The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The End Puzzle.. just want to say.. I'll only level 1 character to 50.

thilog
thilog
✭✭✭
What a frustrating lump of .... you have to die 30 times to get that 1 jump to your death to ignite the brazer?

And you cannot progress the main game until you do?
With lag spikes and other idiot players getting in the way?
Yeh.. one character.. then it's goodbye.. and .... ...
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The library puzzle is just horrid. I sincerely hope it's a bug and not meant to be that way.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Censorious
      Censorious
      ✭✭✭✭
      I've been trying to do this jump for over an hour. It's plainly ridiculous.
      It's a matter of sheer luck if you happen to be able to spam the target and hit it while jumping to a certain death.
      There must be 50 naked people running about in this area right now failing again and again.

It's obvious that you're supposed to be able to reach it from the final platform, which is quite difficult enough to reach anyway. It shouldn't be necessary to strip off all your gear to avoid a massive repair bill from one quest.

Please fix this quest.
      There's no way I'm going to waste any more time on it.
      'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    • Mishoniko
      Mishoniko
      ✭✭✭
      Pretty sure the suicide jump is unintended. If it takes you more than 5 times to get this, though, you're not jumping at the right spot ... you need to target a bit to the left of the pipes. There's forum posts with details and I can confirm I got it the first time after changing my jump direction to match the instructions.
      Edited by Mishoniko on April 30, 2014 5:01PM
    • Censorious
      Censorious
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mishoniko wrote: »
      Pretty sure the suicide jump is unintended. If it takes you more than 5 times to get this, though, you're not jumping at the right spot ... you need to target a bit to the left of the pipes. There's forum posts with details and I can confirm I got it the first time after changing my jump direction to match the instructions.

Oh, I'm sure that if you happen to hit the 'sweet spot' by whatever means, it will work.
      But it's plainly a bug. I refuse to believe that game was designed this way.

It makes no sense to have a mechanic in the game that will destroy your gear over and over so that the only sensible course is to strip off.
      'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    • ZiRM
      ZiRM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Whoever designed that quest needs to lose a job. Games are supposed to be fun.
      Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
      ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    • thilog
      thilog
      ✭✭✭
      hehe yeh i knda lost it with this post.. i think i died about 40 times. Before taking time to work out the problem.

It's definately a bug. The "eye" of the tube/braser points straight out, so to get the "fire" into it, you need to be pointing at it. To be pointing at it, you need to be in mid air.

so yeh, you don't jump towards the left of it, more so, you jump left and then in mid air, turn to the right and up a little, to shoot it.

You jump left, and then release all keys and look at the opening and spam E. With luck you'll hit it.

I changed my sprint key to my mouse button 1, and used sprint to get the momentum to jump to the piller. You'll also see people on horses doing the same thing.

It is also a good idea to remove all of your armour, saves damaging it.

As soon as I /yelled out the solution above some 30 odd players around me managed to resolve the issue and get through the gate. Up to that point, local chat was just a wall of swearing. (most of it my own)
    • Jeffries
      Jeffries
      Soul Shriven
      You have to jump as left as possible. If you know this, it's possible at the first try. Obviously its' a bug.
      Edited by Jeffries on May 2, 2014 8:25AM
      Imperial VR1
    • Kroin
      Kroin
      ✭✭
      The trick is simple dont stay on the pillar stay under it and run over the cliff on the left side, got it the second time, even when it was a bit annoying i found it kind of funny and since there are tons of people in vet zones, i think you will manage to get past it.