Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Does Medium Armour skill Evasion remain active after weapon swap?

Samadhi
Samadhi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Does anyone know for certain if Evasion remains active after swapping weapons?

When I cast it then swap weapons, part of the buff's graphic effect appears to wear off; my character loses the transparency effect, but keeps the white cloud effect.
Is this indicative that the buff is not actually remaining active, or simply a minor graphic glitch?
Edited by Samadhi on April 25, 2014 11:44PM
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have done some testing and its seems that I sometime do dodge If I change my tab. I am not sure though when the buff is active. I will try some more . It wouldn't be much of a problem form my DW/Bow build though.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Lenthas
    Lenthas
    Its a duration buff not a toggle ability so it should remain on you (look at dk molten weapons buff for example).
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    I have done some testing and its seems that I sometime do dodge If I change my tab. ...

Thank you for the testing.
    Lenthas wrote: »
    Its a duration buff not a toggle ability so it should remain on you (look at dk molten weapons buff for example).

Thank you for the look at the mechanics behind it.

I ultimately decided to swap this skill out while I tried messing around with some other things, but it is good to have this feedback in case I decide to swap it back in.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does this skill seem to suck though? Light armor is being changed to absorb 100% magic and the heavy armor we all know is pretty darn awesome but Evasion just seems awful. I would love to use in combination of Blur but I think Blur is broken.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does this skill seem to suck though? Light armor is being changed to absorb 100% magic and the heavy armor we all know is pretty darn awesome but Evasion just seems awful. I would love to use in combination of Blur but I think Blur is broken.

I used to use Mirage (the Blur morph) and I would see the Off Balance effect pop up on enemies while in combat. To my comprehension, the Off Balance was a chance effect so it should be popping up less frequently than the misses, which leads me to think it is working.
    Generally speaking I found myself surviving better in group PvP with it on; I did not formally test with an addon to watch for misses though.

I didn't like using my Magicka for Mirage, so I wanted to try Evasion in its place. The morph of it should give around 22% dodge rate on full Medium armour build; roughly 1/5 of attacks missing all together seemed nice to me. I never got around to keeping it in my build for a prolonged period.

I do feel the medium armour buff skill seems to be the short end of the stick compared to the other options though.
    I may still put it or Blur back into my build and formally test this time around though; however, not quite yet.
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am a Stamina build so I need a defensive Magicka ability which draws me towards blur. I try to use the reflect/absorb sword and board skill but it seems a little too situational. It's amazing when I get a huge heal from it from someones crystal shard and I think the extra block mitigation is nice but Mirage sounds like it could be sweet if it works on everything since I lack in the CC department.

I tried using both for PvP but never could really get both buffs rolling without gimping myself but I did see the graphic and the buff still on me when I performed a weapon swap.