The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No account wide mount? WTF

socomhdsb16_ESO
I don't know where to put this at, so if you do feel free to move this.

As you can tell by the title, there is no such thing as account wide mount and its very crucial for people that didn't buy the imperial edition.

So what is up with that? it cost over 17000 gold for a common horse so every time someone who didn't buy the imperial edition creates a new character, has to at least level upward to 20 or more to accumulate enough gold to buy a horse. Its already painful enough with the land so huge and questing take so long from this to that and EVERY SINGLE enemy dropping a single 1 gold.

Why are you forcing people to buy the imperial edition to enjoy the game? this stuff of things put your audience on edge early in the game. I suggest you put horse account wide cause its already lame enough I don't have access to the full game on a pay to play game.
Edited by socomhdsb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 3:57PM
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You DO have access to the full game; the imperial horse is the same as the regular cheaper horse (not the 42k ones). The imperial race is just a skin and misses out on some dialog 'native' species enjoy.

Having a mount account-wide WOULD be nice, I grant you, but I don't see them doing that. They love their money sinks, after all. I believe the base horse (and Imperial) are only +15% run speed anyway, so it's not like a huge increase in speed.

While I'll admit that some of the zones can be large, the Wayshrines are almost depressingly commonplace, so the farthest one would have to run would be to the nearest wayshrine and then boom, you can teleport free to another wayshrine.

Frankly, I've not been pleased with the way they seem to combine everything ELSE into account-wide like the shared bank, and shared guilds and so on. I'd rather they kept characters distinct in ~all~ aspects. But, we have what we have.
  • socomhdsb16_ESO
    You DO have access to the full game; the imperial horse is the same as the regular cheaper horse (not the 42k ones). The imperial race is just a skin and misses out on some dialog 'native' species enjoy.

Having a mount account-wide WOULD be nice, I grant you, but I don't see them doing that. They love their money sinks, after all. I believe the base horse (and Imperial) are only +15% run speed anyway, so it's not like a huge increase in speed.

While I'll admit that some of the zones can be large, the Wayshrines are almost depressingly commonplace, so the farthest one would have to run would be to the nearest wayshrine and then boom, you can teleport free to another wayshrine.

Frankly, I've not been pleased with the way they seem to combine everything ELSE into account-wide like the shared bank, and shared guilds and so on. I'd rather they kept characters distinct in ~all~ aspects. But, we have what we have.

When you can't play the imperial race, it means I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE FULL GAME. So I don't know what part of don't have access to the full game that you don't seem to understand.

• alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    I still have not bought a horse. Just not worth spending the 1g.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , i dont mind the cost , but the problem , is NOT the cost , the problem is the time it takes to lvl said horse.

In my opinion , both mounts AND craft research could be shared , cause it takes you a LOT of time to master those , and i mean a LOT.

To make the last research of any equip tree , it takes (with the time reduc) 24 days , before that you already spend 12 days ... and that is for ONE equip tree , have have tons of them , and can research 3 at a time tops.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I have an imp horse, so obviously can buy for each character. I had assumed a standard horse you buy from the Stable guy could be put into the stable and accessed like a bank?
    Edited by Tarwin on April 30, 2014 4:20PM
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    ugh... "i want a mount but i don't wana work for it" get out of here man...
  • socomhdsb16_ESO
    Tripp3r wrote: »

You don't seem to understand the point of this thread. But if I explain I doubt you'd understand.
    I have an imp horse, so obviously can buy for each character. I had assumed a standard horse you buy from the Stable guy could be put into the stable and accessed like a bank?

I tried it but I don't think you can. Shame oh well.

Edited by socomhdsb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 4:24PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alphawolph wrote: »
    I still have not bought a horse. Just not worth spending the 1g.

To be 100% honest, I only bought the white horse for my main character and I keep forgetting to use it. I didn't get the horse for any of my alts, even though it is only 1g.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    You have access to the full game, you just don't have access to some of the extra perks which was granted to those that bought imperial and/or preordered. Which sadly is how games are now launched.

But you have the exact same storyline and content as everyone else. The only difference is you don't get a horse for 1g but instead get it for 17k gold. You still get a horse and still quest the same as everyone else. Might be a bit slower but same storyline. So you can't say you don't have access to the FULL game. You can pay more and get the 1g horse and Imperial race if you really want to, you just choose not to.

So while I agree that I would like my mounts to be across my account, the current method is fine too.
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »

You don't seem to understand the point of this thread. But if I explain I doubt you'd understand.

Humor me.

• Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    I find I miss to much of the game (surroundings) when riding the horse, I prefer to walk and look behind every rock and stump. I have seen many people ride past chest that was behind something they passed.
    Maybe he/she is used to WOW handing them everything, they forgot how to work for something you want and enjoy the content of the game
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
  • deathly809_ESO
    deathly809_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where to put this at, so if you do feel free to move this.

As you can tell by the title, there is no such thing as account wide mount and its very crucial for people that didn't buy the imperial edition.

So what is up with that? it cost over 17000 gold for a common horse so every time someone who didn't buy the imperial edition creates a new character, has to at least level upward to 20 or more to accumulate enough gold to buy a horse. Its already painful enough with the land so huge and questing take so long from this to that and EVERY SINGLE enemy dropping a single 1 gold.

Why are you forcing people to buy the imperial edition to enjoy the game? this stuff of things put your audience on edge early in the game. I suggest you put horse account wide cause its already lame enough I don't have access to the full game on a pay to play game.

Maybe you should use the Wayshrines then. You don't have to walk everywhere.
  • Trayt
    Trayt
    What game has an account wide mount? That seems kind of easy
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Trayt wrote: »
    What game has an account wide mount? That seems kind of easy

World of warcraft shifted to this system during the Cataclysm expansion.

• Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you can't play the imperial race, it means I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE FULL GAME. So I don't know what part of don't have access to the full game that you don't seem to understand.

You have full access to the version of the game that you paid for. It can not be more simple or clear than that.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • faalin
    faalin
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the imperial edition and guess what... I never use the horse, right now there is nowhere in this game that I see I need to run very far. I always use a Wayshrine to get me close then run the rest.

One thing I do hope they do is a quest line for unique mounts, kinda like they did in vanguard for the shadowhound and unicorn.
  • pllenadob14a_ESO
    I believe they made it so you can upgrade your account to the Imperial edition. Real-life-dollars for 1 gold per white horse, rather than forever grinding in game to raise enough gold for mounts.
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    If you're really concerned about it, $20 buys you the Imperial race and horse, then you can have this vaunted, game-changing "full access" you keep talking about. Personally, the only thing I use this fabled "Imperial race" (the game-changing one) for is my crafter, so I don't need the Imp motif to craft things. And then I found an Imp motif book and gave it to a friend, so I would have had it anyways.

If all you want is a 1g horse, you can buy the palomino for $15, and it's the same as an Imperial one, just a different colour.
  • MkChkn
    MkChkn
    Level up some. Gold is easier to come by later in the game. I'm frustrated with the lack of items to buy once bank is upgraded and motiffs bought.
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I only bought the horse for extra storage, lol. The only time I use it is when I accidently press H instead of J. It's not like the horse is outrageously expensive, just work for it a little bit. I understand you don't have the Imperial Horse and you feel left out, that is a real issue. However you did have your chance to get it, but you chose not to. I know it's unfortunate they did such a thing to the Imperial content, but it's not game breaking in the least.