Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Gabrielle - Mages guild chick

Axer
Axer
✭✭✭✭
Who is the voice actress for Gabrielle? (from the mages guild - main story line for Daggerfall has her a lot, and she shows up in coldharbour too.)

Though I skipped most of the games dialog (since i don't think i have the several years it would take to listen to it all). I found her really good, and so actually listened to it. Since i'm EP I actually never encountered her (much, maybe she was in the MG line, I rushed that a bit) tell Cold harbour, tho did Daggerfall after and liked her storyline.

And her voice is very familiar. I'd bet one of the same actresses from Mass Effect or maybe Dragon Age.

Between her and Cadwell, they are my two favorite characters for sure.

(Don't like anyone in AD campaign so far sadly)
Edited by Axer on April 29, 2014 9:01AM
Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    like no one in the AD campaign? how can you not like Razum Dar with his dry wit?
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    like no one in the AD campaign? how can you not like Razum Dar with his dry wit?
    The writing for him was good. The delivery? eh, he tries to be funny I think, but never made me laugh. Dunno, maybe just the whole khaajiti third person style doesn't do it for me. I like girls, not cats, possibly the blood running thru my veins. (Tho cadwells a nasty look old dude, and I like him too).

It could also be that im on my 550th quest.. So im like omfg please hurry with your talking i need xp..

The dialog is fine and all, but yea.. Dats a lot of quest, and I need my VR10 for craglorn yo.
    Edited by Axer on April 29, 2014 9:11AM
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    I like girls, not cats, possibly the blood running thru my veins.

I say why not both! catgirls FTW (also captain Jimila is pretty fun aswel)
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    My daughter said she sounds like Twilight Sparkle. IMDB says that's Tara Strong.
  • ancienthero
    ancienthero
    Soul Shriven
    Cadwell sounds like John Cleese to me. High King Emeric sounds like Bill Nighy and I am sure I heard Brian Blessed in there somewhere. OK so probably not these people, but really good sound-alikes imo.
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell sounds like John Cleese to me.

Want to know why? Because he was voiced by John Cleese. I actually looked that up because of the voice and the Monty Python references, like the "Brave Sir Cadwell" poem he wrote. (Brave Sir Robin from The Holy Grail spoof.)

The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell sounds like John Cleese to me. High King Emeric sounds like Bill Nighy and I am sure I heard Brian Blessed in there somewhere. OK so probably not these people, but really good sound-alikes imo.
    It's all actaully them. Bethesda/Zenimax have paid insane amounts of cash on this game:
    http://www.bethblog.com/2014/01/23/the-elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-revealed/

Sadly doesn't list who played Gabrielle.

Had no idea the queen Ayrenn was Kate Beckinsale. That's pretty sweet. Didn't like her dialog a lot though, tho not all the way thru the ad campaign yet. May listen to more since I know that now. Also funny when the virtual character is much uglier then the real thing heh. Not a fan of that queens appearance.

Lyris was the mass effect chick (voiced fem shep). Mostly knew that, very similar delivery and she plays the bad ass chicks well. I liked her dialog as well, though I didn't like that she got this awesome huge greataxe and my characters was always so tiny and small =/.
    (and shes's done lots of TV and movies as well, just really imo mots famous for mass effect - really goes to show the amount of money our industry/fans has these days).
    Edited by Axer on April 30, 2014 12:18PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also why doesn't the game roll like a 1 hour long credits screen after you beat molag ball? You'd think they'd be so proud of this game they'd do a crazy one.

Maybe you see it after you get VR10? heh, probably not.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    It's all actaully them. Bethesda/Zenimax have paid insane amounts of cash on this game:
    http://www.bethblog.com/2014/01/23/the-elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-revealed/

Sadly doesn't list who played Gabrielle.

Had no idea the queen Ayrenn was Kate Beckinsale. That's pretty sweet. Didn't like her dialog a lot though, tho not all the way thru the ad campaign yet. May listen to more since I know that now. Also funny when the virtual character is much uglier then the real thing heh. Not a fan of that queens appearance.

Lyris was the mass effect chick (voiced fem shep). Mostly knew that, very similar delivery and she plays the bad ass chicks well. I liked her dialog as well, though I didn't like that she got this awesome huge greataxe and my characters was always so tiny and small =/.
    (and shes's done lots of TV and movies as well, just really imo mots famous for mass effect - really goes to show the amount of money our industry/fans has these days).

Jennifer Hale (Lyris) is also the voice for the female trooper player in SWTOR (and a huge reason my main there was a fem trooper). There are some huge names doing voices in this game - I personally love Alfred Molina as Tharn, he's brilliant.

Gabrielle is easily one of my favourite characters in the game too - after digging a little I think it might be Courtenay Taylor (listed as one of the voices for Breton female on IMDB)

• brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭

your right about bill nighy and john Cleese not sure about Brian blessed.
  • f4ngel
    f4ngel
    Soul Shriven
    John Cleese and Bill Nighy are indeed in ESO. Here's a link showcasing in case people haven't seen it :) Quite a few others big names too.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a546202/john-cleese-bill-nighy-join-elder-scrolls-online-cast-video.html#~oDmRMHUuBDLEXe
    Edited by f4ngel on May 5, 2014 6:55AM
  • omega2010b14_ESO
    omega2010b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am fairly certain that is Tara Strong as Gabrielle.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also why doesn't the game roll like a 1 hour long credits screen after you beat molag ball? You'd think they'd be so proud of this game they'd do a crazy one.

Maybe you see it after you get VR10? heh, probably not.

The credits can be accessed from the log in screen.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyeeeuurrrghhhhhhh 2014
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a necromancer on the loose :#
    Jo'Khaljor