The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The silvenar and his.."makeover"..

Kayla0440
Kayla0440
So I am Dominion and as I was doing the quests the first time I went through them ( I had a level 35 toon that I decided to scrap and start over) and on the quests where the new Silvenar is chosen (won't go in the reason why) I saw what that character looked like.
Now, flash forward to a new zone where I am having to rescue said Silvenar for reasons I won't go into (no spoilers!) I was almost 100% sure that the rescued Silvenar looks different than the freshly chosen one. Luckily thanks to my scrapping of the toon, I had a chance to redo the quests and I took a screenshot of both. I compared them and in fact it is a completely different model.
Does this break the game for me? Oh hells bells no! Am I bitching? Naw, but I do have a question as to why? It seems weird and the continuity of the quest is kinda thrown off to me. Why are the models different?
I would say it is lazy but designing an entirely new character for a pretty large questline seems hardly lazy. Just..weird. Why the change? Was he a placeholder that never got fixed? Am I the only one that noticed this? I've also done quests where the voice actor sounds one way and then the next line of text they have a completely different voice and then the following text it was back to the original. Lol odd stuffs.

Also, sorry for the wall of text but little things like this just strike me as odd. I am just curious as to the reasons why they are there. If you have a problem with reading though you probably shouldn't be on a forum to begin with haha.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given his connection to the Bosmer as a whole, I would expect some changes to take place during a transition. He's not just a spiritual leader. He (or sometimes she) is more like the avatar of the Bosmer, representing them spiritually, emotionally and physically.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Kayla0440
    Kayla0440
    On another note, I am pretty sure I found the missing Silvenars character model on another quest line in the same quest zone. His name is Mathragor. I mean he looks EXACTLY like Indaenir (newly chosen Silvenar) WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! Lol
    Options
  • Kayla0440
    Kayla0440
    I can understand that but the thing is after Indaenir was chosen the change would have happened then. It did not. Not to mention when I speak with him later in the new zone with the new, new Silvenar he recognized me and then the following sentence he calls me a stranger lol. I think this is more a continuity error instead of anything spiritually related to Bosmer. On that note, I friggin love the Bosmer lore! Have you read it? It is so fascinating! The lore in general on this game is freaking awesome!

EDIT: I almost forgot, thank you for responding!! I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read my post haha. =)
    Edited by Kayla0440 on April 24, 2014 7:32AM
    Options
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that too, and I would look forward to the explanation, you actually form a bond with the new silvenar, like you do with the new mane, and you come in a new area, and he is actually another person...
    The green lady doesn't change if I am right...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
    Options
  • Kayla0440
    Kayla0440
    She doesn't! I am glad someone else spotted this haha
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    oh, nevermind..i was gonna mention the spiritual-transformation thing, but see it was already addressed. so, I'm out of ideas as to why, heh.
    Edited by Shanna on April 25, 2014 12:15PM
    This is all part of the game.
    Options
  • 00Serval
    00Serval
    From A Dance in Fire, Chapter 6:

"When they're healthy, so is he. When they're mostly female, so is he. When they cry for food or trade or an absence of foreign interference, he feels it too, and makes laws accordingly. In a way, he's a despot, but he's the people's despot."

It's all perfectly "normal."
    Options
  • Andor
    Andor
    I noticed as well and I'm glad you made this post about it.
    Custos91 wrote: »
    I noticed that too, and I would look forward to the explanation, you actually form a bond with the new silvenar, like you do with the new mane, and you come in a new area, and he is actually another person...
    The green lady doesn't change if I am right...

This is what irritated me the most. The new "new Silvenar" didn't recognize me after all we had just been through in the previous zone.
    00Serval wrote: »
    From A Dance in Fire, Chapter 6:

"When they're healthy, so is he. When they're mostly female, so is he. When they cry for food or trade or an absence of foreign interference, he feels it too, and makes laws accordingly. In a way, he's a despot, but he's the people's despot."

It's all perfectly "normal."

I feel this explains the appearance change, but not the memory loss.
    Options