The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Traits! - Is there a market for selling crafted sets?

ghakajin
ghakajin
Who has the most traits researched on Heavy Armor for blacksmithing? With 7 pieces of armor and 8 traits each, that's 56 traits to unlock. Since trait 8 is going to take about 25 days to research for each one, even with all 3 slots running that's about 3 months before anyone can have them all. I personally have 31 of the 56 researched, with the 6th trait for chest, legs and belt underway right now. So my question is, will people want to buy crafted sets from those who have many traits researched, or will people only want to buy cheap pieces of armor with a trait on so they can research it themselves? I myself would be interested in selling both, but want to get at least enough to craft a 5 set of the 6 trait sets.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm more interested in buying cheap pieces with the trait on so that I can do my own research. I'm a completionist, and eventually I want to be able to make every possible option on my own.

As far as how much heavy armour I've got researched, I'm at 26 traits researched. I kind of wish I'd started researching right when I started playing. Pauldron traits seem to be the hardest to come by in my experience - I've only got 2 researched, and I'm not even hanging onto any pauldrons with traits for future research.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there will be market for sets especially. Maybe not set of armor with specific trait but who knows.

The real set is different story I'm sure. With nice traits and the set bonuses upgraded to blue or above.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen people in zone chat offering 500 gold for items of any quality with specific traits, so yeah, I'd say there's a market for it. The question for you to address is what is the best way to take advantage of it?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    I've seen people in zone chat offering 500 gold for items of any quality with specific traits, so yeah, I'd say there's a market for it. The question for you to address is what is the best way to take advantage of it?

These are the completeonists as most likely I will do also when only couple traits left to research and cannot find the drop to research.

What I personally mean that I think eg full set of 'Song of Lamae' upgraded to blue or more will sell nicely.
    Requirement 5 traits researched. Gives
    * +11 hp regen (3 items)
    * When Health drops below 30%, deal 8 Magic Damage to the attacker and recover health equal to the damage dealt. 30 Second Cooldown (5 items)

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good question thousands of people will finish their 8th trait in one item at about the same time. Since there is no grinding or anything involved.

At the very least there needs to be good quality sets, currently the best ones are from drops.

I hope they add to Blacksmithing so there is some more player involvment in progressing further and not all research time based.

For example: Once you have 8 traits in a specific item you can start to "Level" that item line by Upgrading items to Green/Blue/Epic etc. So players will use their rare mats and everyone not just sit and craft white daggers if it was based on purely crafting for example.

This system could have say 10 levels in it, getting to 1-4 levels would be relative easy and would add bonuses to the items (extra damage,armor and so on) but to get from 5-6 it would start to increase in mats needed from 9->10 would require hundreds of stacks of upgrading items.

That way players can focus on specific items and craft better ones as they progress.

Options
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    I can tell you that in the last vr areas some players look for crafters with at least 6 traits researched; of course, with time, many will be able to craft the best sets.
    Options