The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

some clarification regarding respec.

Squishy
Squishy
✭✭✭
I've been considering a small respect, whenever I get the gold, I however, have a small question.

What happens to the morphed abilities? Do they revert back to the original form? Or am I stuck with them in their morphed way ad vitam eternam?

If they are restored, do I also loose the xp gained in them (which would seem logical), or do I keep it, and can morph them back to the other morph right away?
"In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."

Best Answer

• demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you respect, your skills will still be at the level you had them. If you morphed an ability, it will have the morph symbol, you can have the skill and never morph it again. You never loose the xp you gain from them. And if it was morphed to skill B, and you respec, you can do morph C
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Answer ✓
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Am I correct in understanding, when you respec skills it resets all your skillpoints? I was hoping you could just respec (or remove) one skill at a time to recoup the skill point as I have about 8 skill points at level 36 I would like back
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Am I correct in understanding, when you respec skills it resets all your skillpoints? I was hoping you could just respec (or remove) one skill at a time to recoup the skill point as I have about 8 skill points at level 36 I would like back

I was only offered to pay over 48K to reset my skills, so I did not. Not enough gold for now, and I wanted to make sure as I assumed like you, I could pick what to remove/add.

However, your understanding seems correct, it seems to reset everything in one go, but as @demendred replied, it resets everything, yet keep your xp, and reset the morphs, which is completely fine imo :).

Thank you both for the answer, and question :)
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, all skills are reset. About 100 gold per skill spent, so be careful.
    Squishy wrote: »

Thank you both for the answer, and question :)

A pleasure to help :)
    Edited by demendred on April 28, 2014 2:31PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.