The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gates of Fire *SPOILERS*

Hypersillyman
Hypersillyman
✭✭✭
To anyone who has completed this quest.

I chose the option to save Razum-Dar and not destroy the circlet. He seemed really mad at me for doing it. Does he ever get over it? Or does he stay mad at me for the rest of the story? I'm okay with having this spoiled for me. It doesn't change my decision, I would rather save him than let him die, but I'm curious to know if he ever forgives me.

This may seem like kind of a silly question, but I'm a serious story junkie and would love to know how this turns out. Also, does anyone know what happens if you let him die? Does he really die or does he pull of some sort of miraculous escape? As I said, I don't mind spoilers so anyone who feels like enlightening me feel free. If no one wants to tell me, so be it, I will have to settle for being a sad panda.

Thanks in advance everybody! :)
LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished the quest myself, and I chose to destroy the circlet. Was a hard choice, took a good 10 mins or so to decide but it was for the best, I think. After you put it in the last thing he says is "Thank you friend, I will see you on the other side." The place starts collapsing and you have to run out. I'll tell you what happens when NPC's find out and such.

Also, was there any way to destroy it later on if you pressed the rune? Or what happens to it?
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. No way to destroy it. You have to run out and give it to Raz, and he gets really mad at you. He goes off to find a new hiding place for it and scolds you for placing that kind of burden on him. I'm hoping he'll get over it in time, but I haven't progressed far enough to know for sure. I don't mind having it spoiled though, which is why I was asking. I would also be curious to find out what happens if you let him die. I heard somewhere that he manages to survive anyway and comes back, but I haven't been able to verify that.

As I said, I play as much for the story as for anything else, and my curiosity has gotten the better of me to the point where I am actually outright requesting spoilers. Of course, I completely understand if no one thinks I should get them, that is perfectly fair, but it will make me very sad. :(
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I play for the storyline too, so I know how that feels.

Also, I just progressed further in the Reaper's March province storyline and yeah, he does still manage to survive regardless. You ask him how and he says that he managed to pull off a few stunts and get out before it collapsed, but that he couldn't get anyone else out.

For several quests up until then though a lot of NPC's were rather sad when Razum-Dar was brought up,since they, as well as I, thought he had died.

• Levi
    Levi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad he lives. I really like that cat, but it irritates me that our choices do not seem to have a real, lasting impact.
    Levi Canonach VR16 Templar Healer - DC NA
    Coda Canonach VR16 Templar Stamina DPS - DC NA
    Faolan D'lanach VR16 Nightblade Healer/DPS - DC NA
    J'Aorka VR16 Nightblade Stamina DPS - AD NA
    Moon'Moon VR16 Dragonknight Tank - DC NA
    Rapha Yeshimone - VR16 Sorcerer Healer/DPS - DC NA
    Trelos Flacara VR1 Dragonknight Magicka DPS - DC NA
  • nerthiewb16_ESO
    nerthiewb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    WARNING!

This post contains spoilers!
    If you don't want to see what happens during/after the quest had happend, then don't read further!

You have been warned!

After saving Razum- Dar, the following quest after finishing the Aurenthia-quest, the player will meet Zelada who mentions about Razum-Dar state.
    EDIT: The player meets Razum-Dar of his/her decision from the quest "Gates of Fire" at Rawl'kha temple, although if he lives he is not amused to see you.
    EDIT2: At Dune as you arrive and start quest, queen Ayrenn will mention about the decisions in further conversation.
    EDIT3: During the Quest "Moonshine path", you will meet Cariel and depends on the decision, she mentions about Razum-Dar
    EDIT4: Message to all Tamriel

Sorry for the long post.[/spoiler]
    Edited by nerthiewb16_ESO on May 13, 2014 6:46PM
    Oi, get back here...!
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several years later... but I found a morally satisfying way past this conundrum, which doesn't actually work in game, but satisfies *me* narratively.

It requires one to have done enough of the Summerset quest line to unlock the Psijic skills... and then completed the Psijic skill quest line far enough to get its Ultimate skill.

This doesn't change anything in-game, but this is how it goes in my head:

Player to Raz: "I have a crazy idea which might just work".
    Raz: "This one likes crazy ideas and will try nearly anything once. Except incest and Argonian belly-dancing."
    Player: "Right. Now. You and your guys... get ready to come through the door, you'll have exactly three seconds. Run past me, make sure you don't barge me because I need to concentrate, and don't stop running till you get to the exit on THIS side"
    Raz: "What? This one does not believe you will preserve the crown! Has the Skooma Cat touched you?"
    Player: "Don't argue... I'll be about four seconds behind you, make sure you hold the front door open just in case I make it... now, get ready, GO!"

Player: *uses crown to depower door so Raz and troops can escape*
    Raz and chums: *rush through and rush past player*
    Player, after 3 seconds, casts Psijic Ultimate skill "Undo" which TURNS BACK TIME FOR THE PLAYER FOR FOUR SECONDS.

Player turns to see Raz and troop legging it down the corridor... then turns to the flame, still holding the Crown. Which, being in the player's possession, has also gone back four seconds... to *before* it was depowered to open the door, and thus has gone "back" to being fully powered.

Player smirks, and then puts the crown in the brazier to destroy it, and races after Razum-dar.

Raz: "This one is glad you made it out, but what of the Crown? Did you just bury it in the rubble for the next fool to dig up with a shovel?"
    Player: "No, it is destroyed. You might have to ask the Psijics how I did this one..."