The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question to mods: can anyone post in the Forums?

mutharex
mutharex
✭✭✭✭✭
As per title, is the privilege to post only for people with game time on their account or is it open to everyone? I seen many people claiming they hadn't bought the game, but they were posting.

How does it work? Do beta accounts that didn't buy the game still have posting rights?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that this forum may be open to anyone who wants to post because of the "New Player" heading. Not 100% sure though.

It's also possible that people are just lying.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Well you have people stating they got a refund, which to me would mean they should no longer have a game account, but they are still posting
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    I had to get a forum invitation by email in order to post after I made an acct. Took a bit for them to get it to me and I could not post till I put in the code they gave me.
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, still I'd rather be told by a mod, no offence!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that this forum may be open to anyone who wants to post because of the "New Player" heading. Not 100% sure though.

It's also possible that people are just lying.

That would be impossible!
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    I'm from the original beta group and can still post.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    So to confirm, I do NOT have time on an account nor have a live code.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without game time?
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Knovah on April 28, 2014 3:59PM
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    mutharex wrote: »

Without game time?

Correct, without game time.
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Then they need to change that. It should be for subscribers only.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    However, it is possible that beta testers are in their own group, which is also why our forum names are not normal.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knovah wrote: »
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7949/kw/can anyone post on the forums?

search knowledge base under support gives you answer.. hope it helps

Well that page says only paying customers can but in this same page we have the proof of the opposite, so maybe outdated info?
    Edited by mutharex on April 28, 2014 4:00PM
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    What I struggle with is when I go to the subcategories it states they are closed. The only way I can read posts is by looking at "Recent Discussions" I cannot view individual categories. It's almost as if I have partial read rights.
    I was in beta and pre-ordered, but I never received an activation code. I just log in with my game info
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7949/kw/can anyone post on the forums?

Well that page says only paying customers can but in this same page we have the proof of the opposite, so maybe outdated info?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7667/kw/can anyone post on the forums?

Go to support type in can anyone post in forums... it gives you a list of subjects ..anyone can go to support
    Edited by Knovah on April 28, 2014 4:02PM
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO

Perhaps. Though I know I've personally created, and contributed to many threads that also help relay information from the beta to now. So cutting everyone out would also lose a large part of the base of people that want to help. I'm also only not a sub because I'm waiting for the console launch, so cutting us out for a few months because we don't want to play the PC version.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7667/kw/can anyone post on the forums?

Go to support type in can anyone post in forums... it gives you a list of subjects ..anyone can go to support

It's the same page and it says only paying customers but someoneis saying he can post but doesn't have game time. Right in this thread
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps. Though I know I've personally created, and contributed to many threads that also help relay information from the beta to now. So cutting everyone out would also lose a large part of the base of people that want to help. I'm also only not a sub because I'm waiting for the console launch, so cutting us out for a few months because we don't want to play the PC version.

True but how many 'haters' and trolls are using this loophole?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have one "forum" open for non subscribers... but the rest of the forums should be subscription only...

They can make the whole forums read only, I am ok with that, but after the free month (which ends soon) there will be so much hate trash polluting the forums.
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭

It's the same page and it says only paying customers but someoneis saying he can post but doesn't have game time. Right in this thread

No clue if they are telling truth or not .... Maybe beta users have access who knows it is not the 4th yet so the free month is not up just yet for those who started on the 4th. So someone not subbed who was in early access or just cancelled can still be posting.

You can activate a sub to get your free month than cancel and still be on the free month... either way they have game time at this point . The first month is not up.

may differ for beta users or an oversight on zos part...

Edited by Knovah on April 28, 2014 4:12PM
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    I'd like them to atleast allow open forums till the console launch. I'd like to be able to post constructive feedback etc for the game for when it launches on the rest of the systems.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to atleast allow open forums till the console launch. I'd like to be able to post constructive feedback etc for the game for when it launches on the rest of the systems.

