The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Getting angry with the amout of broken uncompleatable quests

billy_longhurstb16_ESO
Im a layed back kind of nord , but this is starting to (bug) me now , I have a stack of mounting quests im unable to complete because of the bugs! , im sure its very difficult to fix the quests .... but as I payed for a very expensive version of the game and now I start to pay a monthly Im expecting these bugs to be fixed a lot quicker !
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 45, and have found exactly (1) one bugged quest that I can't complete - everything else just needed me to reloadui or relog or there is a published workaround for. There are 2 or 3 lorebooks which I haven't been able to pick up - everything else has been workable.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
    Options
  • billy_longhurstb16_ESO
    Ive just hit 41 on the EP quest side , I have 5 and 2 big ones that stops me from completing the main area quests. I have tried everything suggested by the devs nothing works. this is why im getting fustrated
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @billy_longhurstb16_ESO

it usually helps if you post the quests and what bugs, i haven't had a bugged quest I couldn't workaround yet.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • billy_longhurstb16_ESO
    Storming the hall , i cant speak to the main guy.

Shatterd hopes , i kill worm , but the giant wont spawn

One in stonefalls , I had to light 2 becons , 1 would not light
    Options
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many of these posts we gonna get. /bug report it and move on to the next quest. Some of us have completed said quests so sometimes you have to wait. Skip it, move on try again tomorrow, keep looking at patch notes until its fixed. Next Topic!
    Options
  • billy_longhurstb16_ESO
    Its beginning to make me angry , I know there is nothing I can say to appease the drones , but I want to enjoy the game Ive payed for and I continue to pay for , not skip bugged quests.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    For mobs not spawning have you tried /reloadui then if that didn't work log out then back in? That usually works for me when the npc or mob I need isn't where the quest marker says it is supposed to be.
    Options
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    How many of these posts we gonna get. /bug report it and move on to the next quest. Some of us have completed said
    quests so sometimes you have to wait. Skip it, move on try again tomorrow, keep looking at patch notes until its fixed. Next Topic!

Kinda hard to move on when its main story quest that bugs and prevents progress
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    2x 40s, 2x 20s, all pact, and I've seen plenty of bugged quests. I'm waiting on one now actually. I'd say reloadui/relogging 15 minutes later fixes about half of them... the other half I just check periodically.

"Why is this taking so long to fix?" has crossed my mind more than once.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
    Options
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    Its beginning to make me angry , I know there is nothing I can say to appease the drones , but I want to enjoy the game Ive payed for and I continue to pay for , not skip bugged quests.
    Listen to the so-called drones when they give you advice. Don't get angry, bug report it, and move on. That way you don't waste your time and in the future, it will be fixed for others who try to do that quest. Whining here will gain you nothing.
    How many of these posts we gonna get. /bug report it and move on to the next quest. Some of us have completed said
    quests so sometimes you have to wait. Skip it, move on try again tomorrow, keep looking at patch notes until its fixed. Next Topic!

Kinda hard to move on when its main story quest that bugs and prevents progress
    If I'm not mistaken, there are other things to do besides the main quest.
    Options
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    I've finished the main quest, as have most of my guild, and many, many other people. I've never once before heard of any bug preventing completion of it. More and more often I'm seeing people blame the game for their own inabilities. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's hard to know what bugs are real sometimes when there's so many false accusations floating around.
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's hard to know what bugs are real sometimes when there's so many false accusations floating around.

Are you evaluating people's complaints to deem them legitimate or not? Some people offer helpful advice. Some people offer their condolences. What are you doing; trying to make sure people stay as pissed off as possible?
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
    Options
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winnower wrote: »
    I'm level 45, and have found exactly (1) one bugged quest that I can't complete - everything else just needed me to reloadui or relog or there is a published workaround for. There are 2 or 3 lorebooks which I haven't been able to pick up - everything else has been workable.

Same. Level 46. Just entering Coldharbor. Experienced a quest that wasn't fixable by reloading the UI, logging out and back in, or waiting for a timed reset (word is ten minutes) exactly one time.
    Edited by dietlime on April 30, 2014 2:11AM
    Options
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's hard to know what bugs are real sometimes when there's so many false accusations floating around.

Are you evaluating people's complaints to deem them legitimate or not? Some people offer helpful advice. Some people offer their condolences. What are you doing; trying to make sure people stay as pissed off as possible?

1.) There are shills on the board intentionally sowing derision even though they don't play the game. I guess that's an MMO thing?

