The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zenimax, balance and hotfix your game. (Batswarm OP video)

Pryda
Pryda
✭✭
I know it takes ressources to balance and hotfixes a game, but Vampirism is ***.

Simple fixes:
- remove the ultimate cost reduction from Vampire stages
- using mist form while carrying a scroll must drop the scroll
- let us see HP bar from players using mist form and nerf the movespeed to 50% or less
- Battle Roar passive from DK should restore HP/Magicka based on the ultimate cost AFTER reduction

No hard feelings for people using this or people raging about people using it as well, it's just a game and the fault is on Zenimax.

To people trying to argue and say that vampire is not OP, please stop.

http://youtu.be/Ucmjldufa6U
Edited by Pryda on April 30, 2014 1:19PM
Sorcerer on Auriel's Bow EU - http://www.twitch.tv/Prydatv & http://www.youtube.com/cyr9x (1-50 & VR leveling guides + PvP Videos)
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

infinite bat swarm is a bug.

Movement speed of Mist form is less than 50%. There are a couple of class skill abilities that can boost this. Nothing in the Vamp line though.

Before I became one I had all these wild misconceptions too. Now that I am, one w/o the bat swarm bug, I understand that Vamp is only 3 broken abilities.

Bat swarm - Bugged to OPness for a select handful of Vamps

Mist Form - Does not break or make immune to moment impairing effects

Drain - Does not work if the target is in a unnatural state i.g. horse back, stunned in a animation etc..

Passives - turned off every time you die and can only be fixed with a relog.

If I didn't pay money I would have the garbage cured. W/o the god bug, vamps are that bad atm.
    Edited by TheBull on April 30, 2014 1:17PM
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    Infinite batswarm is not a bug.

Mist form is 52%, and it stacks with maneuver, so no it's not less than 50%.

You might not know how to use vampirism, that doesn't mean it is garbage.
    Sorcerer on Auriel's Bow EU - http://www.twitch.tv/Prydatv & http://www.youtube.com/cyr9x (1-50 & VR leveling guides + PvP Videos)
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    When are people gonna understand that Vampirism Stage 4 reduces all vampire ability cost at the expense of health regeneration. It is not a bug, it is working as intended.
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    When are people gonna understand that Vampirism Stage 4 reduces all vampire ability cost at the expense of health regeneration. It is not a bug, it is working as intended.

And then?
    <BiS>
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    Soban wrote: »

And then?

It's obviously balanced! This damn nerf on health regeneration, you can't even play anymore
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭

change that to -75% penalty on "HEALING RECEIVED" and we might be starting to get somewhere with the penalty being actually relevant
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    One person should not be able to kill an entire army.. That is not how any game is suppose to be.. It's not working as intended.. Can I stay hidden while Healing someone, or casting any other spells? No...HE is completly hidden the whole time while hitting batswarm.. The moment you do damage to someone you are detected and no longer hidden, in his case he is hidden 99% of the time and the only reason they did damage to him is because they casted fire wall and dragon talons BLINDLY.. It's not working as intended, only reason you say it is is because you're a vampire and you hope to do the same as he did, or you already are..
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Being invisible is a morph to Vampire swarm so once again, It is designed this way and working as intended. You might not like it but the Morph(Game Design) allows it.

Never said I was a Vampire, I'm just stating facts.
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    So the only thing you retain from this video is the invisibility? :disappointed:
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Pryda wrote: »
    So the only thing you retain from this video is the invisibility? :disappointed:

No, I was just responding to the previous post stating that the Invisibility was not working as intended.

I agree you should always be able to target a vampire but instead on crying out for Nerfs it would be better that other lines get buffed like the Fighters Guild abilities.

Vampires are meant to be Undead Monsters and very difficult to kill. Just like Werewolves are transforming abominations that should also be very difficult to kill. The only way you should be able to kill them is by specializing in a skill line that focuses on killing such Monsters like the Fighter's Guild.

I'm just tired of everyone crying for Nerfs.... People let start asking for buffs not nerfs!!!!
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Like I said, One person shouldn't be able to take on an entire army ... Not working as intended.
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just tired of everyone crying for Nerfs.... People let start asking for buffs not nerfs!!!!

So instead of nerfing 100% uptime stacking bat swarm and sub 80 magicka cost 75% damage reduction and near untargetability you would buff what instead?
    <BiS>
  • Boogawooga
    Pryda wrote: »

No, I was just responding to the previous post stating that the Invisibility was not working as intended.

I agree you should always be able to target a vampire but instead on crying out for Nerfs it would be better that other lines get buffed like the Fighters Guild abilities.

Vampires are meant to be Undead Monsters and very difficult to kill. Just like Werewolves are transforming abominations that should also be very difficult to kill. The only way you should be able to kill them is by specializing in a skill line that focuses on killing such Monsters like the Fighter's Guild.

Vampires should be a little tougher, but are not suppose to be gods. Right now vampires are broken and not working as intended. Infinite bat swarm is a bug. You can spam the ultimate 100% of the time in a fight, you are not suppose to spam an "ultimate" like that and kill an entire zerg while being pretty much invincible. Their abilities need to be fixed and some of them nerfed, it's that simple. I have watched over 50 players try to kill a single VR10 vampire, a good many of them using fighters guild abilties and spamming it, and it did nothing. That single vampire pretty much killed everyone. Vampires are overpowered and broken in its current state, and it seems more and people are jumping on the vampire bandwagon because of how overpowered they are and it is destroying pvp. If anyone is going to try and defend it and say it is not broken and working as intended they or are doing it themselves or are clueless.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who has actually seen it in action knows it is not working as intended. Anyone who defends it just wants to continue to cheese mode their gameplay. End of discussion. I hope ZOS will post a comment. Do they even read this sub forum?
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Please help us!
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's completely broken, especially with sorcerers who can drop that ult cost to nothing.
    Just changing vampirism not to affect ultimate cost would probably be the easiest and more "lenient" change.
    I got vampire recently just because of how good it is. I haven't leveled it up enough to be OP yet but even if they completely removed the ultimate I'd still be a vampire just for mist form which is also incredibly good, especially for a DK that has no escapes.

