The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What's the logic behind bots in very low level dungeons?

sarbonn
sarbonn
✭✭✭
I was in Del's mine, or whatever it's called. It's basically a level 5-7 dungeon at most. What I've noticed is that a lot, and I mean a LOT, of people are camping out the final boss in the dungeon. He spawns and then a bunch of people automatically erupt and kill him. Then I hear a few people constantly complaining (in that dungeon) about how many bots are there (they speak in local chat not zone, so the messages are from people right there).

This got me thinking, why would people run bots in such low level areas? I mean, you might get a few low level weapons and a petty soul gem, but is there some other reason for them to be running bots in such low content?

By the way, this isn't a bot complaint. I'm just curious.
Edited by sarbonn on April 28, 2014 4:49AM
Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for blue and epic crafting items I think
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well most the bots are for gold selling sights...i farmed that boss for an hour before the bots got to bad and made 15k off of it..that was in one hour..imagen if you ran 5-10 bots there that is 75-150k an hour. it is how they make their money and banning them does not hurt the gold sellers badly. if you really want to hurt them then hunt the gold bank accounts. ( the accounts holding the gold) As for why they are farming it, it does have a chance of dropping a purple crafting mat..i do not remember what one though.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options