Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are campaigns 90 days?

Lowbei
Lowbei
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently this system rewards only the jobless basement dwellers with emperor status. With 90 day timers, its literally impossible for anyone with a job to become emperor. Why not a week?
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because then youll have 360358057+ people running around with "Former Emperor" titles
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you exaggerate badly.

a few dozen out of thousands.
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    I only play like 5-6 hours a day and I am still top15 on my campaign... never gonna get Emperor the buff gives them just to big of a lead but I am happy with top20.
    Igolbug
    V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its not about if you can get on the top leaderboard, i do that and i only pvp 3-4 hours a day at most. its "almost" enough to catch up to them, but over time after a month or so the gap only continues to grow.

again, im not hearing any valid reasons that it cant be a week or two. a million emperors is irrelevant since the same people will still be grinding in the same campaign. thus the leaderboard will look roughly the same, just with a better chance for working people to get it.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    yeah its not about if you can get on the top leaderboard, i do that and i only pvp 3-4 hours a day at most. its "almost" enough to catch up to them, but over time after a month or so the gap only continues to grow.

again, im not hearing any valid reasons that it cant be a week or two. a million emperors is irrelevant since the same people will still be grinding in the same campaign. thus the leaderboard will look roughly the same, just with a better chance for working people to get it.

Just use Mist form + Bat swam ultimate exploit and you are top of the chain :D

• joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how I feel about the length of time, although I think a couple weeks is way too short if we want the title to be an exclusive thing (I do). Realistically, if you can't PvP much normally, you can just PvP a lot right after the reset and have a good shot at Emperor. For some reason I was under the impression that the only points that matter are those that you've gained since the last Emperor was crowned, which would make the campaign reset point pretty moot, but I can't find the source for that now so I was probably mistaken.

Either way, I like that it's difficult for a lot of people to become Emperor. I even like the idea that potentially only 1 person in your alliance might be Emperor over a 3 month period. It makes things feel more persistent and immersive. What kind of alliance chooses a different Emperor every 2 days? That said, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting down the reset point by even as much as a month.

As far as why it is as it is: Maybe the point of making it 3 months is to match bulk subscription plan options?

Edit: Those of you saying you "only" PvP 3-6 hours a day are not really helping the case that it's possible for regular peeps to become Emperor. Seriously, I have enough trouble finding more than 1 hour a day to play usually, due to all the other real life things I have/want to do. I might play much longer on a free day, but 6 hours a day is not really possible for average folk. (I used to do this actually, but after a year or so I felt really depressed and came to the conclusion that there's something wrong if you play a game that much, at least if you have anything else that you could be doing in your life.)
    Edited by joshisanonymous on April 26, 2014 4:23PM
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... so you are saying that its ok to have one emperor for 3 months because you like consistancy or lore?

lol
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... so you are saying that its ok to have one emperor for 3 months because you like consistancy or lore?

lol

Yes. Well, I said more than that, but if you want to oversimplify my response, feel free. Sorry if I've disappointed you.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

Yes. Well, I said more than that, but if you want to oversimplify my response, feel free. Sorry if I've disappointed you.

dont worry

i forgive you :smiley:
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Always better then in Daoc where is one parade per server and you can only reach the first hoping he doesn't play anymore :)
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Are there not end of campaign rewards? A campaign has yet to end so we don't know what rewards we will get. If the reward is great, then I wouldn't be worried about campaigns being so long.
  • ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Foxhunt wrote: »
    Are there not end of campaign rewards? A campaign has yet to end so we don't know what rewards we will get. If the reward is great, then I wouldn't be worried about campaigns being so long.

I'm not gonna be happy when I get another set of green Kresh Slippers of Majicka, then.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... the campaign reward tiers are only 3 lvls high...

i have been capped at reward lvl 3 since my first day rvring.

and we already know what rewards we get because we got them in beta.
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think 3 months is fine. I dont see a problem with it. the Emperor status sould be really rare or it will lose its point.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.