Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

WW/VAMP affect on NPCs

nightwalkerrobin_ESO
I have not seen any discussion on this, or I just missed it. When you become a Vamp or a WW, what are the reactions of the NPCs?

As an idea for the WW change, make it toggle-able at no cost, or a small cost, but if you do it in a city you get attacked by the guards. Same for vamps as they don't feed.

I know in Oblivion as a vamp went without feeding they got noticed and I believe the guards would eventually attack them. I am not sure as I did not play, but watched my son play Oblivion. He loved the vampire in that game.
  • malais
    malais
    No change at all.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in skyrim , after the DLC , people would just get a bit worried , but nothing would change for the most part , just like in this game.

I do agree they should do something for the WW , i understand and agree they should be worse than the vampires since they have a much smaller problem , but being able to transform more often would certainly make people happy.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately nobody notices, nor do they care.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, especially weird going through Rivenspire DC side at vr 3. . .won't spoil anything just /facepalm all day, /facepalm.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • alexion891ub17_ESO
    Nope, especially weird going through Rivenspire DC side at vr 3. . .won't spoil anything just /facepalm all day, /facepalm.

You thought that was weird just wait until you get to alik'r desert on a certain quest.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    My characters's red eyes? No, he is a holy hero! He using Drain ability? It is just a wind... or rats.

Facepalmed all time in Rivenspire.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    I'd like them to acknowledge the fact that you are a vampire or werewolf like NPC's yelling at you or something but guards attacking you is a little more difficult it would make progression almost impossible and every vendor or bank transaction incredibly tedious if not out right impossible.

Can't store items, can't repair, can sell or buy things that's a little too much of a punishment if you do that they better be able to "kill" guards and take 15 people to hurt them in pvp lol.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

You thought that was weird just wait until you get to alik'r desert on a certain quest.
    I finished Alik'r, what did I miss?

"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    No, what I was thinking that as a Vampire, the stage you are in is what makes the difference. If you have fed and are in stage 1, no one notices you. Guards would not attack you except in stage 4. Stage 3 you might find some FG NPCs following you. Starge 2, "Hey, are you feeling alright?" from NPCs.

For WW, you are safe as long as you don't change in a city/town. You might find some FG NPCs following you, but nothing would really happen. Maybe have some NPCs that are attackable (not quest ones, they don't count), these might be FG NPCs, that if you attacked them their counter attack might force a change on you. then you have to deal with the guards. Then having the ability to change when you want is fine, and does not look as odd as it does in WoW for worgens.

This way you can still go to town to do all the stuff you need to, you just need to pay attention. Adds more fun to playing as those creatures.
    oldkye wrote: »
    I'd like them to acknowledge the fact that you are a vampire or werewolf like NPC's yelling at you or something but guards attacking you is a little more difficult it would make progression almost impossible and every vendor or bank transaction incredibly tedious if not out right impossible.

Can't store items, can't repair, can sell or buy things that's a little too much of a punishment if you do that they better be able to "kill" guards and take 15 people to hurt them in pvp lol.