Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The smaller guilds you encounter throughout your journey...

nhisso
nhisso
✭✭✭✭
Would be awesome if we could join these smaller groups/guilds. That's pretty much it. Would love to be able to join these guilds I keep helping and have questlines from them. Oh, and hurry up with the Thieve's guild, would ya?! ;)
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    Smaller guilds? what smaller guilds?
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he's referring to side quests you come across, like that small band of wanna-be Mercs you come across in the Daggerfall zones, with the 2 stupid brothers, the orc and Vanys, on my favorites TBH. They had better consider me an honorary member, they wouldn't exist if it weren't for me.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah it would be great if we could find some of these guilds' strongholds/homes and do quests for them, even work our way up in rank with them. It would be similar to gaining "affection"/rep. in other MMOs. Maybe have unique armors/weapons/mounts as rewards from these groups or something.

You do come across some of these guilds/groups more than once.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same feeling - when a Lion Guard in Glenumbra asks me when I am a new recruit and forced answer of my character is "no Im adventurer" makes me really sad. I play a templar there and this faction would be really accurate for it, but Im forced to play an adventurer all the time :( Im not that kind of player who just does all quests with an attitude like - ok,I did everything and Im happy its completed and he just counts his stats and lvls and doesnt care about anything else. When I play my character in such beatiful world I would like to feel Im really there so I would like to be able to join the factions there and maybe even get their uniform as a disguise. The same for Morrowind - I would like to be able to join temple or became a soldier of Great Houses. Now it is more like I jump from one quest to another without any connections. It is good in some cases, but it is too much for me already. The small factions would be something that would guide me through zones with quests that have the same theme - so I wouldnt be forced to explore a mysterious ruin and jump to a bunch of bandits next to it,then deal with ghosts just next to a village full of zombies. I cannot concentrate and enjoy it as much as if it would be more in a themed bundle.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the problem is that Elderscrolls had always strong main quest and main class guilds, so players didnt have that big need of small factions even though Morrowind is still one of the most popular game because of the faction system it had. But with the main quest and class guilds beeing a minor feature of this game, there is nothing that would take its place - to make players feel the character is going somewhere, from beeing unknown to getting ranks within some faction - and that would unify the quests in PVE. Possibility to join the small factions wouldnt be that hard to implement, but I think it would affect and change a lot.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Another reason for making the small fractions joinable is that most of the quests are help in some kind of threat, but I miss somehow more peaceful quests which would just show how the tribe lives. So ppl who dont want that kind of quests would just skip that, but players who would like to know more about the tribe could be able to join them and do more RP like quests for them.

For example I was sad that I helped Wyrdess in Glenumbra, but after the victory they were just sitting at a tree and doing nothing. If I would be able to join them, I would be able to do the common, ordinary things for them, like to prepare a feast, gathering fruits and take care about trees or whatever they do. Also it would give me the amount of xps that is needed to skip questline that doesnt fit my RP. The same for Lion Guards - I could sharpen their weapons or repair their armours, and I wouldn't have to save trees with Wyrdess if my toon actually hates trees and he would gladly burn them to the ground.

Also if there is a player guild focused for example on Ashlanders, it would give them a place where they could gather and have fun. Also it could be a place where could be added features for guilds - things they could do together, not just fighting.