The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Safe Websites

Ocistus
Ocistus
Soul Shriven
What are the 100% safe websites to get mods from?
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    *toots her own horn & points at her sig* ;)

(Although no site can guarantee to be 100% safe 100% of the time, any site that tries to tell you otherwise is lying to you. Any site can be hacked if the hackers are determined enough. That said, we've got a damn good record. No one has ever had their account compromised because of any of our sites, or addons downloaded from them, in the 12+ years we've been running sites.)
    Edited by Cairenn on April 30, 2014 10:21AM
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know this too. I currently use minion. How do we know how safe theses add ons are?

Is there a way to check? are uploads to sites such as minion checked?
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Minion is our updater. Same people. :)
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Cairenn

I like the skyshard locator mod, i'd be interested in a quest locator mod of some sort ( i seem to miss quite a few) in every zone, sometimes running around and looking doesent always help and i do enjoy the stories of the quests so thats a big deal for me. I wouldnt use a minmap add on tho.

Any suggestions for a good quest starter locator? Or any helpful favorites that you are especially fond of?
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for an addon that lists all of the quests in a zone, I am not aware of one. However you may certainly browse through our Character Advancement download category.
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cairenn

I have Auto-Update Add-ons enabled in Minion, and have an MMOUI account.

Since I play on both the NA and EU Megaservers each of which have their own Add-Ons directory, does Auto-Update just update the default (NA) directory, both, or will it also automatically update based on the Launcher server selection? Clarification is essential, especially with the issue below.

I tried manually changing Minion settings to the EU Add-ons directory. Minion now immediately stalls and is totally non-responsive. Only the splash screen appears. Minion must then be force closed using the Task Bar context menu or Task Manager. I cannot use the Minion interface to reset to the NA Add-ons directory since it immediately stalls.

Can you provide a workaround here, or should I submit a support request on MMOUI?

(Not hijacking this thread, but thought this might help others reading the topic).

TIA. I miss being able to use Minion which is so much easier than manually updating each Add-ons directory with updates.
    Edited by Auldjohn on May 3, 2014 7:56AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    @Auldjohn‌ First of all, the Auto-Update feature is currently not working. A fix is in the works. For now, uncheck it, restart the client, and then you can use the Update All button on the installed list.

You can have more than one instance of ESO "installed" to Minion. Simply click "Add Games" at the bottom left of the window and you can have both the live and eu games showing. The next update for Minion (or perhaps the one after that) will auto-detect your live, liveeu and test folders to keep track of their installed addons.

As for your current issue, it sounds as if your path may have been incorrect when you changed it, or something became corrupted in your minion.xml file. Here is how to find that file, and you may delete it to reset Minion: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

If you have any further questions or issues, please post in our Minion forum at ESOUI. :)
    My Addons
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Cairenn wrote: »
    Minion is our updater. Same people. :)

Cool... love minion ... great website (esoui) and updater.

Thanks
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    only two to me, esoui.com is pepsi because it is just good and fresh, and curse.com is coca cola, a bit too much commercial but still good
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Seerah‌,

Thanks for the tips about Minion. FYI, Dolby replied on ESOUI Forums in response to my question there. He mentioned using Add Game in Minion for a second instance of ESO, then setting the second to reference the EU Add-Ons directory.

Minion now works like a charm. Before I switch my ESO Launcher to EU, I first start Minion, select ESO for EU, then Update All. BTW, Dolby's explanation would be a great addition to the Minion FAQs.

After the ESO Launcher 1.1.2 Patch there are some issues with Minion-managed Add-ons. When the ESO Launcher patch was complete, before logging in to the game I started Minion then did Update All for my subscribed/installed Add-Ons. However, at the Character Load Screen a check of Add-Ons showed the majority of the Add-Ons flagged Out of Date.

My guess is there has not been enough time for many Add-On developers to update their tools for the 1.1.2 Patch. Just posting this here to notify you. When I have a minute I'll post details on the ESOUI Forums.

Thanks again for the great features of Minion! I highly recommend it to anyone for finding and managing ESO Add-Ons. B)
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild

• Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words, @Auldjohn‌ ! With yesterday's update to Minion, the Auto-Update feature should be working now as well. :) (/edit: it also should no longer hang with a bad game path)

And, yes. I myself haven't gotten around to bumping the APIVersion number for each of my addons yet. You can tick "Load Out Of Date" and most of your addons should work just fine.
    Edited by Seerah on May 23, 2014 6:29PM
    My Addons
  • magic_is_might
    magic_is_might
    ✭✭✭
    Minion

It is safe. Of course with the internet, there is always a risk. But I don't think anyone has had an issue with Minion. The ability to search for addons are integrated in the software. No need to scour the internet and messing around with manually installing them.

The addons literally take only 1-2 seconds to install. And updating them literally takes 1 second. No fussing around with manual installs and manually updating them. It does it all for you.

However, the Craglorn update has rendered most addons as "out-of-date" meaning the addon creators haven't been able to update them yet. So don't be surprised if most addons aren't working right now, unless you force your game to load out-of-date addons.
    Edited by magic_is_might on May 23, 2014 6:35PM
    Sienna Nightsky | Aldmeri Dominion | Nightblade Woodelf
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Seerah‌

Thanks to you for the shout-out, and for the news that Auto-Update is now working. Keep up the great work. Minion rates (*) (*) (*) (*) (*). Thanks to @Cairenn, too!

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    @‌Cairenn

I like the skyshard locator mod, i'd be interested in a quest locator mod of some sort ( i seem to miss quite a few) in every zone, sometimes running around and looking doesent always help and i do enjoy the stories of the quests so thats a big deal for me. I wouldnt use a minmap add on tho.

Any suggestions for a good quest starter locator? Or any helpful favorites that you are especially fond of?

@Chryos‌ Give the Undiscovered addon a try. That along with the skyshard and lorebook ones should help you not miss anything. It is available on ESOUI

Edited by Ysne58 on May 27, 2014 1:33AM
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Minion is a good app for downloading add-ons.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301