The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So... should we nerf the akaviri dragonguard set?

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
This equipment set is one of the issue with the ''vampire are OP'' formula. Worse yet it just make any build based around ultimate spamming twice as more broken, should they replace that equipment stat bonus with something deferent then 20% ultimate cost reduction?

I don't see why a set of equipment wich is basically stuck a vet 1 and lvl 20s is mendatory in a build... do you?
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Or they could just make it so that you can't reduce the Bat Swarms ultimate cost outside of Vampire stages and class passives. ;)
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just vampire go look at any one who would use the mage guild ultimate... its gunna be shooting star spam everywhere on the map. All I need is to hit 10 target and pop my ult is fully recharged... (so wait im stunlocking groups with shooting star? what in...)
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 30, 2014 2:14PM

• Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I haven't done any PvP yet. Just read some comments on "Bat Swarm costing 4 ultimate and destroying everything in Cyrodiil." :(
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Akaviri would dumb down any ultimate to that level, it just happen bat swarm also heals player like crazy when used so its the favored one.

• Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Worse yet it just make any build based around ultimate spamming twice as more broken, should they replace that equipment stat bonus with something deferent then 20% ultimate cost reduction?

Just to get this right, a 20% reduction will make "twice as more broken"? I cant tell if u deliberately troll or are just bad at math?
    Akaviri would dumb down any ultimate to that level, it just happen bat swarm also heals player like crazy when used so its the favored one.

So a 20% reduction from the set is the main problem in your mind, compared to a 60% special reduction by the "broken" vampire stages, which only work for the vampire ultimate?
    All I need is to hit 10 target and pop my ult is fully recharged

Really?

"Shooting Star" needs 250 Ultimate, with the set its 200 Ultimate. U get 12 Ultimate per "nearby enemy hit" at rank4 so 200/12 = 16,6.

U need to hit 17 "nearby" targets, but from my observations "nearby" is a very tiny range at around 3-4m. So in reality u might hit like 3-5 targets, which will result in 60 ultimate gain.

The problem with the vampire ultimate is the 60% reduction from the vampire stages and the strange math they use to combine this with other ultimate reductions from this set and passives.
  • malais
    malais
    It's not the blood swarm it's not meteor it's not ultimate spam in general. The problem is the use of the ultimate contributes to the buildup towards the next use.

IE 1 blood swarm in the middle of a pug raid is all I need to build up for the next one.

The fix is very simple. While an ultimate is in use (any ultimate) you can't gain points toward the next one.

Also there are plenty of ways around the vamp ultimate. Problem is pugs aren't smart enough to get out of range.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put a cap of how much you can reduce ulti costs (excluding vamp stage one, maybe nerf that to 40%?) and nerf the set to 10% as at 20%, it beats every other set in that set range hands down
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the akaviri dragonguard set or any ultimate reduction passive deserves a nerf because they just reduce it to the point where you can have an ultimate ready for each skirmish. The emperor receives a ton of ultimate and if you nerfed any ultimate reduction passive you are only harming yourselves because you are decreasing your chance of standing a chance against an emporer.