They had a completely separate board during the Alpha/Beta, hopefully they will do the same for the consoles
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should be just active accts able to post. I love the feedback on some of the beta testers but a lot of things are changing from beta. With new content coming out glitches fixed ect ect...no offence to any positive beta testers but if you are not subbed and do not play why do you need access to the game forums?

A lot of good beta testers postings are helpful but if you do not sub or in game to follow content or changes how can you be of any help?

Please don't take this offensively.. just looking at it from a perspective of trolls...they would use it as a loophole to do nothing good for the community and if you do not like the game enough to hold an active sub why would anyone want to be a part of that community?
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    I think it should be just active accts able to post. I love the feedback on some of the beta testers but a lot of things are changing from beta. With new content coming out glitches fixed ect ect...no offence to any positive beta testers but if you are not subbed and do not play why do you need access to the game forums?

A lot of good beta testers postings are helpful but if you do not sub or in game to follow content or changes how can you be of any help?

Please don't take this offensively.. just looking at it from a perspective of trolls...they would use it as a loophole to do nothing good for the community and if you do not like the game enough to hold an active sub why would anyone want to be a part of that community?

Opinions on direction the game is going. The ability to help answer new players questions. Just because we don't play doesn't mean we don't have friends we watch play, twitch, forums etc we follow. Patch notes we read. The 1.1 notes are pretty impressive. Not all of us are trolls haters and flamers. I wouldn't actually care if someone removed us from the forums. But I do think new player forums should allow full access just because feedback from the overall population I think can be beneficial to the future of the game and community. I'm fine with being removed however and not assisting, though I do think that there are more people trolling who are subs than non subs at this point, probably wouldn't help much.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, did not think of this, you are obvious very interested
    Hopefully most of the trolls leave soon
    Far too many of their posts,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭

Opinions on direction the game is going. The ability to help answer new players questions. Just because we don't play doesn't mean we don't have friends we watch play, twitch, forums etc we follow. Patch notes we read. The 1.1 notes are pretty impressive. Not all of us are trolls haters and flamers. I wouldn't actually care if someone removed us from the forums. But I do think new player forums should allow full access just because feedback from the overall population I think can be beneficial to the future of the game and community. I'm fine with being removed however and not assisting, though I do think that there are more people trolling who are subs than non subs at this point, probably wouldn't help much.

You have a very valid point. I never took that into consideration ...I could see the new player forums possibly.

but...

Still not sold on the idea of it, imho to many trolls would be tempted to trash the new players. What better way to disturb a game for someone coming to forums for answers and get an eyeful of troll who dose not play the game.

While point is very valid and I see the merit I just cant (personally only opinion)see the good out weigh the bad .

Maybe a compromise and give those who contributed positively to new players some kind of pass or title to allow them to constructively help ....

** they need to open up a general forum that would be the first step.
    Edited by Knovah on April 28, 2014 4:45PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thedemiseraphb14_ESO‌ yeah I agree on your points, but I think a lot of the people making inflammatory posts don't have the game. But still, you have a good point.
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd rather these forums were off limit to non subbers and they use the reddit forums. New player should get answers from people playing the game, not from people who don't play the game.
    Edited by RianaTheBosmer on April 28, 2014 6:19PM
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Though I know I've personally created, and contributed to many threads that also help relay information from the beta to now. So cutting everyone out would also lose a large part of the base of people that want to help.

Well, if the help they have to offer is suggesting how the game should be changed, I just as soon not have their help. Which is what I think the OP is getting at, hopefully once the free month ends the bulk of all this complaining will end with it.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence about this. If there were a way to distinguish between those with a paid subscription and those without, perhaps having the forum open could work. However, I fear that any change like that could potentially create even more divisions with people immediately naming and shaming anyone without a sub. As if we need any more divisions in this forum...

By the same token though, I'm rather uncomfortable with the fact that many posts and whole threads are being made based on misinformation or outdated information due to the fact that some posters are not playing the game in its current state but continue to jump in on any negative threads on the game and create threads spreading old/ false information.

I'd like to know ZOS stance on this.