Decreased health regen? Oh no, not my health regen!!!
    Fire damage... okay that's a major drawback but you can dodge most fire siege.
    Edited by AngelofAwe on April 30, 2014 2:59PM
    Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
    Sanguine's beta tester
    Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

So instead of nerfing 100% uptime stacking bat swarm and sub 80 magicka cost 75% damage reduction and near untargetability you would buff what instead?

What has not been said is how this 100% uptime is acquired. It requires you to be a Sorc and have the 15% ultimate cost reduction passive, Vapirism Stage 4 (60% vampire abilities cost reduction), and PvP Gear that reduces Ultimate Cost reduction by 20% = 95% Ultimate cost reduction. Every other class can only stack 80% Ultimate cost reduction.

So all of this is in the game and you say all of this is not working as intended??? Are you going to nerf the Sorc Passive? Are you gonna Nerf the PvP Set? Are you gonna nerf the Vampirism?

What needs to be buffed is the Fighter's Guild abilities so the balance is made between Hunted and Hunters. The biggest problem is that Fighter's Guild Abilities do not stack up to the opposite World Lines.

• AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭

The -20% cost is not a PvP set.
    And you forgot about emperor/ former emperor which provides another -5% giving sorcerers -100%.

and vampire is what needs a nerf, vampirism should not affect ultimate cost.

/a vampire
    Edited by AngelofAwe on April 30, 2014 3:06PM
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    AngelofAwe wrote: »

The -20% cost is not a PvP set.
    And you forgot about emperor/ former emperor which provides another -5% giving sorcerers -100%.

and vampire is what needs a nerf, vampirism should not affect ultimate cost.

/a vampire

That's your opinion.

Bottom Line is that the Vampire Ultimate is a Vampire ability so it is affected by it's cost reduction.
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    That's your opinion.

Mine and every sensible person's.

Imperial DK - VR10
    Sanguine's beta tester
  • Boogawooga

What has not been said is how this 100% uptime is acquired. It requires you to be a Sorc and have the 15% ultimate cost reduction passive, Vapirism Stage 4 (60% vampire abilities cost reduction), and PvP Gear that reduces Ultimate Cost reduction by 20% = 95% Ultimate cost reduction. Every other class can only stack 80% Ultimate cost reduction.

So all of this is in the game and you say all of this is not working as intended??? Are you going to nerf the Sorc Passive? Are you gonna Nerf the PvP Set? Are you gonna nerf the Vampirism?

What needs to be buffed is the Fighter's Guild abilities so the balance is made between Hunted and Hunters. The biggest problem is that Fighter's Guild Abilities do not stack up to the opposite World Lines.

Clearly Zenimax missed how imbalanced vampires become with certain combinations. Just because something is in game does not mean it is balanced and working as intended. This is where nerfs and buffs come in. Welcome to MMORPGS where things are constantly changed and fixed. Vampires are not balanced and they will fixed. You can try to defend it all you want but it is going to happen soon.

• orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    AngelofAwe wrote: »
    That's your opinion.

Mine and every sensible person's.

Well since I'm insensible I will not continue express my opinion.

Last thing I will say is that nerfs will not fix this game. Once vampires are nerfed it will be something else, after that something else and so on. People will always find something to complain about.

At the end there will be no use for classes and everyone will be whacking each other with nerf swords, at that point, I guess we will look for another game to play and complain about.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭

So we can play Vampires vs Vampire Hunters Online? No, ZOS needs to correct this by FIXING the bugs and rebalancing the obviously untested mechanics so that the original premise of the game, a huge range of viable builds, becomes true again.

A game where only two builds are viable for PvP is a boring game.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to keep an ultimate that heals you and damages everyone around you up indefinitely is clearly a design oversight. If you think this won't be changed, I recommend you work on coming to grips with reality.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you harassed a group that doesn't know how to Magee light... ok
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    Mage light? Yeah you obviously know something there.
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    So you harassed a group that doesn't know how to Magee light... ok

Sorry buddy Mage light doesn't reveal invisible Batswarm "Tested" confirmed by ME.. several times... Now i guess someone else can test it and them also confirm it...
  • Ragnafrak
    Ragnafrak
    ✭✭
    I chose to be a vampire for RP reasons, and honestly I'm disappointed at how FOTM they've become because of combinations like this. I was hoping that the disadvantages of fire vulnerability and less passive health regen would be enough to balance the vamps neat abilities so that not everyone would want to be one.

The sort of thing in this video definitely shouldn't be possible, but I'm still not 100% convinced that nerfing the vampire line is the only solution.

That said, I would more than likely be fine if the ult-cost reduction component of vampire stages were exchanged for something else equally cool but less game breaking under the right circumstances.

Maybe even just put a timer on Bat Swarm :P
  • VoTFJackie

oh no! health regen! such an important stat, what will we ever do?!

I honestly cannot believe this was not hotfixed the first day it was discovered. Something like this would be instantly changed in a game where the pvp was at all relevant to the company.

Even that on a coding level that Zenimax have not put caps on stacking percentages (its not just ult reduction, once you explore the game more), is incredibly sad. Its poor development and very weak game design understanding, definitely not what I would expect from a game that expects me to pay a sub. Absolutely no foresight, sure players are the ones which usually find these "OP combinations" but when things like this make it past development stage, then one simply has to question development and their competence.