The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spent the day in Cyrodiil....

Hakoke
Hakoke
✭✭
And I've got to say I am hooked. I'm only a lvl 40 but figured I would take a break from lvling and check out the pvp. In a word it was pretty awesome.
B
Spent the whole day on the US Auriel's Bow for the DC. When I joined the Dominion was at max pop and both DC and EP where at about medium pop. EP was pretty much stomped into the ground by the Dominion most of the day, and the group I was with for DC spent most of the day playing ping pong between different keeps with one of the mighty Dominon zergs.

Defended multiple keeps and sieged multiple keeps, had some epic fights, even got in several 1v1 fights and small group stuff while traveling back to the zerg.

Over all an awesome day.

Graphics performance was nice on my 6990, had at the lowest while in large sieges for fps around 20 fps, even with all settings at max. Will be even better when we finally get crossfire support.

Edit: While 20 fps is nowhere near good it was still playable, will probably play at a lower setting once I plan to get into it. Most of the time I had around 40 fps.

A few things I noticed; lag, but it wasn't bad until late in my game play with both input lag and random drops in fps. Kind of wondering if this has to do with the memory leak some others have noticed?

Vampires. First time I saw a vampire that was obviously using vamp abilities was a sword and board tank who would wade into the middle of our group and use the bat swarm ultimate on us. After a few deaths I slotted my silver bolts and didn't worry about vamps anymore, it is really effective against them.

Travel. After each death the travel time didn't feel that bad, as long as the enemy hadn't blocked our travel routes between keeps. I actually spent at least 80% of my time fighting and not traveling, felt about right.

Anyways, once I got into the swing of things I really had fun. By the time I had to actually log off I guess the Dominon must not of had max numbers as we had been able to finally make large pushes with large success. EP had even come back into the fight and had recaptured several keeps.

I have to say, if this is what the pvp is like all the time in this game I might have a hard time finishing up my lvling and might just spend all my time in Cyrodiil.
Edited by Hakoke on April 27, 2014 11:07PM
  • mhobbs003b14a_ESO
    I agree! Love the PVP. Loving this game a lot. Still very young and a lot of fixes to come.

Mostly just want to give high praise for the game. Little more uplifting then all the complaints posted mostly by selfish people ( imo ).
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much did ZoS pay you to write this?

You may not mean it but this is written as the most whiteknight thing I have ever seen...

You took most of the complaints and wrote them like they were no big deal...This is an overly obvious whiteknight post :)
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but it is my honest opinon. Sorry if it bothers you I enjoyed myself.

As for the issues I mentioned, there nothing that some TLC from the devs couldn't fix eventually. I've played enough MMOs to expect issues, especially when it is brand new.

My opinion was in no way an attempt to diminish the importance of the issues I posted, I mentioned them just as issues I noticed. I would be way more worried about them if they are not fixed in 6 months than I am right now. Plus I've never found raging on an online forum to help with issues myself, way to many people who enjoy feeding off of it, heck I've done it once or twice for fun when bored.

As for whiteknighting, I've always felt more like a blackknight, just with a realist view of the world.

Once again sorry if my enjoyment of the PvP offended you in some way, I will attempt the next time I pvp to not have as much fun.
    Edited by Hakoke on April 27, 2014 11:11PM
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

You may not mean it but this is written as the most whiteknight thing I have ever seen...

You took most of the complaints and wrote them like they were no big deal...This is an overly obvious whiteknight post :)

He enjoys the game shh
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

He enjoys the game shh

You sshhh

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that he likes the game, I just made a comment on how his post looked. That is well within my right.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Keystone.Jones
    I love Cyrodiil too when I can get in there... the infinite loading screen is still happening and it sucks!
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    Ya I had the infinite loading screen this morning, but only once luckily.