The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Duel weld / Bow Builds

dabossarwb17_ESO
Im starting this "NEW" post because the last group didnt like my "Dragon Knight" commenting on there "Night blade" post (sigh racism in a game ive now seen everything). My understanding was that Race didnt dictate builds in this game?

Anyhow im looking for ideas about Duel weld / Bow builds, what skills you use and why, tactics to try using curtain skills etc.. I play mostly Solo, but any ideas are welcome.

My thinking (at level 17) is..
Hit at range with the bow (heavy shot+long shot bonus) then poison arrow as the target closes.

Knock down(using Stone fist Dragon Knight) when target is close.
(would like a knock down Stamina skill?). is there a knock down bow skill?

This gives me time to change to my blades, and finish off with twin slashes (to bleed) then flurry.

But im unsure whats a good crowd control skill when swarmed. I started with whirlwind but it didnt seem to do much damage, so went back to spiked armor. I also have Magma armor as my Ultimate.

Im using Heavy armor and adding Stamina/Health enchantments (50/50) while raising Stamina and Health attributes at 2 to1. (Stamina for attack, Health to survive)

Unsure if i should invest in extra magic, stone fist is my favorite and Spiked needs Magic too.

Have made the armor set with force back at 35% health (2x Blades + 1 item) might get me time for a potion? And the one witch gains 40% health when hidden (bow + 2 items).

Tips/ideas?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im starting this "NEW" post because the last group didnt like my "Dragon Knight" commenting on there "Night blade" post (sigh racism in a game ive now seen everything). My understanding was that Race didnt dictate builds in this game?
    Racism. *sigh* People don't like offtopic. If they make a thread about VR nightblades, they don't want to hear about pre-VR dragonknight builds because it's completely unrelated to their discussion.

Back to your build. You're not a tank, you don't need heavy armor. You can keep it for leveling, but it's not worth investing points into. You can throw in two pieces for survivability if you want, but you have access to an excellent armor buff, so I'd drop them and focus on damage instead. In your case it means medium armor. Max out that crit chance. Two pieces of light for better magicka management.

Bows don't have a knockdown, just knockback (Scatter Shot). Silver Bolts is a ranged stamina skill and provides knockdown, but only on undead and deadra.

Keep Dark Talons for rooting groups of enemies. Fiery Breath is an area attack and has interesting morphs, so look into it.
    Twin Slashes and Searing Strike have pretty good synergy with healing morphs, especially now that Burning Embers is getting patched to heal when enemy dies instead of having to run its full course.
    You want Dragon Blood (preferably Green) for self heal. When you advance in the Fighters Guild, I'd put Flawless Dawnbreaker ultimate on one bar for passive damage increase.
  • dabossarwb17_ESO
    Thank you for your reply, im old and dont have much experance playing online, so didnt understand that i was "off topic" asking my questions in what appeared to be a post about duel weld/bow builds getting beter damage? (My bad)

I thought about Med armor (started out using it), but i was taking a mass of damage (pre Bow) almost dieing on every fight (did die about 20% of the time)- so changed to heavy.

Im having trouble understanding why Damage builds should use Med armor, when a can add Stamina enchantments to Heavy armor and get higher health as well - what am i missing? (same question re light armor and magic)

I solo play 98% of the time (is that leveling?) and only work with others when i come across them in combat, so i find i need more health (tank?) to survive the swarms. Hence me looking for a crowd control option.

Dark Talons - so if i get swarmed, use and have 3 sec to...withdraw? (wont they still hit me if i cant get more than 10ft away?) or would i use it as they get close to try and deal more damage before getting swarmed? (how much could i deal in 3 sec?)

Since level 15 (getting my bow) ive been doing better, playing more like my normal Elder scrolls style. I have only died trying to kill Angof (cant work out how to complete that quest) hence needing a swarm control skill.

Dragon Blood - looking at page now, Class skill (Magic), is this a "oh crap im about to die" last gasp survival skill?
    Edited by dabossarwb17_ESO on April 28, 2014 4:39AM
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    How could it be racism when you dont even tell us your race?
  • dabossarwb17_ESO
    How could it be racism when you dont even tell us your race?

It was a joke - Dragon Knight, not being allowed to read/comment on a Night blade post.

Not important...