Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Gaining abilities

Frosty71
Frosty71
Soul Shriven
Do I have to take an ability I don't want/need such as Spiked Armour as a DK, in order to get my Draconic power levelled high enough to take an ability I do want such as Dark Talons?
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, you just have to continue to level the skill tree, which means you need atleast one ability from that tree on your bar, but no you don't have to take skills from the top down to get what you want.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Frosty71
    Frosty71
    Soul Shriven
    So I will have to take Spiked armour in order to get to lvl 4 to get Dark Talons. then rep sec bugger. but thanks for the reply.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frosty71 wrote: »
    So I will have to take Spiked armour in order to get to lvl 4 to get Dark Talons. then rep sec bugger. but thanks for the reply.
    Nope, you just need whatever Draconic abilities you already have on your bar. I'm a nightblade, in the shadow tree all I have is veiled strike, shadowcloak and summon shade, I skipped everything inbetween.

"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Frosty71
    Frosty71
    Soul Shriven
    Nope, you just need whatever Draconic abilities you already have on your bar. I'm a nightblade, in the shadow tree all I have is veiled strike, shadowcloak and summon shade, I skipped everything inbetween.

Thats what Im getting at. You had to take Shadow cloak to get Shadow skills to lvl 4, before you could take veiled strike.

just curious if there was another way to get to lvl 4 without taking that first skill
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats what Im getting at. You had to take Shadow cloak to get Shadow skills to lvl 4, before you could take veiled strike.

just curious if there was another way to get to lvl 4 without taking that first skill
    Oh then no, my bad I misunderstood the question. Well I suppose you could go hunting for books that increase your skills.
    Edited by ArgonianAssassin on April 30, 2014 12:17AM
  • DrakanShadow
    DrakanShadow
    Soul Shriven
    You can get it leveled up by reading books throughout the world.