The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[NIghtblade] Siphoning Strikes (morph)

Shazarak
Shazarak
Hi,

I have a huge doubt about which morph to choose for the skill SIPHONING STRIKES from SIPHONING tree.

I always though that the HP heal on that skill is the best choice, the problem is that both morphs says in the tooltip that the skill also heals HP.

Both in-game and on esohead skill calculator.

Siphoning Strikes:
While toggled, basic weapon attacks restore 4% Magicka and Stamina, but reduce Weapon and Spell Damage by 27%. 10% chance on basic weapon attacks to restore 15% Magicka and Stamina.

Leeching Strikes:
While toggled, basic weapon attacks restore 4% Magicka, Health, and Stamina, but reduce Weapon and Spell Damage by 25%. 10% chance on basic weapon attacks to restore 15% Magicka and Stamina.
New Effect: Attacks also restore health.

Siphoning Attacks:
While toggled, basic weapon attacks restore 4% Magicka, Health, and Stamina, but reduce Weapon and Spell Damage by 25%. 10% chance all attacks to restore 15% Magicka and Stamina.
New Effect: All attacks have a chance to restore magicka and stamina.

As you can see on both morphed skill there's the part "Magicka, Health, and Stamina".
That's why I ask if someone have tried Siphoning Attacks and tested if it also heals HP as for Leeching Strikes (which I'm sure of) or if this is just a BUG in the tooltip.

Thank you
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Siphoning Attacks do not restore health. I have it it is pretty good because you do not need to rely on basic weapon attacks. It is really up to you to choose if you want health or more magicka and stamina.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Its a tooltip bug, check the green text.

Only Leeching Strikes restore health for basic attacks. Its also not 4% as stated, but around 2%.

So its simple, if u need the hp and use basic attacks a lot "Leeching Strikes" is your pick, otherwise choose "Siphoning Attacks".
  • Shazarak
    Shazarak
    Thank you guys!
    Looking the tooltip (the green part) was pretty obvious which one heals HP and other not...however I was in doubt because there are so many bugs and I wasn't sure if this was one of them :P

Thanks again!!