The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Great Game please kill the bots

patrickmaurab14_ESO
Love this game but good lord just send some GMs into the dungeons and ban the bots not hard to find.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give the same reply that is given on every other thread on this issue:

If you see someone you suspect is a bot, report them. Then leave it alone. The GMs will not descend from the heavens on a fiery steed to kill the bot right away. Bots are not banned until the programs they've been using are broken. So a GM has to tag the bot. Then someone will monitor the bot, figure out what the vulnerabilities in the game code are, figure out how to fix those vulnerabilities, and only then can the GMs start swinging the banhammer and applying the security hotfixes behind the scenes.

Bots and gold-sellers are a fact of life in MMOs, and security is always going to be reactive, not proactive. The only thing you can do is report the offending parties and learn to let it go. It will be dealt with.
    ----
    Murray?
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    The GMs will not descend from the heavens on a fiery steed to kill the bot right away.
    How i wish you were wrong ;)
  • patrickmaurab14_ESO
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    The GMs will not descend from the heavens on a fiery steed to kill the bot right away.

so agree, but there are far far more bots then anygame I have seen public dungeons are almost a waste of time. Why not ban the account immediately makes them more money
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »

so agree, but there are far far more bots then anygame I have seen public dungeons are almost a waste of time. Why not ban the account immediately makes them more money

No, it doesn't.

Bots/gold-sellers don't use legitimate accounts. They either compromise a real player's account or use a stolen credit card to get a few days of playtime before the charges are reversed. No money is made.

Edit: Also, there was a recent banwave, and there are not "far more bots than any game [you've] seen" unless you haven't seen other games. Once you get out of the low-level public dungeons you barely even see bots or gold-sellers in the game.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 28, 2014 1:14PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Also, there was a recent banwave, and there are not "far more bots than any game [you've] seen" unless you haven't seen other games. Once you get out of the low-level public dungeons you barely even see bots or gold-sellers in the game.
    There's a now-locked thread round here pointing out the bots have leveled up and are now infesting 30/40 zones too.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you kill the same mini-boss 2999 times in a row, you are bound to level up.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    scottie has beamed them to planet zog,
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    There's a now-locked thread round here pointing out the bots have leveled up and are now infesting 30/40 zones too.
    They exist but is far rarer, example I did all the public dungeons in Grathwood, Greenshade and it had no bots.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.