Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Resto Staff - Cycle of Life Clarification

Hexador
Hexador
The Cycle of Life passive in the Restoration Staff skill line says that

"With a restoration staff equipped: Deals 1% damage for every 10% Health you have."

Does any one know if this is a flat damage bonus to all damage dealt, or just to your restoration staff attacks? I noticed that my Vampire's Bane skill (Templar) was getting ~10% more damage while using a restoration staff and just wanted to confirm my suspicions.

Also wondering if its working as intended.
  • SlasherZet
    Yeah, it should be worded as "You do 1% more damage for every 10% health you have."
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    As far as i know yes, its a flat 10% damage increase to all your class skills and resto staff basic attacks, if u have full health.
  • Sarcen
    Sarcen
    it gives 10% damage to everything! (as a negative side effect it also increases the damage caused by Equilibrium, so i do not have it on my resto staff bar but on my sword and board bar)
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    But on your sword bar you dont have a resto staff equipped.

"With a restoration staff equipped:...."
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    He has Equilibrium on his S/B bar.

And I'm quite sure that the passive is working as intended, as the Resto staff has zero damage options otherwise; even the heavy attack deals less damage than usual.

The Resto staff is the best weapon for almost any magicka-based single target build, but only because the obvious alternative (Destro staff) is very weak in single target damage. And that's being changed in the patch.
    Edited by Ker.Rakb16_ESO on May 2, 2014 9:35AM
  • xryanvb16_ESO
    xryanvb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    the tool tip on this is so confusing if it's a flat rate why doesn't it just say gives 10% more dmg wtf is 1% for every 10% .... so stupid.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the tool tip on this is so confusing if it's a flat rate why doesn't it just say gives 10% more dmg wtf is 1% for every 10% .... so stupid.

Because if you lose health the damage boost is reduced.