The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What's with the foot fetish

loudent
loudent
✭✭✭
How come nearly every piece of "footwear" has half your foot bare. I'm wearing Plate armor boots but they're toeless and, apparently, don't have any soles. I mean it was one thing with light armor but, seriously, toeless, soleless plate armor boots?

what's up with that?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because toenails in Tamriel are invincible.
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    I've only noticed this with Khajiit styles. But I've also only really looked at light armor, not heavy...
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Style is modeled after Roman armor and Greeks/Romans used sandals quite a bit, I believe.

Khajiit footwear needs to be toeless because they have claws on their feet. I think it's similar for Argonians as well (I'm pretty sure they also have sandals).

Redguard cloth armor is sandals (I think) because hey, it's the desert. Feets need to breathe.

Everyone else has covered toeses, or so Moses supposes. But Moses may supposes erroneously...
    Edited by EramTheLiar on April 27, 2014 6:39PM
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All Khajiit styles, all Argonian styles, all Primal styles and some Bosmer styles, mostly low level plate which totally doesn't encompass "all". Some other styles have sandal like boots for light and medium which make sense.

You still got for heavy armor boots:
    Imperial
    Breton
    Redguard
    Orcish
    Dunmer
    Altmer
    Nord
    Barbaric
    Ancient Elf
    Daedric

Take your pick, if you like the thicker plate boots that Khajiit style has then look at Orc Dunmer and Altmer styles.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 27, 2014 6:45PM
  • JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    maybe to combat Trenchfoot
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    All Khajiit styles, all Argonian styles, all Primal styles and some Bosmer styles, mostly low level plate which totally doesn't encompass "all". Some other styles have sandal like boots for light and medium which make sense.

You still got for heavy armor boots:
    Imperial
    Breton
    Redguard
    Orcish
    Dunmer
    Altmer
    Nord
    Barbaric
    Ancient Elf
    Daedric

Take your pick, if you like the thicker plate boots that Khajiit style has then look at Orc Dunmer and Altmer styles.

Perhaps crafted styles follow that pattern but almost all plate boots drops and as quest rewards leave half y our foot bare.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Almost all quest rewards still follow racial styles, there are few exceptions with unique models, but I don't recall any for armor.If all the quests you have been doing are rewarding you with khajiit style boots or something, and you are bothered by this, it may be time to invest in crafting or buying a pair in a different style. Alternatively pick up a disguise from a quest, and keep it after the quest is done so you always have something with proper boots to switch to.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 27, 2014 8:07PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »

Perhaps crafted styles follow that pattern but almost all plate boots drops and as quest rewards leave half y our foot bare.

Quest reward styles are faction-dependent. If drops aren't your style, that's just luck of the draw, because every style can drop.
    ----
    Murray?
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed comical.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    toe capped shoes are over rated.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game needs customizable toenail colors in the cash shop. Immediately.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    A pedicure and acrylic toenails - what every adventurer really wants, deep down inside.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People actually wear dropped armor? lol

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @EramTheLiar, you get an Awesome just for the Moses Supposes riff. Thanks for the smile.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭

Not true, at all. I have not seen my feet in a very long time, and all my gear is from loot. I'm sure there are certain racial styles that are more prone to that look, but I have not seen them any like that since I was low level.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @EramTheLiar‌ are you on the NA server? Singing in the Rain Reference makes me want to friend you in game :)
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @foxsyd -- I do play on the NA server. My playtimes are pretty irregular though.
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    maybe to combat Trenchfoot
    there's Red mountain for this lol.

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan