The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to set up your Vampire.

wretch200
wretch200
✭✭✭
People have been asking in my guild chat "What should be my priority as a vampire in PvP?"
So I've taken a lot of time for this post as I have familiarized myself with all 4 classes, and I have tried being a vampire on 2 of those 4 classes (Dragonknight and Nightblade), and I have come up with this:

For a Nightblade:
I have found that you would do best to use Dual Wield or Two-handed (Maybe even Sword and Board!) and a bow as your offhand weapon, Teleport. Strike, Shadowy Disguise, Veiled Strike and then fill the other 2 slots in with your vampire abilities, as well as your ultimate. NOW, here is the kicker. In stage 4 Vampirism, with 30 points into Magicka, 10 Points into Health and 9 Points into Stamina, I do not have to worry about running out of stamina in a fight to break enemy's Crowd Control on me, because as you can see I have no stamina consuming skills on my first bar. I then will try to expend the enemies Stamina very quickly with my class CC's, and then lining up a Drain essence on them for the finish OR if I have to save my own hide, I may just blow my Drain essence in a last ditch effort to save myself, while hoping and praying that they have no more stamina to bust it. This generally leads to a clean execution and me ready for the next fight, with full stamina and near-full health. (Nightblade is fairly simple compared to Dragonknight, so bare with me for the next part)

For a Dragonknight:
As probably said in previous forum posts, I believe that the best way to go for PvP as a DK, is straight down the One-handed + Shield tree with Draconic Power as your main class tree. NO MATTER WHAT! (Vampire or Not.) I went into 30 points into health 12 points into magicka and 7 points into Stamina, this is because Dragonknight's thrive on survivability, and I will explain just how to do it. In addition, you can pretty much wear whatever armor tickles your fancy, if you are running in Medium or Light (which I don't necessarily suggest) you may consider using Razor Armor, to boost your defense highly while returning physical damage to any melee attackers. This next part is a must. Regardless of what you are wearing... (Be it nude, or in heavy armor) You NEED to have a gap closer (MUST HAVE) So in my opinion, the 4th skill down the Sword and Board tree is the best, morph it into Invasion, for the best single target CC in the game, leaving the enemy prone and open to attacks for a solid 3 SECONDS!!! (Note, while prone, a player cannot break CC's i.e. if the skill says knock's DOWN! not back as a knock-Back can be broken) That should really be your only Stamina consumer, as your bash and your block with your shield should be your biggest consumers anyhow. THIS IS SIMPLY A GAP CLOSER ( and a quick and easy opening CC). Now, we go straight into DPS. Which should consist of this, You are going to want to spec. into Dark Talons and morph it into Burning Talons, this will lock an unlimited amount of enemies within the area into their current position with a root/snare, leaving them open to be melee'd very quickly with bash while sustaining high damage and building your Bat Swarm ultimate like mad, or you can beat them to death with straight up light attacks if you're out of Stamina. To follow, you should try to keep Reflective Scales up at most times, as this will send harmful spells launching back at the enemy for 4 solid seconds. Best part? It's spammable. Keep that baby up if you're fighting 2 or 3 people. You will notice they start to kill themselves. Next, is Green Dragon Blood, this is why you do not need much stamina, and that is because you will be regenerating it at a high rate with this skill as well as serving it as a massive self heal. Last but not least! Mist Form, use it to get in and out of good, or bad encounters quickly and without being noticed. (in mist form your alliance icon disappears, so people can see a cloud running around, but they will NOT see what alliance it is, making it easy to walk right past an enemy without notice). The Dragonkinght is easily one of the most versatile classes in the game as a Vampire and excels in multi-target combat.

Thanks for reading, and I will be posting more guides on Vampirism with the other 2 classes as soon as I can get them out! Thanks for the patience and understanding!

~Disregarded Wretch