The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Better Potion Names

Thaladar
Thaladar
I'm leveling up Alchemy and noticed that the potion names are quite confusing. The exact same potion name has different effects depending on the reagents used to create it. While this is fantastic that we can create such a variety of effects, the resulting potions should have better/different/unique names.

For example, I have created four different Tinctures of Health. One which only restores Health. A different Tincture of Health restores Health and Magicka; yet another restores Health and Stamina and one that restores all three. It would seem that these should all have different names, even if they share the same icon.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    You would think they would fix this before they release poison,but nope now poison is suffering the same same naming issue as potion, this show us that ZOS either lazy or. incompetent
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like the option to name potions/poisons at time of creation just like you could in Oblivion and morrowind
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even worse, is the Alchemy Writs take my Tri-Pots instead of my single Health Potions.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    What is even worse, is the Alchemy Writs take my Tri-Pots instead of my single Health Potions.

This.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭

And this is part of the reason I'd like to see potions made more distinguishable from one another, trading and inventory management being others.

I don't care how, Zeniax can sort that out, just as long as they do it.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I found that while the writ would say it was complete if I carried a tri-pot, if I added a standard health potion then this would be taken in preference to my tri-pots when I turned in the writ.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an addon - Potion maker, that makes at least the di- and tri-pots names with blue and purple colours in your inventory

but I agree, the names are really confussing. I believe that personal names would make a mess when stacking then from various sources in the bank or inventory.

but for personal use, the option to add a tag to the potions and then use the tags in your own inventory instead the original names would be great.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by altemriel on September 27, 2016 12:46PM