The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon Quests Locked Content

Turial
Turial
✭✭✭
So while levelling I have been trying to do my dungeons with me as I go, but after I while I skipped a dungeon or two to just focus on levelling and I realised that if you out-level a dungeon then you can no longer pick up the quest which effectively stops you from getting that skill point. I originally thought it was just bugged but now I am sure.

Can anyone give me information on whether there is a way to attain these skillpoints later in the game, maybe after hitting Vet levels? Seems a shame to completely miss out on points simply because you wanted to wait and do them later.
Edited by Turial on May 6, 2014 12:20PM
"Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with information on this or how to circumvent the loss of skillpoints?
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Options
  • LuckyMic
    LuckyMic
    Look for a group and port to the dungeon via map....
    Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Look for a group and port to the dungeon via map....

You misunderstood, I can enter the dungeon, I can complete the dungeon but it is impossible to attain the quest for it which prevents me from getting that skillpoint.
    Never Forget

Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Any official ZOS thoughts on this?
    Never Forget

Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already did the quest. You can pick up any quest at any level, and out-leveling a dungeon does not prevent you from picking up its associated quest.
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 6, 2014 7:35PM
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    1. Yes, it does
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 6, 2014 7:32PM
    Never Forget

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already did the quest. You can pick up any quest at any level, and out-leveling a dungeon does not prevent you from picking up its associated quest.
    Quest might also be bugged so you have to exit dungeon and try it again.
    Happened some times to me.

Has had veteran players picking up quests in normal dungeons so it should work at any level.
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 6, 2014 7:38PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought, "I'll just let him continue to live in a fantasy world." Then I realized how much happier I would be to post proof of how wrong you are.

Here is my VR3 (check out the armor for proof) sitting in Fungal Grotto, normal level (as evidenced by the quest-giver). I skipped over this when leveling. That glowing arrow above her head is... wait for it... a quest!

oar6JLz.jpg?1

Good thing you didn't have any money riding on this.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on May 6, 2014 5:32PM
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean... wow. I'm just going to refer back to this thread any time you want people to take you seriously.

There's the screenshot. It flat-out proves you wrong. That's a fact. You can't argue with it. Feel free to rage at me all you want, but you're wrong about not being able to pick up quests in dungeons after you've out-leveled them. The proof is right here in the thread, and rather than admit that you were wrong, you've just started insulting people.

P.S. Do the game world the courtesy of not making "Nerevarine" into a nick-name. For those of us who played Morrowind, it just sounds wrong.
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 6, 2014 7:51PM
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why the hostility here, OP. You were mistaken or bugged. Be happy? Now you can get those skill points.
    Edited by Shimond on May 6, 2014 6:05PM
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Zaria pointed out, Turial's character may have been bugged. Either way, you have a horrible manner when replying to people, so the 'troll' label isn't completely unwarranted.

For example, I have probably browsed 6 new topics this evening and you have popped up in half of those with the boorish "Use Search" comment.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    As Zaria pointed out, Turial's character may have been bugged. Either way, you have a horrible manner when replying to people, so the 'troll' label isn't completely unwarranted.

For example, I have probably browsed 6 new topics this evening and you have popped up in half of those with the boorish "Use Search" comment.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I think the last time I even used the words "use search" was pre-release. I certainly haven't used them today.

And regardless, the OP has been complaining about dungeons not being designed for over-leveled solo play for a while now. I get harsh when people start making up game mechanics to support their non-existent point.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on May 6, 2014 6:15PM
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's another thread on this somewhere around here that stated a lot of the dungeon quests that give skill points don't work. It was a very detailed post with detailed listings and illustrations.
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another thread on this somewhere around here that stated a lot of the dungeon quests that give skill points don't work. It was a very detailed post with detailed listings and illustrations.

There you go Nev. And no I am not confused, but maybe I should have said 'variants of', if you're going to be literal.

This game (and the world) may not be new to you, but for many people it is and (the eights willing) will be drawing new players to it for years. This forum should be the one place that players can come and ask their questions without being ridiculed or talked down to.

ETA: The information you gave in your first reply here wasn't an issue. The unnecessary 'blind' comment certainly is.
    Edited by KariTR on May 6, 2014 6:26PM
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

There you go Nev. And no I am not confused, but maybe I should have said 'variants of', if you're going to be literal.

This game (and the world) may not be new to you, but for many people it is and (the eights willing) will be drawing new players to it for years. This forum should be the one place that players can come and ask their questions without being ridiculed or talked down to.

I went ahead and looked at my recent posting history. I see mostly answers to questions, so again, you have me confused with someone else.

You also have the OP confused with someone who hasn't been using the forum as a soapbox to complain about mechanics that either don't exist or are functioning as intended. I have no patience for that. Kudos to you if you do.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to both of you for adding your point, I refuse to deal with named troll as he has nothing but smug comments that insult everyone, every single time. Not a single post of his gives an answer without insulting anybody, I just have no tolerance for ***.

So yeah, people have been bugged on this several times but still no official answer which is what I would like to see.
    Never Forget

Options
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Just a reminder that while it's okay to have disagreements, we ask that all posts on our forums be respectful and constructive. Please avoid personal attacks. If you have any questions, be sure to review the Code of Conduct. Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AS a VR6 Player going back to finish all the Dungeons i skipped, Yes they will give you the Quest and as a reward the Skillpoint + Item according to the rest.

What CAN happen is that you enter the Dungeon with a Group and the first one inside grabs the Quest, which will start the "Event" ... IF you are not inside or nearby ... well you are ***. No Quest for you.
    Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    AS a VR6 Player going back to finish all the Dungeons i skipped, Yes they will give you the Quest and as a reward the Skillpoint + Item according to the rest.

What CAN happen is that you enter the Dungeon with a Group and the first one inside grabs the Quest, which will start the "Event" ... IF you are not inside or nearby ... well you are ***. No Quest for you.

I am familiar with quests being started and locked early thanks to pugging lol but with regards to coming back as VR, are you sure you are not confusing the VR quest with the non-VR quest? I am aware dungeons have 2 versions hence 2 quests, I am speaking of the basic quests here getting locked out.
    Never Forget

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes quests in dungeons sometime bugs out.
    Not always I had an dungeon quest I picked up not knowing it was an group dungeon so I exited and did the next day. The other was able to pick up including one VR1 and one VR10.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Not always I had an dungeon quest I picked up not knowing it was an group dungeon so I exited and did the next day. The other was able to pick up including one VR1 and one VR10.

While at the dungeons level, I never had a quest bug out but as soon as I overlevelled the quest has been constantly bugged out or locked out.
    Never Forget

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

While at the dungeons level, I never had a quest bug out but as soon as I overlevelled the quest has been constantly bugged out or locked out.
    Banished cell had an bug who often showed up this was fixed.
    had one bug with quests in the Ebonheart pact level 32 dungeon, exiting and regroup the party solved this.
    As most other quest bugs they only come up some times making them hard to track down.
    Options