2.) People who skip all the quest dialogue are a lot more likely to get bugged quests due to NPC actor travel times and how that can interact with the quest states.
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭

dietlime wrote: »
    2.) People who skip all the quest dialogue are a lot more likely to get bugged quests due to NPC actor travel times and how that can interact with the quest states.
    Just out of curiosity, did you read this from a developer comment somewhere?
    dietlime wrote: »
    1.) There are shills on the board intentionally sowing derision even though they don't play the game. I guess that's an MMO thing?
    Why would you assume there are shills when you just mentioned one way you assume quests get bugged? I've played through 120+ levels (over multiple characters) since release and I've seen plenty of bugged quests, so I have no reason to assume that someone is full of sh** when they're complaining about bugged quests. Maybe I'm a shill?
    Options
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere did I indicate I was "evaluating" anything, nor did I attempt to *** anyone off. You might want to take some of your own advice though.
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nowhere did I indicate I was "evaluating" anything, nor did I attempt to *** anyone off. You might want to take some of your own advice though.

More and more often I'm seeing people blame the game for their own inabilities. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's hard to know what bugs are real sometimes when there's so many false accusations floating around.

Yeah, you're not helping anything by going into a complaint thread and posting this stuff. Implying that people are either lying or the the cause of their own problems isn't going to do anything but *** them off. I mean if that's what you're going for, good job?
    Options
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm not saying that's the case here"
    Dude, what is your problem? You are the only one pissing people off here. Stop trying to imply *** that just isn't true!

I WAS helping when I said, "I've finished the main quest, as have most of my guild, and many, many other people. I've never once before heard of any bug preventing completion of it." You need to turn off that selective reading of yours and stop being a ***.
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I'm not saying that's the case here"
    Dude, what is your problem? You are the only one pissing people off here. Stop trying to imply *** that just isn't true!

I WAS helping when I said, "I've finished the main quest, as have most of my guild, and many, many other people. I've never once before heard of any bug preventing completion of it." You need to turn off that selective reading of yours and stop being a ***.

You were helping by saying that you and your friends haven't seen any of these problems and you weren't sure if people complaining about them had a legitimate reason to?
    Options
  • elio11111_ESO
    I have been v10 for about 3 weeks now. I have most achievements for doing all the quests in the zone I only found 2 quests that were broken. You either don't know what you're doing or you don't know that reloggin can fix most quest issues.
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i encounter bugged quests ALL the time and time - and more and more...it is becoming really annoying...again one i cant complete right now in storm haven...this and the unresponsive combat are the two major issues for me right now.
    Options
  • billy_longhurstb16_ESO
    I post in here because im am expressing my discontent with the game as its current state , and as this is the zenimax pve ebornheart forum I feel I have a right to post here as im NOT a sheil Im a paying community member and i WANT to enjoy this game.

If I buy any product I buy that is broken I will attempt to contact the seller, I have filled out a GM help response but its been over a few days now without any reply.

Im sure most of you have no problems with your quests and that brilliant , but I do , and I usually repeat them about 3 times a day in hope they fix or I do something different but they always break at the same point.

People are so willing to jump to the defense of the game that just makes this experience more frustrating.
    Options
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe fanbois are so defensive about this game that they call BS on bugs, trying to de-legitimize issues in order to keep the game broken...think I have seen it all now.
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to have a bugged quest that didnt fix itself by quitting the game and logging back in as a last resort. I wonder if your problems are zone specific? Ive been playing daggerfall mostly
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Only quest I can't finish so far is the Deeshan quest, "School Daze" at the Shad Astula academy. I can't get past helping the last student (Tedras Relvi), as the orbs won't activate.

I still got completion for Deeshan by doing enough quests, so it doesn't bother me that much. Currently in Coldharbour on level 47.

There might be a fix for it I am unsure, I know it was a common bug.
    Options
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those types of bugs, I found relogging a few times always worked.
    Options
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    For those types of bugs, I found relogging a few times always worked.

Yep. I had only "Final Assault" bugged all through EP this round (last brazier was a PITA).

But I did have to relog a few times to be able see and/or interact with a few NPC/objects. That is not so much an individual quest bug, but some other bug.

Edited by Yankee on May 4, 2014 10:29PM
    Options
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe fanbois are so defensive about this game that they call BS on bugs, trying to de-legitimize issues in order to keep the game broken...think I have seen it all now.

You don't think the devs rely on these forums to find out whether or not there are bugs, do you? Yeah, you probably do; you also probably think every bug can be fixed instantly, and if it isn't, it's just from a lack of whining on the forums.
    Edited by Melian on May 4, 2014 10:31PM
    Options