Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf Apparently OP?

Rosebloome
Rosebloome
✭✭
Werewolf
Savage Strength I: The stamina bonus this ability provides from kills has been decreased. Savage Strength II’s bonus is unchanged.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1

Wooow. Much sad.

• Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    ... Yeah. What the hell is up with that? Really would be nice to get Dev Feedback on Werewolfs.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    ... Yeah. What the hell is up with that? Really would be nice to get Dev Feedback on Werewolfs.

Yes. It makes no sense. In terms of sense, this is like Billy Gates declaring bankruptcy.

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They clearly have not tested this at all. Werewolf right now is an absolute joke. It's supposed to be an Ultimate(form) yet ends up making you much weaker than your normal form.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    They clearly have not tested this at all. Werewolf right now is an absolute joke. It's supposed to be an Ultimate(form) yet ends up making you much weaker than your normal form.

For the base cost of a 950 Ultimate ability, passives unable to be used out of werewolf transformed form aside from 1 that only works with werewolf transform slotted. For a form with only 2 active abilities andu anble to use any other abilities. I'd expect it to be a juggernaut when active.

Nerfing Werewolf and not fixing buggy pack leader morph, but fixing up Vampire just feels like a slap in the face.

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, I really hope ZoS at least mentions they are looking into improving werewolves.
  • Darkholynova
    Wait... rank 2 is unchanged. So this means it has no effect unless you only put 1 point in it. Assuming you're dedicated to buying all the werewolf traits, you probably took both ranks of this ability and it won't change anything for you.
    Edited by Darkholynova on April 26, 2014 5:06AM
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wait... rank 2 is unchanged. So this means it has no effect unless you only put 1 point in it. Assuming you're dedicated to buying all the werewolf traits, you probably took both ranks of this ability and it won't change anything for you.

While I agree that this change ultimately does nothing to anyone seriously invested in Werewolf, I still find it silly that they decided to make such a change to a single ability when the entire skill line is in rather desperate need of a revamp.
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Seems odd to me. Werewolves, the way they play, just like in Skyrim, are only effective up to level 20... yet it's a quest for much higher, min the 30s unless you find someone to give you a bite or you are really tanky. And doing the quest is a PITA to boot. I don't understand how they think it is balanced in its current set up.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Well... this is an odd and not at all thought out change. Why even bother with anything, if this is something that got approved and made it into testing and most likely live. Nerf stage one, because yeah, we all know WW are so OP at the moment... this cracks me up, I am WW rank 10 and have not once used the Ultimate since I got there - WW form is garbage.
  • Ikumarbeh
    Ikumarbeh
    ✭✭

Yeah! FFS!

But puting myself in a developers place, if I were a dev, I would avoid comenting the whole issue seeing how bad it realy is. Right now, if anyone tries to make official statement, he'll just be crucified, people will put every word under microscope.
    One cannot say anything about WW that would calm us or satisfy us - yeah, I feel it's that bad right now.

So maybe it's better if they keep quiet about it and not utter a word. Just do something - anything, whatever.

Do something FFS and stop with that s**t! I believed so hard in 1.1.0, I actualy thought that devs are taking it seriously and are just keeping maturely quiet about it, and just work on it. Well... i think what we got from 1.1.0 is crap.

Being a Nightblade WW feels like im *** or something -.- The buggiest class (receiving CRAP attention in 1.1.0) and the most gimping char-build ever cos of WW.

But thats what I like to be... thats who I feel I am in this fantasy world, and will remain true to the idea and imagination. Idc if I'm at recount bottom in dungeon DPS... idc if I make sacrifises with the most important mechanics just to try and revolve around WW playstyle...
    That doesn't mean I am not offended. That doesn't mean I haven't been lied to. I was promised great ideas, I cashed down the ESO Idea, and I got neglection in return.

Yeah yeah... "It's only been two weeks or so... have seen worst MMO start-offs etc." But there were much huger problems, like everywhere. 1.1.0 presents fixes to semi-important stuff, or stuff I NEVER encountered and I play more than 50 hours a week! Wtf...

I never choped wood off my horse?? And who the F cares?? Seriously? I think it's kinda fun, choping wood off my ffsen horse back. You could have fixed Pack Leader instead!!

Edited by Ikumarbeh on April 26, 2014 5:04PM
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves can 3 shot players
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jynN_L-xVCY
    Edited by JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO on April 26, 2014 5:28PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean to tell me , it is exactly like skyrim :P??

Well , only dif is that in skyrim you could be useless anytime you wanted , here you need the ultimate.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO

No where in the video shows the 10+ mins of farming up for the 925 ultimate cost....

Also WW form lasted barely enough time to finish off that giant + WW health was getting low =/

Lets see a vamp video with the same fight and lvl.
    Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on April 26, 2014 5:35PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate , werewolves are meant to be worse than vamps , poison dmg is NOTHING compared to fire dmg also they dont get health regen reduction.

Granted , maybe that is the reason a vamp can always use their power and a WW needs the ultimate.

