Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampires/Werewolves

Darkmayne
Darkmayne
Will vampires and werewolves be viable in trials and endgame??
  • MaevStorm
    MaevStorm
    This game is starting look like Twilight online.
    Edited by MaevStorm on April 30, 2014 3:10AM
  • Darkmayne
    Darkmayne
    I was thinking more along the lines of Underworld.
  • MaevStorm
    MaevStorm
    No Kate, no deal.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its still early is all. People want to experience being a vamp and/or werewolf. My first character definitely became a vampire to see what it was like. My subsequent alts will probably not become one.

You only get 5/10 abilities on your skill bar. Many of my builds won't have room for any other abilities.
  • DogeRobert
    From a min/max perspective, it's hard to see the werewolf being anything but a RP choice honestly. - You can only use it when in WW form, which is a 1000 point Ultimate.. And it doesn't last very long, unless you continuously kill opponents.

As for the Vamp, the way it is, it seems to be very useful, if you can find some way to a) stay away from fire in any form or b) play a Dunmer with crazy fire res.

Still, soloing as a Dunmer Vamp Templar is rather fun and most of the drawbacks minimal all things considered. Though there seems to be quite a few bugs with the passives.. Or so people say. (Haven't really paid attention to it myself) - That said, I find the recent change somewhat annoying in spirit (though I only became a vamp afterwards). The idea that the devs nerfed the bonuses of the various vampire stages without equally lessening the penalties irks me. But not enough for me to NOT play a vamp.. ;-)

Long story short: Vamp is useful and according to some people rather OP, if you design your gear and spec around it, while WW seems less than worthless for anything other than RP.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we need to first see said trials , probably vamps will be viable on many of them where fire is not a huge issue.

In the trials where fire is a huge issue , probably not.

Trails is not only about winning , it is also about being the best doing it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    It seems odd that wood elves are resistant to fire... I guess it is good to roll with a fire destro staff lest you enter a vampire fight with an ice staff...
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really see why either would be that bad and as long as they aren't all boss quality drain and batswarm should be usefull and you do have the passive bonuses.