The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bosses in the new patch

Dbetz007
Dbetz007
Okay here is my query into the new patch and bosses. First how long is the timer? Secondly is this timer affect ALL bosses or just the one you kill. The reason I ask is that I killed one boss in the overworld and went to another boss and killed it (two separate mobs) within a 15 min time period... Yet I got no loot from the second boss.. Kinda lame if they are all on the same timer or even two different timers. IMO each boss should be on its own timer. If anyone has the info on this I would appreciate it
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the patch notes said across all bosses
  • Dbetz007
    Dbetz007
    Thats pretty lame especially with dungeons that have more than one boss mob..
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lame doesn't begin to describe it. I think it's time for me to take a break from the forums before I blow a gasket. Amateurs, ZOS... Start listening to the average player not guilds and people that have been testing and exploiting your game right under your noses.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this nerf an attempt to get rid of all the gold sellers bots farming these mobs?

And if it was, I have a question: How is it that Tera has no bots and no gold sellers?? Way, way back at launch you saw one or two but then nothing...not a one.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each bot needs to buy the game and a subscription right?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a dungeon that had 3 bosses, each boss dropped a blue on the first kill. Went around a second time to help a mate and each boss dropped a green.

The change does not look that bad, unless you are sitting at one boss trying to get a specific drop, as that will not be doable now.

About to form a world boss group and will see how the loot looks after killing all world bosses in one zone.
    Edited by Natjur on April 30, 2014 8:28PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure if it is just a flat timer or what. Or once you have killed so many you get a timer, or if it is buggy. The gf and i have had no problem getting loots, and have killed several boss types 3-4 times in a row on respawn.
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    Tera has active GM's that monitor chat and use email "honey pots" to block spammer accounts. As it's free to play now I have no idea how they are so effective at it that you literally never see it. Maybe since they are based out of a country with really low minimum wage they can hire fairly large teams to do this.
    I think that just limiting the loot you get from the same boss on the same character would have been much more effective and less annoying. Meaning you get one shot at a each bosses loot table.
    What will happen now is the bots will just log in, kill and loot the boss, then log a different bot in, repeat. If they put a delay between each of their 8 bots on the account it will achieve the same damn thing.

Honestly though something needed to be done here, and I am glad they pulled the trigger on it.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khandi wrote: »
    I have a question: How is it that Tera has no bots and no gold sellers?? Way, way back at launch you saw one or two but then nothing...not a one.

Bots and gold sellers are only in games where they can make more money buying\stealing an account, farming gold and selling it for real money. If its too hard, they move on.

If a game is harder to make real money this way then another game, they move on to the 'next' game. Some games have more exploits open then others, and all new game have lots of exploits until the dev's fix them. The bots\farmer are trying to make real cash (by selling gold) as fast as possible before the market is flooded.

Once the gold buyers have a good horse and max bag\bank space they stop buying and the gold sellers move on.

So for every anti-bot, anti-farming code that gets added, its harder for the bots to make money and at some point they move on to the next game to make cash.
    Edited by Natjur on April 30, 2014 8:33PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this nerf an attempt to get rid of all the gold sellers bots farming these mobs?

And if it was, I have a question: How is it that Tera has no bots and no gold sellers?? Way, way back at launch you saw one or two but then nothing...not a one.

A quick google search did show me there are tera gold sellers out there. Now if they are spamming you in game or not is something else. And if they have gold sellers they probably are not getting gold just playing the game, but probably from bots.

Or maybe they only have 1 bot and it can generate enough gold for the 3 people still playing Tera! I kid, i kid! I really liked Tera. Don't play it anymore but it was fun.
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭

A quick google search did show me there are tera gold sellers out there. Now if they are spamming you in game or not is something else. And if they have gold sellers they probably are not getting gold just playing the game, but probably from bots.

Or maybe they only have 1 bot and it can generate enough gold for the 3 people still playing Tera! I kid, i kid! I really liked Tera. Don't play it anymore but it was fun.

Yes I enjoyed it as well. I don't play it anymore either since ESO. Maybe the combat system made it harder.

Thanks for the answer :)
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danarchist wrote: »
    Tera has active GM's that monitor chat and use email "honey pots" to block spammer accounts. As it's free to play now I have no idea how they are so effective at it that you literally never see it. Maybe since they are based out of a country with really low minimum wage they can hire fairly large teams to do this.
    I think that just limiting the loot you get from the same boss on the same character would have been much more effective and less annoying. Meaning you get one shot at a each bosses loot table.
    What will happen now is the bots will just log in, kill and loot the boss, then log a different bot in, repeat. If they put a delay between each of their 8 bots on the account it will achieve the same damn thing.

Honestly though something needed to be done here, and I am glad they pulled the trigger on it.

I have only played TERA as f2p, but if you have an in game shop the gold sellers would compete with it and therefore take money away directly from the publisher. They have a way higher interest to stop gold selling behind their back.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERA also pretty much flopped in the west straight from day one and had already gone F2P back home before the International release. It didn't generate enough sales or subs to attract many gold sellers
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Lame doesn't begin to describe it. I think it's time for me to take a break from the forums before I blow a gasket. Amateurs, ZOS... Start listening to the average player not guilds and people that have been testing and exploiting your game right under your noses.

It was the "average" player that asked for something to be done about the bots that were farming those bosses.

This was that something.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Each bot needs to buy the game and a subscription right?

When they aren't using a compromised account, sure. Then they just use stolen credit cards. Now, repeat after me:

Developers do not make money on gold-sellers.
    ----
    Murray?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add to the confusion, the timer isn't supposed to affect world bosses at all, only the dungeon bosses. I've killed word bosses and gotten nothing before. It sucks, but it might not have anything to do with the timer.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Dbetz007 wrote: »
    Thats pretty lame especially with dungeons that have more than one boss mob..

Blame the Gold Sellers AND the people purchasing from them!
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Dbetz007
    Dbetz007
    Oh I do blame gold sellers for this crap but this I think was a knee jerk and somewhat lazy reaction from the devs. Putting a single timer on all bosses is meh I usually don't see to many trying to camp overworld bosses they are far more powerful than the dungeon bosses and would most likely own bots. The solo dungeon bosses were the issue.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had to wait about 5 mins between kills before I could get loot again