The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PTS youtube clip shows how broken PvP will be once AoE CAP is live, Zenimax see this!

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
A youtube user has made a video from live servers to show us how completely ruined the PVP will be with AoE cap once zergs starts stacking It will just be packs/zergs of people stacking on eachother so the AoE won't hurt them, and they will be unkillable zergs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyK9tLzG5o

This patch will kill the game, and pvp'ers will quit when this goes live and even more abilities will get capped. Cyrodiil is currently one of the few things that is fun with ESO and gives it potential, and Zenimax is actually destroying it, and destroying their own game and income (people will cancel subs and not bother paying for broken pvp) with this stupid change.

I really don't understand what Zenimax is thinking, they are literally digging their own grave on a game that already suffer from clunky combat, wep swap lag and bugs with this AoE cap. One way to keep this out of control is to make ultimates have no cap, while normal AoE has a cap of 12-15

Future mmo developers will just need to look at Zenimax as a bad example when they need to learn from old mistakes if this goes any further.
Edited by monkeymystic on April 28, 2014 12:46AM
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Clumped up, standing in all kinds of crap and they are barely losing any health.

Brilliant change this, will make for a very dynamic battlefield and great variety in combat, ehm....
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did you yank this from a thread already on the forums just to make another thread?

Especially without reading...

THAT IS FROM THE LIVE SERVER WITH CURRENT AOE CAPS!!!!!!!!!!

We have to work on getting those repealed...

Next time read and contribute to the post before making your own idiotic rant.
    Edited by Oblongship on April 28, 2014 12:33AM
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not see the other thread until now. Either way, zenimax needs to see this and realise how stupid the change is both for the players, and for their own income (people quit)
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not see the other thread until now. Either way, zenimax needs to see this and realise how stupid the change is both for the players, and for their own income (people quit)

Couldn't even read my post eh...

THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN FROM THE LIVE SERVER WITH CURRENT AOE CAPS...
    Edited by Oblongship on April 28, 2014 12:42AM
  • morpheusb16_ESO
    Wouldn't a nice fix for AOE being to effective in PvP (which appears to be what they want to "fix") be, to spread out a bit instead of building crowds? Or maybe I just didn't get the reasons for those changes (may well be).
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

This patch will kill the game, and pvp'ers will quit when this goes live and even more abilities will get capped. Cyrodiil is currently one of the few things that is fun with ESO and gives it potential, and Zenimax is actually destroying it, and destroying their own game and income (people will cancel subs and not bother paying for broken pvp) with this stupid change.

PvPers wouldnt run 24 ppl zergs in the first place :p only noobs run that. pvpers run small groups of like 6-8 ppl max.

but yea they cant put a cap on aoe without introducing some long duration aoe mezz/disorient thing that isnt capped or it will break the game.
  • loco
    loco
    ✭✭
    lao wrote: »

PvPers wouldnt run 24 ppl zergs in the first place :p only noobs run that. pvpers run small groups of like 6-8 ppl max.

but yea they cant put a cap on aoe without introducing some long duration aoe mezz/disorient thing that isnt capped or it will break the game.

Omgzzzzz pvpers can't make groups larger than 8, didn't you know!!!1!

Really?

No caps on aoe, turn on friendly fire.

• Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to GW2 PvP....Now complete with sub fees!
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Is this GW2? Honestly I can't see any difference.
    I still have nightmares from hearing the word "stack".
This discussion has been closed.