The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

TESO Getting Boring and Tedious...

annarr1117nub18_ESO
is TESO getting boring and tedious to you TES fans???, various TES elements and etc. seem to be missing in TESO folks!
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    It's not boring and tedious for me
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Various stuffs and etc are boring, tedious and annoying in miscellaneous places ,situations and whatnot.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is TESO getting boring and tedious to you TES fans???, various TES elements and etc. seem to be missing in TESO folks!
    notsureifseriousn.jpg
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not boring for me.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    Perhaps I'm just expecting TESO to be way too much more successful than Skyrim and the other previous hit TES series of video games folks!
    Options
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not boring or tedious for me at all.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, not boring to me but I am not playing it exclusively. Maybe If I played constantly, every day for the 3 weeks since early release and if I was already at veteran levels then possibly but I am only level 24 with roughly 60 hours of play I have half my levels yet to get. I have tons of quests left to do. Zones left to explore. Other character builds to try in other alliances.
    Options
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all ...
    Options
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I'm still having a good time, but it's all still relatively new to me. The game has a great feel imo.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

Options
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I'm just expecting TESO to be way too much more successful than Skyrim and the other previous hit TES series of video games folks!

That's your problem right there.
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    if youre bored, do something else. stop the tedious tasks and go another direction. guild role play, pvp zerg, pvp gank squad, solo dungeon attempts, explore only with no questing/ grinding, make friends, craft, run around just healing folks about to die, hunt down elites. find every skyshard and so on an so on

uh.. a million things to do different everyday. if youre still bored then thats cool, the game is not for you
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭

That's the main factor yes.
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
    Options
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    yall enjoy paying monthly for a average game. LOL
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingRebz wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir or madam, I will enjoy paying for ESO!

Of course, I will have to not go out for sushi one time out of the month in order to afford it... #firstworldproblems. :(
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok but I'm struggling to see it keeping me playing in the future. Not sure if the endgame is what I'm personally looking for.

Also I find the pvp to be kinda average. Which is a bit part of endgame for me.
    Options
  • Rickey
    Rickey
    It's ok but I'm struggling to see it keeping me playing in the future. Not sure if the endgame is what I'm personally looking for.

Also I find the pvp to be kinda average. Which is a bit part of endgame for me.
    This. PvP is everything in MMOs to me. There's like a 1 second delay between weapon swapping which is huge if u happen to have a certain skill u need on ur other bar and ur in combat. 5-10 horse rides to find a fight. Questing seems to be the only way to level up besides clearing the zone. It's really hard to enjoy this right now. Won't be subbing for next month, but will come back if changes are made.
    Options
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

Of course, I will have to not go out for sushi one time out of the month in order to afford it... #firstworldproblems. :(

Trying to be funny is the process of deniale, I like it. Lol

This game is average. Your paying a monthly fee where you can do everything plus more in a free game like Runescape.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[...]
    Your paying a monthly fee where you can do everything plus more in a free game like Runescape.
    Why even play Runescape though? That's way too fancy. Besides, their devs probably make money in some fashion somehow, and that's obviously corrupt.

If you really want to show Zenimax whose boss, and defy their pesky capitalistic ideals, you should be playing Nethack.

NetHack_3.4.3_ASCII_capture_ecran.png

As your '@' travels to 'd' you can smile in silent satisfaction at how you avoided spending $15 that month. Mission complete!
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭

This game is average. Your paying a monthly fee where you can do everything plus more in a free game like Runescape.

Runescape? That's your example of a "free game that offers more"?

Runescape? Really? Not even Guild Wars 2? Runescape?

"Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

Options
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game so much, i love grinding, i love the element of surprise, Nothing is boring here. :)
    Options
  • shandrew82
    shandrew82
    ✭✭
    While I do agree that there are some missing elements from the regular games, I haven't gotten bored once!

I would suggest switching things up. Don't just power-quest for 4 hours straight. Go get your feet wet with some pvp action, or try to find a group for one of the group dungeons.

My personal favorite at the moment is crafting. It really breaks up the monotony, and buying the materials is almost a game in itself lol.

Tl;dr

Switch up what your doing every so often, don't just focus on one thing all day

Hope this helps at least a little :)
    Options
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm kthxbye?
    Options
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d0e1ow wrote: »

Runescape? That's your example of a "free game that offers more"?

Runescape? Really? Not even Guild Wars 2? Runescape?

I am going to report him as troll, I hope people in this thread do the same so we clean a bit up this forums. It's clearly a kid trying to start a flame war... has he started calling people delusional fanbois yet?
    Options
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Bored of posts about being bored? I know I am.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly , i kind of agree with you OP , from a gameplay point of view.

BUT there is a LOT of see in the game in terms of lore/story. Which is pretty much what keeps me in.

That is the reason i think im going back to my steam library when i get to vet 10 and thus have ended checking the story of the 3 factions.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bored at all on the contrary I'm having a blast.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Draxinusom
    Draxinusom
    ✭✭✭
    I find comparisons to "predecessor" games of TESO interesting, since TESO has none.

TES games are by Bethesda, TESO is from Zenimax Online Studios. Yes, only one letter more, but that O stands for online, contrary to the single player games in the same lore-world. TESO is an MMO and the first one in the elder scrolls universe.

TESO is *not* the successor to Morrowind, Skyrim (and the other single player TES games). The successor to Skyrim will most likely somewhen be announced by Bethesda although it could be years out.
    Options