The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Canis Root

Dissolution_Reborn
Dissolution_Reborn
✭✭✭
Where do ya find this stuff? Is there a specific zone for it? Going crazy....
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it would be somewhere in morrowind or skyrim. Only places I've ever seen it in the single player games.
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    It drops in Ghenumbra
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canis Root can drop in any zone, but is one of the more rare ingredients. To put it in perspective, it is more rare than onions, garlic, etc...and is about the same rarity as pepper. You're more likely to find them in Produce baskets, cupboards, dressers & nightstands than you will in crates, sacks & baskets.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • mattriddle
    Could have sworn I started seeing it in Grahtwood.
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    mattriddle wrote: »
    I think you're right about the tier.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chalybos wrote: »
    mattriddle wrote: »
    I think you're right about the tier.

The rare Provisioner components aren't tiered. You can find them in any zone.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple Canis root. I play in the ebonheart regions.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know a list of the V5 purple recipes so I know want to keep for end game. So far each purple seems to have the exact same stats, just trying to find if there are any with 'cheap\non rare' requirements.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Anyone know a list of the V5 purple recipes so I know want to keep for end game. So far each purple seems to have the exact same stats, just trying to find if there are any with 'cheap\non rare' requirements.

With the exception of the adding tomatoes & oats, it's the same ingredients for every tier. You'll want to hang on to saaz hops, pepper, canis root, & jazbay grapes. The less rare ones will be needed as well, such as potato, garlic, barley, hopes, juniper berry, white grapes, concord grapes, snowberry, hallertau hops, onion, salt & red wheat.

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I just use
    Invigorated Honey Pudding (even the name sounds nice)
    (Increase Max Magicka and Stamina by 312 for 1 hour)
    It takes Honey Comb (common), Imperial Stock (Buy from NPC) and Onion (rare) to make.

Drink is no good as it increases regen and I am at the cap for Magicka and Stamina already (and health is not an issue)

Just wondered what the V5 purple food version uses (which adds Max Health as well)

It looks like there is only 1 purple recipe for food and 1 purple recipe for drink per tier (as there is no need for more as they all have the same stats)

Since the only rare I need is onion, I sell the others. But I don't want to shoot myself in the foot when I finally get the purple version and find out it needs an extra ingredient I have been selling off.

Does anyone make drinks? Or do they just do food due to the low caps?
    Edited by Natjur on May 2, 2014 12:49AM
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    I have several rare drink recipes learned, all of them require different materials and have the exact same bonuses all for level 35...
    I will edit this with recipes and their materials when I can.