The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gear Sets

Zeffi
Zeffi
Just a curious question due the the range of gear sets in this game. What is everyone best idea on gear sets for tanks, dps, and heals?
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    There is no definitive answer to your question. There's a plethora of options you can chose from but the rules of thumb are: 1) use gear that have passives that benefit your preferred attribute/s, 2) use a combination of armor types so that you're just about at softcap for armor, 3) use gear that looks best :grinning: 4) try to level several gear types in case you need them later in the game...
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • jespernohr
    As a nightblade I have been leveling with 5 medium, 1 light and 1 heavy to make sure that all skills are increased, as I level towards V10.

As for gear sets at V10 then I'm looking at running the following:

3 pieces of the warlock (ring, ring, amulet).
    5 pieces of Hunding's Rage (medium: chest, legs, hand, waist, feet)
    3 pieces of Night Mother's Gaze (light: head, shoulder, weapon: bow and 1h for swapping)

This should give me the nice Magicka boost from of the Warlock.

Nice stamina regen from Hundig's Rage, which will allow me to free up enchants on the rest of the gear for other things.

Extra damage from weapon abilities.

And a nice debuff to my targets armor from Night Mother's Gaze.
    Edited by jespernohr on May 1, 2014 8:30AM