The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help for DK DPS spec

Specialedro1
Specialedro1
Soul Shriven
as a VR5 DK, want to spec dps, what would be a good set up as far as attributes and glyphs, also what skills should I mainly concern myself with? for right now, Im just building up skill on everything, and at some points it get very painful
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attributes.
    You can get stats in at least 4 ways.
    1) Glyphs
    1a (enchantment bonus from crafting)
    2) Level Attributes
    3) Food
    4) Mundus Stones
    4a (divine trait from crafting)

Glyph Stat values are determined by which armor piece you put it on. So you may get the full amount of a stat glyph on a chest piece and only a third on a glove. I would grab 7 glyphs from the vender, place them, and see what your total stat capacity could be using glyphs and write it down.

Then see what sort of foods you can readily get your hands on. Ideally you want one that does health plus stamina or magic. If you want to start provisioning it's really easy to max it out. I was max by level 20. Grab your recipes now because they are nerfing the drops. Once you find the number from foods (300 and something, can't check due to maintenance) write that down.

Then consider your primary skill layout. What is my skill skew, more magic or more stamina? Use that skew to figure out which attribute you need to focus on. Then take your total external attribute capacity and start adding up to overcharge using your character attributes while considering your skill skew.

Leveling Skills.
    Put all your performance skills on bar one. Put all the skills you want to level on bar two. When it's time to turn in a quest hotswap to bar two. You can also get the outfitter add-on to level your armor. It will save your sets so you can hot swap all your gear as well for the quest turn in.

I chose a balance between stamina skills and magic skills. If I only have 1 type of skill then I only have 1 attack pool to draw from, but if I have 2 types of attacks I have 2 pools to draw from. Not only can I use skills longer but it also allows one pool to regain while the other depletes. I went with a 1M 2H 1S attribute skew but it's all the same after glyphs.
    Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 11:40AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    In regards to the OP,

You want to spec for DPS, but do you prefer melee or Range?
    Your bar(s) in general should be built around an idea for combat. Is this for PvE or PvP? Both? Do you want to focus more on Rooting your enemies while you beat them down or do you want to Charge them down for their demise?

For my DPS bar (as I play a Off-tank/DPs Hybrid atm) I use a 2H setup.
    I run Greatsword for extra % dmg with:
    - Carve (Morphed Cleave - Builds up my Ult)
    - Molten Whip/Unstable Flame (single Target dmg)
    - Burning Talons (AoE Root)
    - Igneous Weapon s (DMG Buff)
    - Volatile Armor/Green Dragon Blood (Defense, be it Armor or HP/Stam Regen)
    - Standard of Might (Take 30% less dmg, deal 30% more dmg, and burn over time)

I'm no pro, and am no where near Vet, But this is just what I'm playing with atm.
    I hope it helps in some way.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    One thing on the Igneous Weapons, you can have that on your 2nd bar. It has a 60s timer on it, so you can cast it, then switch bars to your main bar and still have the damage boost on your weapon/s.

That also let's you slot 3x damage skills and Volatile Armor + Green Dragon Blood together for a great combo that has great survivability and self heal capabilities. Very magicka driven build, so I invest a lot on health and magicka.

To the OP, I've got one bar setup for more damage, and one setup more for groups of enemies and tanking more damage. As per below:

Damage Centric Bar
    - Flurry
    - Unstable Flame
    - Empowering Chains
    - Green Dragon Blood
    - Igneous Weapons

Cast Igneous Weapons. Usually pull target in, extra damage on the flurry, then unstable flame for the continual damage. Can take down most targets quick if you are choosing the right passives and equipment + boosts. Green Dragon Blood to get you out of a pinch.

Tanking Bar
    -Flurry
    -Unstable Flame
    -Choking/Burning Talons
    -Green Dragon Blood
    -Volatile Armor

For this one I cast Igneous Weapons, switch to this bar and then cast Volatile Armor. Run into mob, use talons and then start taking them down with Unstable Flame and Flurry. Again, Green Dragon Blood to get you out of a pinch.

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want to be a DD slot dd skills for group pve content, there are allready enough half backed DK´s fullfilling no role at all...

so thats what my DD-DK would look like.
    bar one singeltarget dps for bosses
    bar two maxed ae dmg for trash areas. (of course a fire staff)
    if you have another dk as a tank you can evtually switch molten weapons and dark talons for sth else.
    Edited by Tankqull on April 30, 2014 4:33PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"