Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Contract

jimmymcdermedub17_ESO
The 14th of Second Seed, 2E 864

It’s a hot mess in the jungle, especially since I’m off the road. But I can’t be seen, not until I get to Helstrom. I’m heading west from Archon along the shores of Lake Ixithmai. I have a dead drop waiting for me at the east gate at Helstrom. Conditions are not the best as it’s always precipitating at some point. The main road is to my left and I occasionally see trader or noble traveling along the road. I try to keep my distance from them. Food is the least of my problems as I made sure I stocked up before I left. At this point, I just have to keep moving. Can’t stay in any place too long. Almost crossing into the Foggy Bog and then on to Helstrom. Would have been nicer to take a carriage. It’s getting late and I need to set up camp before it gets too dark. Problem is, I can’t start a fire. I would be spotted and leave a nice trail for whoever wants to follow me at the same time. Set up camp in a hollowed out tree stump. Not as dry as I had hoped but it gets the job done.

The 15th of Second Seed, 2E 864

Same thing as always. I’ve been at this for 4 days trying to cut through the forest. I can’t get over how I can’t take the roads. My toe claws are a mess and I’m chaffing. Have to stop for a rest.

The 16th of Second Seed, 2E 864

Somebody’s following me. I don’t know who or what is. I dozed off while resting and awoke the next day. I noticed that my tracks I left behind have been worn away over night. That doesn’t usually happen. I now keep my two daggers sheathed at all times and I’m trying to keep my senses sharp. I should be at Helstrom by tomorrow afternoon. I just have to keep moving.

The 17th of Second Seed, 2E 864

No signs of anyone on my tail. I couldn’t sleep last night. I’m on the north tip of the lake and I’m a couple miles from Helstrom. I have to make my final push.

The 18th of Second Seed, 2E 864

I was ambushed within sight of the east gate. A bosmer with an oak bow missed me from the trees. I hid behind a fallen tree for cover. I heard maybe two voices talking to each other. Couldn’t make out what they were saying. Wish I had. I stealthed away from the stump heading north up to the road. My natural Shadow kept me hidden. I slowly flanked them from the the north side, throwing one of my knives into one of the bosmers right lung. He fell to the forest floor. The other bosmer readied an arrow. I jumped to my right for cover. He shot an arrow, hitting a tree two feet away from my arm. Again, I slowly made my way behind him. Oblivious to where I was, I reached the tree where he was perched. Slowly, I climbed the wide oak with my knife in my mouth. I reached his branch and slit his throat. He as well fell to the ground. I dropped down and retrieved my gear. I headed north to the west road and heading into the east gate at Helstrom.
Edited by jimmymcdermedub17_ESO on April 25, 2014 4:32AM
  • dungya
    dungya
    Not bad...but you switched from present to past tense between the 15th and 16th seed =d
  • jimmymcdermedub17_ESO
    Ha! you're right. Whatever, I just did this for fun you know.
  • jimmymcdermedub17_ESO
    Going to make the edit now