The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

thanks carebears and zergers.....

cjtignub17_ESO
cjtignub17_ESO
✭✭✭
U guys cry that abilities like impulse, bat swarm, and dark talons are OP. So the GMs nerf all of them by capping aoes and u still are crying.

This id why its best they just ignore the carebears that dont understand how to pvp against aoes. We r all being penalized bc of the noobs that sit in a zerg and die to aoes and then cry about it bc they suck in pvp and actually die to impulse spam... great job guys keep crying pretty soon they will remove all aoes from the game if u keep this up. Lets make zerg mentality stronger.... zzzzzzzz

Now we r seeing lots of people from top pvp guilds quitting thr game.. awesome lets reward babies who dont get group pvp and scream I dont wana use rapid maneuvers bc it costs to much stamina to break dark talons please just nerf the entire ability and all other aoes...
Edited by cjtignub17_ESO on April 30, 2014 4:19PM
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Well skills are broken, not many people come on the forums and read up on it.

And those that do are seeing the massive amount of posts from others that don't know that skills are broken.
    So you get the "nerf everything rawr" threads.

The aoe skill cap details can be seen here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89420/area-of-effect-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification/p1

Just to make sure this thread doesn't go the route of stupid.
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need a Zenimax Moist Towelette™?
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    @cjtignub17_ESO‌

Um, hello, I am a Carebear and you are incorrect in your usage of the term. Carebear is a noun which means person who does not participate in, or support, PVP.

Whatever you believe it to mean, it does not apply to your message. As you are clearly ranting on the subject which pertains exclusively to PVP, you are ranting using the wrong term. Please review and revise your statement to use accurate terminology.

BTW, I believe Zerg also means to assemble an army and strike your opponent in the swiftest possible manner so as to catch them unprepared. So you might also be using the term Zerg incorrectly too. :)
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Eldrenath
    Eldrenath
    ✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »

You didn't notice it had already done so in the OP?

• Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, so if all the elite PvP'rs leave, then we can have Carebear Chaos as they might attempt a gank or two.
    Edited by Tarwin on April 30, 2014 4:45PM
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    U guys cry that abilities like impulse, bat swarm, and dark talons are OP. So the GMs nerf all of them by capping aoes and u still are crying.

This id why its best they just ignore the carebears that dont understand how to pvp against aoes. We r all being penalized bc of the noobs that sit in a zerg and die to aoes and then cry about it bc they suck in pvp and actually die to impulse spam... great job guys keep crying pretty soon they will remove all aoes from the game if u keep this up. Lets make zerg mentality stronger.... zzzzzzzz

Now we r seeing lots of people from top pvp guilds quitting thr game.. awesome lets reward babies who dont get group pvp and scream I dont wana use rapid maneuvers bc it costs to much stamina to break dark talons please just nerf the entire ability and all other aoes...

Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.
    - Chuck Norris

It is interesting that the changes are due to PVP complaints, and the OP blames "Carebears" that do not PVP.
    "Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    AOE always had a cap on it for most skills, stop blaming players for your lack of knowledge.
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    crying-troll-face-300x298.jpg

• PacifistCC
    Even if AOE had a cap, than it was a bad idea to begin with.

But life tap is a worse idea, AOE life tap is an even worse idea, AOE life tap while running is the worst idea ever.

All of it can be fixed, by introducing proper mechanics and not a cap that does introduces the so called "turtling".

As for carebears, they do PvP, in their own carebear way, trying to impose their way as the only one as much as the wannabe leet dudes like the OP.

We should leave put the stereotyped thinking aside and focus on the problem.

Single man armies are bad and turtles exploiting the AOE cap are bad and we need a solution for both things.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    How the combat system has been designed a max cap for any kind of AOE is just a must.

In a grouped based skills system with player collision it's debatable and some AOE skills could have a no limit. But this isn't the case with TESO combat system so a max cap is a nobrainer.

But what do I know about PvP anyway. I'm just a terribad RvRer.

NERF MAGUS !!!
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    Personally what would be a cool idea is if they gave you a choice you can either have the skill use an AOE with a cap, or give it no cap but make it cost extra resource and reduced returns for every target over the cap.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    oh my a few rattles thrown out of the cage , calm down its a game just like the advert ,
  • largusmeansb16_ESO
    AoE restriction of 6 players will not change how ridiculously OP this is. Fix the real issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZsIDSSGV4
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly are you crying about?
  • Valco
    Valco
    ✭✭
    Eris wrote: »
    @cjtignub17_ESO‌

Um, hello, I am a Carebear and you are incorrect in your usage of the term. Carebear is a noun which means person who does not participate in, or support, PVP.

Whatever you believe it to mean, it does not apply to your message. As you are clearly ranting on the subject which pertains exclusively to PVP, you are ranting using the wrong term. Please review and revise your statement to use accurate terminology.

BTW, I believe Zerg also means to assemble an army and strike your opponent in the swiftest possible manner so as to catch them unprepared. So you might also be using the term Zerg incorrectly too. :)

This just made my day thanks for standing up and posting this!
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    AoE restriction of 6 players will not change how ridiculously OP this is. Fix the real issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZsIDSSGV4

Because batswarm is already capped at 6.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you need a Zenimax Moist Towelette™?

