The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problem with Doomcrag

grubbs.rhonda_ESO
I've seen several posts about the Montclair/Doomcrag quest problems. I tried the quest this evening and had a different problem. On the first level of Doomcrag when you have to fight all of the skeletons I can't take them all on at once without getting killed. I use a bow and so I drew a few out at a time and took them all on that way. But after defeating all of them nothing happened and I couldn't get into the middle level. I was just stuck. This quest seems to have several different problems and really should be fixed for an upcoming patch. After several tries and very expensive repairs I just gave up. But it is very disappointing.
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean. I did the quest line yesterday.
    I want to avoid spoilers, so you need to specify at what point you have problems.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did it for my wife the other day and had no problems from start 'till end. Did not die either with skellies. The friendly also attack skellies. But don't AOE them all because they will turn to you instead. I picked them off 2-3 at a time and went well.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    The quest is bugged. have just spent several attempts to do it, the point at which all the skeletons attack, 1 of the montclair women is supposed to cast healing on the party, she does it about 1 in 6 attempts, then after i had killed all the NPC skeletons int his area, I was just stuck as i did not get the "completed" dialogue, it appeared that it was still incomplete with nothing left to kill, so could not progress. Im guessing that, as it happened on one of the occasions, the other party members are meant to fight with you, but that isnt happening. Went out of the door and came back in, then it all started again, and just kept getting mobbed while the montclair party did nothing so just died over and over again. Starting to get sick and tired of the crap in this game now, very close to sacking it off for good, its just half finished
    Edited by drkeys143 on April 25, 2014 11:14PM
  • grubbs.rhonda_ESO
    Yes, exactly as described by drkeys above (much more artfully than by me). The other party members would not fight and certainly there was no healing. I did not AOE but picked off one skeleton at a time. When I did that 3 or 4 skeletons would attack and I handled them fine. Then I would pick off one more, rinse and repeat until all of the skeletons were dead.

At that point I assume I should get additional dialogue and/or be able to continue up the stairs into the next room/level of the quest. That does not occur. I'm basically just stuck at that point. I left the dungeon and returned a few times and tried again but I was never able to progress.

Thanks so much for the replies and attention to this. I am loving ESO and see nothing but good for it in the future.
  • Penelope
    Penelope
    Same issues as the last two posts :( I've attempted to complete it a few times each day but no luck. I'm hoping it isnt blocking another quest chain because I cant seem to find anything else in zone and it feels like there should be something.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am stranded in Rivenspire. I get to final scene in Doomcrag but there is no way I can kill the Gargoyle. There is another quest that's supposed to lead me to the next zone as the follow-up to the earth core quest. And the map shows the entry in various places, including close to me in that Doomcrag area but it vanishes when I go through the door it tells me to.

I'd probably find this all much more fun were I not building a support character for Cyrodiil. He's not meant or built to kill AI monsters. He's meant to heal and support people fighting people. That's what a game is, after all: competition among and between people. Problem is the game is forcing me to interact with robots and a scripted story. If I don't I'm at a growing disadvantage against players who have.

Isn't that a bit like forcing you to have sex with a love doll when there are real life women present? Hundreds or thousands of people in a digital world. Why do you need robots? And why must I listen to their robot stories or care about their fabricated dramas? Actual people will create plenty of drama on their own.

Just let me buy these levels and play the game I wish to play - a game that has a network connection for a reason that makes sense. And let me play a game where the reward is gameplay itself, not some item to reward my having suffered through the experience. It exists in Cyrodiil. But I'm not going to play ping pong for months to earn a level 50 bat so I can play baseball as I originally wanted to from the beginning and have the same chance of hitting the ball as the other players do.

Yeah, I know....I'm a fool for trying yet another MMO *blush*
  • Hessen
    Hessen
    ✭✭
    That's the most impressive wahmbulance patient I've seen for a while. Good job.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had problems with both times I was required to quest here.
    The first time, very early on into Rivenspire, the fight against all the Skeletons (Ancient Warriors or something) didn't pop after I killed them all.
    I died many, many times in this fight and this may have something to do with it.
    It was also very frustrating, after struggling so, that I had to abandon and try again.
    The second and successful time I moved further into the room and did not stay close to the back / door and it did pop.

Upon returning much later on, the Second Fight (Gargoyle) did not pop either.
    this really got bugged.
    Once again I died a few times and I believe one Skeleton disappeared and therefore the Gargoyle did not spawn.
    I abandoned multiple times, but no go.
    I finally abandoned and left it for an hour and then picked the quest back up and it started in the First Room, where previously if I abandoned and picked up straight away the quest would still be stuck in the Second Room. I did it ok this time.

It seem multiple deaths, which is never a good idea, sort of freaks out this quest.
    I'm lucky I did get them done I guess.

• Marricus
    Marricus
    Soul Shriven
    I have had issues over past few days trying to complete this. First phase is OK, just pick off the 6 changed friendlies. Second phase after the winding stairs up following Ravenspire in the room where he performs a ritual to release the two npc's never ends.

Quest phase is that you have to protect him whilst he performs the ritual but the mobs never stop. They spawn as follows:
    2 skel tanks
    1 skel tank 1 mage
    2 mages
    1 gargoyle
    then it just rotates through again I just logged an hour ago and tried again. Same ***. Did 3 rotations of the above mobs and nothing happens. This is the last quest in my Cadwell line for this alliance and I cannot move on to Vet 6 content. Bloody frustrating and now leveling an alt as there is nothing I can do about it
    xUT5FWf.png
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Query: There's a hint under the quest marker. Are you tricking the Gargoyles into smashing the Statues? I fell for that, wondering when it was going to end and then finally spotting the hint.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hide behind the statue, gargoyles will hit it and break it.

You don't need to kill it at all, really easy if yout get the trick.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Just hide behind the statue

Statues, there are 4 of them.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • moazirrnub18_ESO
    moazirrnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For me the boss wont spawn at the top of the tower
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    The stupid thing is, I actually killed the blasted thing, and they are UBER hard to solo at 30. Especially for a mage, i suspect, because you can't use any kind of paralysis or knockdown on them, but they do get distracted by pets. So I'd distract it, run away, use that fighter guild crossbow on it, curse it, my pet would explode, drop another pet and run like a bunny. Took FOREVER. OFC, another one spawned in half a second, which was really annoying, so I came here and then finished up in about ten minutes overall, LOL. I suppose you'd call it 30, I lvled during that mess.
  • tallscot
    tallscot
    crislevin wrote: »
    Just hide behind the statue, gargoyles will hit it and break it.

You don't need to kill it at all, really easy if yout get the trick.

Thank you! I'm 300 Champion and I'm easily taking down the gargoyle before getting to the statues and had no clue what I was supposed to do. Got in an endless battle.

The NPC should say something about having the gargoyle take out the statues.

Thanks!
    North America - PS4