i would have a problem fighting things at lower level. I have gone back and searched for over a hour for a quest line I might have missed and have had no luck with it yet. Is it supposed to be like this cause i've fought this boss 20+ times now and all I can do is kill 2 of the 3 and the 3rd just 2 hits me by the time i get to him. Any suggestions?
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    Did you go to the starting Island?
    Personally never had an issue finding quests, just look on your map for points of interest such as structures, random pathways & just things that look like something will be going on there.
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    When you open your map, do you see blank expanses of space? For me, that was the best way to tell I had not yet finished exploring or finding quests and events in a zone. When you've finished a zone, that map should be pretty much covered with icons indicating things you've done and found.

Also, as the poster before me pointed out, the starting zones are key to getting off on the right foot. If you didn't do them, then you've started out under-levelled and that will be hard to make up unless you grind until you're caught up.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people miss the starting islands and end up under leveled for the content. It was such a bad idea to start players on the main city. They should have started on the newbie islands with the option to skip them. The stories are also messed up, had 3 different people tell me they saved me in EP :p

If you didn't go back to the starting islands, I'd definitely suggest it. I was level 8 leaving those islands on all 3 factions.