Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] How to avoid the Dark Mane full health reset bug.(Motes in the Moonlight)

Inklings
Inklings
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVkKI50zuxQ&feature=youtu.be

A lot of people have been getting stuck on this quest for days at a time. It was stated in the last patch notes it was fix when it clearly was not. I spent 4-5 hours this morning trying to figure out a way to get this quest not to bug out. After figuring a way out i let myself die a few times after getting him not to reset just to confirm my method. I was able to recreate this scenario 3 times in a row so i know it works. Make sure you watch the whole video first and read the instructions that pop up. If you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll try to answer asap. Good luck!
Edited by Inklings on April 27, 2014 12:13PM
  • kendralq
    kendralq
    Soul Shriven
    Yep it worked. You have to kill the last set of tigers before whatever timer goes off so buff up your dps. Thanks for the video!

Oh and don't forget the 4 nasty tigers in the middle of the room when you are done :)
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kendralq wrote: »
    Yep it worked. You have to kill the last set of tigers before whatever timer goes off so buff up your dps.

Tried that a few times. I had a group in there basically insta killing them as they spawned and it still did not work. He was still resetting.

• Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    I've been stuck on this quest for 4 days. None of the methods mentioned worked for me, so I decided to mix it up.

1. Entre room and move to the statue left of the door on its left side.
    2. Dps Mane down to 50% with weapon & heals only (Avoid DOT's)
    3. When he despawns wait for cats on left & right to move to the centre of the room.
    4. When cats at the top centre spawn engage but do not move from the statue (left statue, on its left side)
    5. The Dark Mane will spawn and move to you, KILL him.

Like I say this worked for me, when other methods didn't, but give them all a try as CS don't seem to care....
  • Sen_ps
    Sen_ps
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that can be accidential but that I noticed: The mane resetted two times exactly after the cats hit me with a heavy attack.
    I could imagine that either, like someone else said, he actually reset when someone else entered the phase, or, that you may not get hit by a heavy attack.
  • jcfreakyob14_ESO
    This worked for me today. Thank you very much for the workaround.

Kindayar <><
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This worked for me today. Thank you very much for the workaround.

Kindayar <><

Awesome! Glad it helped.
  • Otherside
    Otherside
    ✭✭
    Wow that actually worked. I could not believe it when after equipping a load of AOEs and killing the tigers, the mane spawned with missing health.