The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Feesibility of taking multiple tradeskills

NerfYou
NerfYou
When I was in Beta, I tried to take two tradeskills early on, and it did not seem like it was feesible. Now that I've gone through the game in beta and seen what long term is like, as well as seeing just how many skill points are available now that the game is live, I'm reconsidering this.The sheer number of Skyshards I missed in beta makes me think it's possible to do two trade skills, and three if you go heavy into Veteran ranks and AvA.

Has anyone tried two, or three different trade skills? Do you believe it has reduced your combat effectiveness?
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    400+ possible skill points, it's feasible, but not until you get a bit further into the game. I wouldn't start out at level 10 and plan to do 2 crafts, but when you hit the vet ranks, it's easily doable.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can level all of the crafts on the same character, there are more than enough skill points. You don't need all the skills of the crafting skill lines, too, so that helps.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can easily max all tradeskills on one char with some planning.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    Options
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    Once you hit level 10 you can pick up a bunch of skyshards in Cyrodiil and then you will have plenty to do 2 crafts easily without gimping your combat ability.
    Options
  • NerfYou
    NerfYou
    It seemed like 2 before even 50 would be doable, if you farm all the skyshards as you go. Three also looks easily viable once you hit VR levels and start going through the other Alliance areas.

Thanks for the reply everyone!
    Options
  • imowen70_ESO
    I have provisioning, Blacksmith and Alchemy. Those skyshards and some larger quest chains give me tons of skill points.
    Options
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    Got all but enchanting at 50 (enchanting at 28).
    Doable, but enchanting, alchemy and provisioning will be murder on your bag/bank space.
    Skill point usage is not all that high, unless you want all the bells and whistles like hirelings, upgrade improvements and stuff.
    Just pick up the actual crafting skill, research skill and maybe rank in keen eye and you're good to go (extra servings in provisioning/alchemy are to be suggested though).
    Options
  • Chrisu
    Chrisu
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely possible. I'm doing all the professions on one character and have all but enchanting maxed (not all the skills, see here). I'm VR4 and have spent 95 skill points for crafting so far and can still heal in dungeons and do VR5 solo content without a problem.
    Options
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    One more vote for "Yes, it is possible!".

I was using all 6 crafts on my main character from the start. Now she is VR 5, 5 crafts are at lvl50 and enchanting is about lvl24. I do collect all skyshards (including all but 4 harder-to-access skyshards in Cyrodiil) and do all quests, I also completed some of the challenges in public dungeons. Most of my skill points are invested in crafting, some things are skipped though (no Keen Eye, no drinks from provisioning, no negative effect reduction from alchemy). I do great in PvE both solo and as a healer in dungeons. I have some skill points left for future and I keep getting more. Because my crafts do not require any more points, I started unlocking weird combat skills which I don't even need. At VR 10 I will make another skill points reset I think.

Note - I do not PvP, so I don't have skill points from PvP ranks but I also do not spend them on the PvP skill trees. I am not a ww/vamp so no spending here either. I feel comfortable with just two weapons (destro and resto staves) and two types of armour (light and heavy), it would be my only choice even in the world without crafting. If one wants bigger variety of roles, a possibility to perform as either a tank or a healer or a dps, more cc options for PvP and so on - having 6 crafting professions maxed may become harder, at least till you collect over 300 points. For my playstyle and preferences with 183 points I am already out of ideas how to spend the new ones.
    Options
  • Tecova
    Tecova
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently level 32, and I'm doing ALL the tradeskills. I'm 25 smith, 27 clothing, 26 woodworking, 46 alchemy, 50 provisioning, 13 enchanting. My character hasn't been gimped combat-wise either. My secret, as others here have described, has been to collect EVERY skyshard. I've been playing a Templar in the Aldmeri Dominion. Of all the shards available to my faction before I hit veteran, I'm only missing 4, and with the exception of one of them that requires me to complete a mages guild quest to get, they've all been relatively easy to get. I thought I'd be hosed getting the ones in dungeons, and they've actually been just as easy as ground based shards. Every dungeon I've walked into has an absolute gaggle of people farming boss mobs, and so it's been relatively easy to fight my way through the dungeons, get the shard, and even do some boss farming myself. Breaking down boss loot has been a big boon too.

As for Cyrodiil shards, I had to get a group for a lot of those. Of my 4 missing shards, three are in Cyrodiil. It's just a matter of people not moving to that area to farm bosses yet, as all three are down in dungeons that are beyond my ability to solo at 32.

Long story short, you can do all trades with one character, do them well, and have PLENTY left over for combat.
    Options
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level 20 and am doing blacksmithing, enchanting and slight woodworking.

I don't do every skill in each skill line, but blacksmithing/enchanting does use up the majority of my bank space. I wouldn't be good at alchemy or provisioning with it, but I am leveling up provisioning just because I get recipes and then burn mats until I'm out of mats.
    Options