Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Blades

Sardaukar66
Sardaukar66
Soul Shriven
At some point, the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild will be added to the game. However, it's dawn to me, "What about the Blades?" They did exist during this timeframe, However as Dragonguards. Wouldn't it be cool if at the some point, you can join up with the Blades? Just wondering what you all thing.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that would be a bit off, considering that the Blades are the secret arm of the Emperor. Who your faction is trying to replace with your faction leader.

Their loyalty is to the Empire and the True Emperor. That's like asking if you can join the Imperial Legion.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Forget the blades, I want to join the Daggers. I did finance them.
  • thomas.manzellaub17_ESO
    If anything they're going to be the people we raid later down the road.
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Dragonborn emperor, therefore they really don't give a *** about anything. chances are they are just tending to their halls awaiting the return of the dragonborns.

EDIT: to truely answer your questin, the answer is: most likely we will not even hear a mention of the,=m, maybe a orebook about them but nothing more.
    Edited by Captainkrunch96 on May 10, 2014 2:57AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Well, that would be a bit off, considering that the Blades are the secret arm of the Emperor. Who your faction is trying to replace with your faction leader.

Their loyalty is to the Empire and the True Emperor. That's like asking if you can join the Imperial Legion.
    Um, what Emperor, the whole point is that there is no Emperor, the cataclysm was created by the de facto Emperor trying to become the real Emperor, and he's gone.

That said I doubt they are actively involved, they probably are looking for a true dragonborn, and killing any Daedra who get too close to important sites. But they won't be that interesting at the minute.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Mykah
    Mykah
    ✭✭✭
    Cool idea. I'd love to see a Blades guild. To the nay sayers, the Blades have been a major faction in most ES lore, Pvp systems aside they would be a great addition to the bredth of ESO.

Would be awesome to have a new tanky melee focused set of guild abilities available to all classes.
  • Sardaukar66
    Sardaukar66
    Soul Shriven
    Mykah wrote: »
    Cool idea. I'd love to see a Blades guild. To the nay sayers, the Blades have been a major faction in most ES lore, Pvp systems aside they would be a great addition to the bredth of ESO.

Would be awesome to have a new tanky melee focused set of guild abilities available to all classes.

Not to mention a Blades Motifs too. I really like they're armor and weapons.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blades didn't exist until the time of Tiber Septim. They'd still be the Akaviri Dragonguard at this point.
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    The lore doesn't matter at all in ESO, and if you think it does you're welcome to file a complaint in the town hall of the city of Almalexia.

So they should just introduce the Blades, call them such and be done with it.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Blades didn't exist until the time of Tiber Septim. They'd still be the Akaviri Dragonguard at this point.
    This is true, sort of, there is evidence they had started to change before Tiber Septim, but they didn't become the Blades until after Tiber Septim became Emperor.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyhaven Temple is in northern Cyrodil and it has been raised from the ground by Dark Anchors. There is no way right now to get into the temple as it floats, but I hope they create it into a dungeon or something like that.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you pay attention, this is kind of what the Dragon Knight class is. Hang on...here. I would likewise appreciate some actual plot to go with it, though. And an Akaviri Motif!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyhaven Temple is in northern Cyrodil and it has been raised from the ground by Dark Anchors. There is no way right now to get into the temple as it floats, but I hope they create it into a dungeon or something like that.

Skyhaven Temple is in Skyrim. The one you are thinking about is Cloud Ruler Temple from Oblivion.