The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorc Vamp Bat Swarm.

gumboeb17_ESO
I play on EP Bloodthorn. What is going on with this Bat Swarm skill and people being unkillable and wiping out large groups of 30+ people. How do you stop them?

I've tried silver bolts, CC, Everything i can throw at them and nothing works.

I've just rage quit because of DC players using this and they are unstoppable.

I know the game is still young and there's many balance things to come but this is killing pvp for me and others right now.
GumBo72.
Xbone EU.
Azuras Star Campaign.
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, this skill is leeching life from enemy players in melee.

When you see a guy popping his bat swarm, you have to stay the hell away from him and dps him down.

Problem is, when in a big group, some people are always going to stay next to the vamp and let him regen. This ultimate is far less effective in 1c1 situations, but since vampires tend to stack ultimate cost reduction, they can use it every 5 seconds or so.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have heard there is a bug, while in mist form (taking 25%) damage he can cast Bats for 0 ultimate which means he can stack it 10, 20 , 30 times as many times as he hits the R key. Coupled with the fact he should not be able to heal but the bats are healing him like crazy he is nearly unkillable. Best best is to try and use just ranged attacks and run from him. One of these guys wiped 20 Vets solo by dropping on us as we attacked a keep, another attacked 40 and only went down when nearly every meele character was dead and the ranged were to spread out for him to hit all at once.
    Edited by AshTal on April 26, 2014 3:52PM
  • grabbintrionb14_ESO
    The ultimate cost reduction stacks ADDITIVELY which means you can stack it all the way to 95% or higher for bat swarm and cast it for like 12 ultimate or less and have it refresh almost instantly. With the morph that heals you, you can become unkillable as long as you are surrounded by enemies
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    This problem has allready been addressed where not only Bat swamp but all but healing aoes will be nerfed to cap at 6 players at once that can be affected. A bad way of doing it if you ask me but meh. That opinion is for another thread.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • gumboeb17_ESO
    Disable all Werewolf and Vampire abilities in Cyrodiil.

Easy fix.
    Edited by gumboeb17_ESO on April 27, 2014 2:13AM
    GumBo72.
    Xbone EU.
    Azuras Star Campaign.
  • BabylonRocker
    BabylonRocker
    ✭✭✭
    nvm, quoted in the wrong thread
    Edited by BabylonRocker on April 27, 2014 8:02PM