With that said , i do believe they should get a buff.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you actually to get your ww form in Cyrodill you are a monster, it should last longer though
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Once you actually to get your ww form in Cyrodill you are a monster, it should last longer though

Yea.... monstrously a joke. They are so funny to see cause a few quick poison arrows and they drop like a level 1 against a vet 10.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea.... monstrously a joke. They are so funny to see cause a few quick poison arrows and they drop like a level 1 against a vet 10.

Just like vampires burn instantly to any fire spell... oh wait
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭

Vampires have this thing called mist form, which reduces incoming damage by 75% and is spammable, has a speed boost, and they have an aoe health drain on top of their normal one as an ultimate, on top of a passive that reduces damage by half when they get close to 30% HP.

Werewolves are made of toilet paper on the other hand so it isn't even a proper comparison.

Especially considering a good amount of vampires are dark elves with the fire resist, negating that weakness, while very few people are Bosmer because Bosmer racials are bad.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

Mate , werewolves are meant to be worse than vamps , poison dmg is NOTHING compared to fire dmg also they dont get health regen reduction.

Granted , maybe that is the reason a vamp can always use their power and a WW needs the ultimate.

With that said , i do believe they should get a buff.
    Fire damage can be reduced by spell resistance. Now add the damage reduction from just being a vampire which is a possible 75% damage reduction + 50% damage reduction below 50% HP + spell resistance. From the vampire passives and your spell resistance you should not be dying from any fire because the vampire basically negates any weakness.

Now werewolves don't have any defenses or excellent offensive skills. Werewolves are also unable to break out of any CC or dodge. The ultimate cost is way too high and unrealistic to actually reach in PvP situations. The werewolf timer is too short and the extra time you get is mediocre because no enemy will just fall over dead and not CC you 'till your timer is up. All the passives except one only work in werewolf form which is only 1% of your gameplay. For a form you are barely in you are still getting major debuffs. Also, the damage you do in werewolf form can be reached in your normal form, so you're just basically nerfing yourself by becoming a werewolf. Overall, werewolf is very weak.

• ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭

It's obvious you don't PvP a lot or you haven't even gotten werewolf form. You want to know the number of werewolves I've seen in PvP use werewolf form? One. You want to know how many werewolves I see killing anyone in werewolf form? None. You want to know how long most werewolves who use werewolf form in PvP actually last? Ten seconds tops, and that's if the other side didn't see them first.

The fact you try to underplay how much mitigation vampires actually get as well as special effects that help them, not hinder them, unlike the werewolf form, the fact we have to waste the ultimate slot to transform and we get absolutely NONE of our special perks as a werewolf unless we transform, but we get ALL of our weaknesses without being transformed, where as a vampire gets a kick-ass ultimate, an immunity buff power, and the ability to still use their regular moves and powers. Seriously, stop deluding yourself.
    Edited by ChampionSheWolf on April 27, 2014 12:48AM
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭

No, he's right, they are fairly monstrous. I've killed vet players 1v1 as a werewolf while not being vet myself. They do have that raw power and durability advantage.

The problem is that in mass pvp a werewolf is just a big obvious target with no CC prevention and just gets destroyed, while in a one-on-one fight, they're still completely screwed if the other player has the fighter's guild passive. So when the stars align and the werewolf is fighting 1v1 against non-fighter's guild with no CC, they do fairly well.

They only suck 90% of the time. :neutral_face:

The problem is that vampire is sort of the opposite and is powerful in 90% of the situations, and having silver bolts only potentially halts the problem if you A ) hit first and B ) can rotate it constantly.
    Edited by MasterLanz on April 27, 2014 9:52PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offence, but any competent vet would absolutely destroy a player in Werewolf form, if said player can't he'll easily avoid you until the form runs out in which you'll likely stand a better chance of killing him anyway.

Let's be honest here, Werewolf is a joke for it's cost. You're better off staying as you are or rolling as a Vampire in PvP.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offence, but any competent vet would absolutely destroy a player in Werewolf form, if said player can't he'll easily avoid you until the form runs out in which you'll likely stand a better chance of killing him anyway.

Let's be honest here, Werewolf is a joke for it's cost. You're better off staying as you are or rolling as a Vampire in PvP.

^This.

I find it hilarious that some blindly say how "great" the Werewolf is. Though I could be falling for a troll... If you can win in a 1v1, I would like to know what skilled players you beat? Any half decent player is going to have at least 1 CC on his bar. Which is all he needs against a Werewolf and in a game with no cds.

That damage video is also sad. That's pre-vet content. Look how much damage he is taking against 1 mob. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, except he had 0 ways of effectively recovering his health mid fight.

Fact: The Werewolf makes you weaker by stripping away your versatility/skill lines and doing nothing to make up for it(for an outrageous cost).

King of Beasts

• Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Since Savage Strength II is unchanged... it won't really affect you.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anzaman wrote: »
    Since Savage Strength II is unchanged... it won't really affect you.

Isn't the point at all...

• Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is Zenimax's way in saying " To all you werewolf out there, we don't care" and that they put something on the patch notes to troll us.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    In the patchnotes they dont nerf the overpowered Vampire skills, but nerf the ww skills nice one :D
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.