I need one please. My eyes are bleeding after trying to read the original post.

• Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭

This.

Nerf Cost Reduction for ultimates, hell just remove it if you want to. Ultimates should be just that, Ultimate abilities, not fkn passives...

Fix that BS then remove the AoE cap altogether.
  • Vaiku
    Vaiku
    Soul Shriven
    Any player who's quitting because they can't roll in and spam 2 abilities against 40 players by themself, isn't a player I'll ever miss. Or even someone i'd consider a player worth the sand in my pocket.

I like your usage of "top pvp guilds". Sorry, if they can't hold their own without these broken abilities then they weren't any good in PvP anyway.
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭

So what you are saying here is, the top pvp guilds are quitting because some abilities have been adjusted? Real pvp players have actual skill and can work around the adjustments. Top pvp guilds don't rely on broken abilities to be top. The only ones leaving over a simple adjustment are the ones who can't play effectively without broken abilities.

• Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    I'll re-post something from another thread

"""""""""""

It's funny, because most ppl defending some clearly unbalanced mechanics are low skill scrubs who can achieve nothing in well balanced PvP games, like competitive MOBA, RTS, FPS, and the only way for them to shine and self ego stroke is to exploit bugs and use ultra cheese builds after they spend their no-lifer time on grinding stuff and levels or simply buy it for real money.

Some skills are just too good for the cost and some synergies need to be looked upon with skills getting some tweaks here and there. There also needs to be some balancing sweep and leveling magicka and stamina builds in their viability, as currently magicka trumps over stamina with very few crit based exceptions.

"""""""""""""

It's obvious that any GOOD true PvP player with experience in PvP centric games will see discrepancies in certain skills on the 4 dimensions of cost, damage, sustain and risk (includes mobility).

The problem with this game is however that majority of players play mostly PvE content and thus you will never see a really balanced PvP experience or otherwise they would need to also rebalance a large portion of PvE content. (although bosses are already immune to many effects that destroy the PvP part)

a lot of the issues were already pointed out pre-release in closed beta (for example devouring swarm and heal while in mist form), but ZoS did NOTHING to fix it pre-release as their priority was and WILL BE the PvE.

I could write a whole essay on what's wrong with balancing and probably spend a month on strict analysis of skills and skill combinations as well as resource taxing /drains but I am 100% sure that no one in ZoS would even look at it, so what's the point of me wasting my time to do so?

There will be strong combinations, but as long as they will remove the blatantly broken things and find a way to tax heavily certain synergies of skills so they are not spammable to a point of ridiculous, then I will say the game is PvP friendly.
    Edited by Phoenix99 on April 30, 2014 7:45PM
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, it doesn't make sense that the Vamp's ulti being horribly abused/imbalanced leads to a blanket nerf for all AoE. Caps are, imo, a terrible idea. GW2 showed how well that works out....Sweet, man on man on man on man on man on man on man on man stacking on AoE...

Want to know the ultimate exploit for not getting hurt by aoe? DON"T STAND IN THE GIANT RED CIRCLE!!!!! It is an OP exploit the devs don't want you to know about!
  • Chargul
    Chargul
    ✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that started at thread creation.
    LLTS - In Friendship We Conquer
  • Vaiku
    Vaiku
    Soul Shriven
    Except there wasn't a blanket nerf. They simply pointed out how AOE's already worked, and suddenly everyone's freaking out.

I do think the majority of AOE's should not be limited though, at least not to 6 targets.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    Vaiku wrote: »
    Except there wasn't a blanket nerf. They simply pointed out how AOE's already worked, and suddenly everyone's freaking out.

I do think the majority of AOE's should not be limited though, at least not to 6 targets.

I could agree to a cap, but in a different form:

no more than 1-2 (here the balance part comes in) same skills can be stacked on top of each other (for example you can be affected only by one standard, one swarm etc.)

but then the dmg output of AoE needs some scaling, perhaps even have some brackets of dmg (different dmg output if it affects 6<, different when it affects 7-24, and different when it affects 24+), but i imagine this amount of coding could cause serious lags when the server is heavily populated...

While the cap on max target number is not very elegant, it might be the best what we can get without causing performance issues, that lead to lags and crashes. It does not mean I like it though.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the original post physically pained me
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, people arguing against the "cap" need to also understand that the game will then just shift (well actually will remain) into who can spam more AoE DPS and AoE Heals...

unlike for example the AoE from siege, which is largely DoT and can be purged, the AoE from spells is spammable and instant cast. Unlike siege equipment it is not telegraphed so you can easily dodge it, and you realize you can only react to AoEs dmg instead of preventing getting hit by them.

If the AoE skills had cooldowns or resource cost like 90% of the resource pool per cast, to prevent spamming them, then they would be somewhat balanced without cap (the dmg potential of the AoE skill is limited only by the number of targets it affects)

The balancing process is not that simple, but one thing is sure, the current state is not PvP friendly and it does not encourage a large variety of builds, and this NEEDS to change.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    only thing that has ever given me a hard time fight is full health/heavy armor/super defensive tank with some defensive shield thingy going on. can't get the health down :D talons are not that hard to get away from.