Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Increasing rank in Mages Guild

Armoril
Armoril
✭✭✭
From what I read, the only way to increase your ranking in this skill line is to collect the lorebooks. Is that true?

I have been collecting these things like crazy. I even looked up locations of all the known lorebooks in each zone and have spent hours picking all of them up. But the ranking in this skill line doesn't seem to be increasing. At least not as fast as the other skill lines. And I have collected tons of them
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    If i remember corectly -it incrase by 5 points (or maybe 10?) every time you colect the book.
    You can also chceck how many books you allready colected in your Journal

Mage guild skill line do not incrase at all by sloting it at a bar- only separate skill geting experience
    Options
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    Well at the moment I have 130 out of 297 Lorebooks, and my ranking in the Mages Guild skill line is rank 7. I believe all or maybe just most skill lines cap out at rank 50. So this is what I was really wondering about, because if you do the math, there's no way it'll get to rank 50 even if I did collect all of them. Probably only rank 13 or 14 at most, considering I have nearly half of them. Does Mages Gulid not cap at 50?
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some skill lines cap at 10 I believe. This might be one of them
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    Options
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Some skill lines cap at 10 I believe. This might be one of them

I thought this might be the case. The ultimate unlocks at rank 10

Options
  • Nick_Klaus
    Mages guild cap at level 10.
    Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta work it if you wanna earn that Meteor.
    Options
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Guild skill lines caps at 10, you get 5 xp per book found (or 1 xp per daedra killed for Fighters). And you get your meteor in around veteran levels, sadly the lack of books in the areas does not allow you to get it quicker, I was in the veteran rank 4 area when I finally got my Meteor.
    Options
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    Finishing the sets gives a bonus 20 towards Mages Guild as well. So 10/10 each zone set is worth 70
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    To reach rank 10 you need to collect every lorebook in your main land and about half of them in your vet zones 1-5.
    Consider to install lorebooks location add on. I spent not more than 1 hour in total for all the lorebooks with that add on.
    Options
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Think Meteor could use a damage buff seeing that it does about 1k damage. Unless its based on spell power and the amount of Magicka a player has.
    Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Almost level 10 mages guild... so close I can taste it.
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poochie wrote: »
    Think Meteor could use a damage buff seeing that it does about 1k damage. Unless its based on spell power and the amount of Magicka a player has.

If it does magika damage, it most certainly is.
    Options
  • big1whittle1
    big1whittle1
    Soul Shriven
    Those that have 297 lore books must have not finished story...

My lore journal says I have 560/2327
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

theres two seperate lorebook you can find, they fit into two sections one is shalidor's library which is the purple lorebooks that give you mage guild exp, the second is eidetic memory which is what you get when you finish the mage guild questline these don't give you anything but achievements.

You get mage guild exp per book from shalidor's library (purple ones) and an extra 20 xp when you complete a set.

You will hit rank 10 around about midway through cadwell silver if you get all the books from all the zones.

Nice necro thread though :D
    Edited by leepalmer95 on July 21, 2015 2:18PM
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

theres two seperate lorebook you can find, they fit into two sections one is shalidor's library which is the purple lorebooks that give you mage guild exp, the second is eidetic memory which is what you get when you finish the mage guild questline these don't give you anything but achievements.

You get mage guild exp per book from shalidor's library (purple ones) and an extra 20 xp when you complete a set.

You will hit rank 10 around about midway through cadwell silver if you get all the books from all the zones.

Nice necro thread though :D

Mannimarco smiles

http://orig10.deviantart.net/3f97/f/2007/144/b/3/mannimarco_king_of_the_worms_by_hashakgig1106.jpg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    If i remember corectly -it incrase by 5 points (or maybe 10?) every time you colect the book.

Just to add to this.

You get 5 points for each Blue Glowing Lore Book
    You get an additional 20 points for finishing a collection.

The most common collection to finish is all the books for the zone you are in. But I also got the Dwemer one on one of my characters.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally hit rank 10 on my nightblade at veteran 6, and was wholly underwhelmed by meteor. It's a cool gimmick, but I'll stick with flawless dawnbreaker.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I play as an DK I think it's fun to reflect the meteor ultimate on people. The simple "Eh why aren't you dead" followed up by that "WTF OMG!?" is the best thing ever.

不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I play as an DK I think it's fun to reflect the meteor ultimate on people. The simple "Eh why aren't you dead" followed up by that "WTF OMG!?" is the best thing ever.

as a magicka dk i like reflecting the reflected meteor against other dk's and watching them get 1 shot by a meteor with 40% + 70% more dmg :P
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • NICK_PHOENIX
    NICK_PHOENIX
    Soul Shriven
    You can no longer reflect the meteor at least on Xbox that is
    Options
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    poochie wrote: »

You need to rank in up to 4, morph it, then rank up again to 4. Also, it scales with level i believe. My Ice Comet tooltip says 8k damage. It does NOT need a buff.
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I finally hit rank 10 on my nightblade at veteran 6, and was wholly underwhelmed by meteor. It's a cool gimmick, but I'll stick with flawless dawnbreaker.

Meteor will hit harder overall than Dawnbreaker but the weapon damage passive Flawless gives you makes it a better choice for stam nb. I use both. Flawless on DW bar for passive and ice comet on Bow bar foe the actual ultimate use.
    Options
  • drinkingbeerub17_ESO
    drinkingbeerub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So I have run through all the AD zones and Finished Cold Harbor plus Cridill collecting all books.

I am at 9 2/3 level 9. I must be missing some books because I cant seem to hit lvl 10.

Where are I funking up?
    Options
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    You get quite a big boost when you get all books in a zone too,.. it really doesn't take that long to level mages guild up unless you're on a console without an addon ofc... then I feel your pain.
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 year old thread...

Inb4 lock
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options