The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeons and helper lower level players

mssteffie
mssteffie
So...last night a level 12 player saw me in Stonefalls and asked me if I could help her with Fungal Grotto. I am a level 41. I agreed and although I got her to the end safely 3 times she was unable to pick up the War chiefs head. Twice I killed him than the 3rd time we let her swoop in for the kill.. it made no difference. Is this because of my level and having done it already or a glitch?

Best Answer

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is she didn't do enough damage to register. As far as I know your level only affects your own looting ability, not that of others, this sounds like the game didn't see she did enough to earn the kill: the 'killing blow' doesn't matter.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 28, 2014 11:24AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • mssteffie
    mssteffie
    Thanks!!
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, I'm guessing, but it's not too dissimilar from the problem boss campers (bots and players) cause when someone's there trying to get the kill to complete a quest and they just don't do enough damage before the camper army kills it. I saw level 20+s camping a level 7 boss, and suffered just like that.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 28, 2014 11:34AM
    Options